Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:23 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly Chick Chat -- September 8th - 14th

HOLA!

New Week Amigos!

Well DH is sick. UGH. I told him to keep it to himself pls. I cannot miss any work since my vacation is right around the corner and I barely have enough time to cover that. So lots of Vitamin C for me! lol. I felt yucky yesterday morning and thought, "oh wonderful........." but then I felt better later on.....so maybe I just passed it on to him. Hate to say it, but better him be sick than me.

Well Chicas, back to work for me......

Take Care!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Have a wonderful week, everyone
Old 09-08-2008, 11:49 AM   #3  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Uh oh, Sassy. Good luck keeping healthy! Zinc is also supposed to be really good at boosting the immune system, so you might try adding that to your Vitamin C regimen.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #4  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hiya everyone!

I had a good weekend (well, not dietwise, but I'll take what I can get right now). I feel all revved and ready to get back to class - I'm guessing that will last until this afternoon when I expect to return to my panicky overwhelmed feeling.

Anyway, gotta go review notes and run to class. See ya!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #5  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

Today I found out about a tax class and signed up for it. It starts tomorrow! I don't like making decisions in a hurry but I didn't have time to sleep on it. If I pass the state test it will allow me to work part time doing taxes during tax season. A friend of ours knows some people who do it and can make $3000-$5000/month just part time. If that's true it will really help out. It may also help me decide if I want to go into accounting. I hope to find out more in the morning when it starts. My job agreed to work around my schedule, I was kinda surprised.

Amarie: Glad you had a good weekend and good to see you. I had that panicky feeling earlier when I was trying to decide to take the class. I hate jumping into something when I work full time and don't learn as quickly as I used to.

TTYT
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Hi all, thought I would drop in and see how you're all doing, seems like I haven't had a minute spare these last few weeks to even log in.. can't seem to get myself organised, I'm so rubbish at time management!

I also seem to be rubbish at diet management, comfort eating doesn't even begin to describe what I've been doing recently. I've managed to regain any weight I'd lost plus an extra 7 lbs so well done me!

Anyway, here's wishing everyone a good week

Oh... and hope4me, good luck with your class tomorrow!

Last edited by mimzy; 09-09-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #7  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi girls -

I've been eating like an idiot, and not running, and haven't even walked my poor dog in more than a week. Oops. I do know what I need to do... will today be the day I get butt in gear and DO it? I hope so...

Hope - good for you! I have a friend who does taxes and while certain times of the year are crazy busy, she gets a LOT in the bank over a short time - !

My ticker's totally not right any more... but if I can kick myself into action, I hopefully won't have to change it... sigh. Maybe that's just denial. It's all emotional too - that's the stuff that beats me down.

Hope you are all well - hang in there!!
Heather
Old 09-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #8  
stand-up philosopher

HeatherAngel - you hang in there too!

I think that if it were my ticker in question, I'd only raise it for more than five pounds or if I'd been gaining more than a week. What you do is entirely up to you - you know what motivates you best!

I'll be thinking about you today.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Morning Chickies,... off to work I go.. busy busy week & leaving Friday for the States for 2 days (medieval event... feast on Sat night will be a challenge.. I will be off my program for it... I did the same at my sis' surprise birthday party tho... Planned for it and didn't go overboard, so I'm aiming for the same thing Sat night... The menu is posted, and believe me.. there are NO "safe" choices lol..however, I think giving myself strict permission.. and hubby with me... will help.. I'm confident I can have a bit of each dish and be satisfied... as soon as the meal is over, it's back to OP for me!!)

Have a wonderful day
Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #10  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Heather I'm feeling you're pain. I just mindlessly ate 1000 calories or more, I dread to even think.. I haven't done that in months, and what more is annoying is that I've been feeling ok recently. Surprisingly enough, now I dont. You've come a long way though, just stick in there

Judo sounds like you're dealing well with it - if I have to eat off plan or go for meals I start to panic and freak out big time so it's really great that you can take it in your stride and get straight back to plan afterwards.

I'm doing okay, college is fine, I'm just struggling with inspiration for my current project. Anyway, we'll see how it all goes. to you all.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #11  
stand-up philosopher

Hi everybody!

Feeling alright, but lacking motivation. The pool is heating up a bit. Maybe after a workout I'll feel more energetic, but right now all I want to do is relax and not think about anything too much. (And there's homework to get done - always.)
Old 09-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

well i am feeling a little more like myself. Atleast I am not falling asleep and giving in a napping when i should be doing school...lol...i have had meds since saturday night so hopefully it will kick in faster...but this morning i felt totally awful in despair wanted to hide for days, smash my head off the wall, but i have actually got stuff done like I completely cleaned off the puter desk and uncluttered is which means i am starting to get back to normal...if thats what you call it

ok everyone I seen this flyer at the store and they are having a biggest loser thing in my county. You pay 39 dollars 10 goes to help children the others goes to the winner. You get free metb. testing, free nutriontist, free training and some other stuff just didnt get to read it all...Do you think that is something I should try to get me moving a little more and make me accountable or do you think its stupid to push myself??? Just wondering? Ok give me answers soon cause you have to sign up by i think friday..ok lata all!!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All.

I hope your all doing well.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #14  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Mom I think this losers thing in a way is unhealthy (Especially tv because its non-stop and competitive, who is going to keep off so many lbs they lose very quickly when theyre doing nothing but weight loss & then go back to their on lives?)

However I still think you can get the benefit of advice from trainers and nutritional experts and if it helps motivate you, then I say go for it! Just try to stay realistic and healthy.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Beautiful Ladies,

Happy Hump Day

Closed Thread