Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 09:00 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 4/8 - 4/14

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 04-08-2002, 09:12 AM   #2  

Carla - sorry to hear that you were struggling. My old boss (who was let go right before 9/22) described the same feelings - only he didn't keep going in (which has to be harder). I think you go through the same stages as when you are mourning (denial, anger, depression - I think there is a fourth) - well, in a way you are mourning. I hope these help a little {{{{{HUGS}}}}. I hope the weekend was better. How was your MIL's party? I looked for the brussel sprouts Friday but couldn't find them at the smaller store. I'll have to check next weekend (Tony did the grocery shopping this week 'cause I was sick).

Angie - Good for you for "scoping out" the restaurant at Dottie's and doing well (taking home a doggie bag is a good thing). Congratulations to "your" Tony for being smoke free for 12 years! I've stayed off the scale but I'll have to wait until next week for my "reward" (I hope).

Well, I never made it to my meeting on Saturday. The cold went to my chest and I was feeling pretty crummy so I slept in. Later in the day, I felt a little better and tried to do some exercise (weights) - I think that was a mistake because Sat. evening I felt as if I was heading towards bronchitis. I drank a lot of tea Saturday evening and did very little yesterday except sleep. The good news is that I started feeling a lot better in the afternoon (after a two hour nap) and I'm feeling pretty good today. I did a bit of "feeling sorry for myself" eating yesterday but got back on track and had an OP dinner and evening (just had a little fruit for a snack).

Have a great one!
163.6/155.6/135 (last week's numbers)
Old 04-08-2002, 09:42 AM   #3  

Good Morning!

I have been gone for so long I am not going to possibly be able to catch up so I am going to just post from today on.

Judy-I hope you are feeling 100% soon.

Surgery went well I guess, still have to wait yet again for results. Pain was not too bad. I am swollen and bruised and it looks like someone took an ice cream scoop and took a chunk of b**b out, but other than that, doing pretty good.

I will say though it did nothing to curb by appitite. I woke from the anethesia starving!! I had a Hershey bar in the pharmacy just waiting for the script. Then just ate until I finally passed out again. (thank goodness I did) No exercise still and starting to notice the effects of it. I am hoping to get back by next week.

I hope everyone is doing great and had a wonderful weekend.

Have a great day.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Angie - Congrats to Tony on being smoke free for 12 years. And a pat on the back to you for scoping out the restaurant beforehand and sticking to plan. You're awesome. Thanks for your kind words on Friday. My co-workers, what few are left-are all great. For the most part they aren't treating me differently, really, although I think seeing me reminds them it could happen to them next and that makes them, understandbly so, a bit uncomfortable.

Judy - Thanks for the hugs; I needed them. You're absolutely right about this being like the 4 stages of grief. I believe the last stage is acceptance, so I'm waiting to get to that. Actually, I'm waiting to get back to that as I started out with acceptance. I'm sorry to hear that you spent the weekend sick. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better today. Take it easy. And yay for you for getting right back on track.

Michele - I'm sure you're glad to get the surgery over with. I hope the swelling and bruising clear up soon. I know waiting for the results must be difficult. I'm thinking of you. I hope you can
get back to your normal routine soon.

I had a pretty good weekend. My MIL's party was fine and I was successful in keeping the portions small. Drank too much wine though. I was pretty much within points yesterday (didn't journal) but I basically ate garbage. This morning my body was ready to be back on track with good healthy food. I didn't get enough water in this weekend, so I'm guzzling, guzzling, guzzling today. We had a few hours of sunshine on Saturday, so that was good. But we've been back to our grey, rainy weather. I cannot wait for this to end.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-09-2002, 12:02 AM   #5  

Judy - Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Boy do I know that "feel sorry for myself" eating. Good job getting back on track.

Michele - I'm sure waiting for results is hard. Hope the swelling and bruising clear up soon.

Carla - Good job keeping the portions small at your MIL's party. Glad to hear you're back on track with healthy food today. Hope the sun comes out soon.

I had a half pound loss this week. I was a little disappointed, but am trying to ignore my weight for a while. I know muscle weighs more than fat and am trying to concentrate on building some muscle right now. I did an upper body weight workout Friday and a short walk/jog on Saturday. That made six days in a row for some type of exercise!! I took yesterday as a rest day and did a lower body workout this morning.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 04-09-2002, 08:52 AM   #6  

Michele - glad to hear that the "went well" although I'm sure you must be pretty uncomfortable. The waiting must be really tough - did they say when they should have a result? Never mind about the Hershey bar and don't worry about the exercising. As you siad, you'll get back to the exercising soon enough. Take care {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Carla - Way to go on doing well at your MIL's party especially with having had a little too much wine! Isn't it funny how these days you just don't feel so great after you eat junk? Yup, acceptance, that's the last stage. I don't think you necessarily *have* to go through them in any order. I'm glad to hear that your co-workers (those that are left) are being great. I'm glad you got a little sunshine - we're supposed to get some rain later - no complaints though we need it and more.

Pat - Congratulations on the loss - that's great! Hey, a half pound lost is still in the right direction and you are absolutely right about the muscle vs. the fat. Six days in a row is fantastic! I remember my leader saying that with weight training you can see less losses on the scale. You can tell the progresws you're making though with how your clothes fit - which is a better gauge of progress anyway. Now that my shoulder is a little better I'm trying to get more weight work in too (and now PT is pretty much all exercises for my shoulders with some weights or resistance bands).

I ad a good day yesterday - Tnoy got home a little late but I had a couple of Wasa's with ff cream cheese & salsa while I waited. Although I'm feeling almost ttally better, I didn't want to do any aerobics yet but I did do a lower body workout and biy, can feel it in my behind and hamstrings today! Snacks were just ff chocolate pudding and fruit so I did well point-wise.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-09-2002, 09:20 AM   #7  

Good Morning!

Carla-I just went back and read old posts, so sorry about your job. I hope the sun is shinning for you today. I am glad you enjoyed your party and the wine

Judy-I am glad you are feeling better. I hope all your hard work with working out is paying off for you. I splerged on myself yest. and bought a product I saw on an informercial. Shame on me I know but it looked good anyway. (That is what I get for sitting on the couch all weekend) It is CableFlex, the "new" exercise/weight machine from Jackie Chan. You can check out at www.cableflex.com. I hope to be in front of the TV using it instead of on the couch. I might even bring into work and use when boss is away.

Pat-Great job on the loss and the weight training is definately the colpret (?) at the scale, but you will see the difference quickly. 6 days in a row, that is wonderful.

Karen and Karen-hope all is well with you.

Today is the day I am supposed to get my results. I have been keeping my thoughts only towards the possitive side, though I do think my stress showed last night in the evil form of a b*tch towards Steve and Bobby , hope they will forgive me. I am still swollen and uncomfortable and now my neck and shoulder hurts from not being able to sleep on my side or stomach, nevermind having to wear my bra to bed. I just kind of blew up. Thank you all so much for the {{{{{HUGS}}}}}, they have really helped. At home the phone keeps ringing, everyone just checking etc. but driving me crazy! I will call and talk when I am ready, I know just wishing me well but they are not helping and I don't have the heart to tell them all to just leave me alone. God forbid I get bad news, they will smother me. I know I sound ungrateful and mean. There I think I just needed to vent there for a minute.

Thanks again for letting me vent and for being so supportive. I will try and post when I get my results.

Have a great day.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:33 PM   #8  

Hi everyone.

Pat - Congrats on your loss! You're so right - muscle is denser than fat and your building muscle right now, so you may see smaller weight losses. Good plan to ignore your weight for a while. Concentrate on how good the exercise makes you feel and pay attention to how your clothes are fitting you. And keep in mind the wonderful things that exercise is doing to your metabolism,

Judy - Maybe we're sending our rain your way. I hope so! You need it; I don't want it. Sounds like you had a great OP day yesterday. Good job!

Michele - First of all, here are some {{hugs}}. I'm sure that Steve and Bobby both understand that you can only deal with so much before losing it, especially when you're in pain. Just give them extra hugs tonight. Maybe you should just take the phone off the hook for awhile or let the machine pick up. I can understand how you feel. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and crossing everything that I can that you hear good news. I hope you heal quickly and are able to use your cableflex (you deserve the splurge) soon.

I'm not having the best of days, all the way around. I've done a little of that "sorry for myself" eating and have to put the brakes on now. I did a stupid, bad thing this morning and did a sneak peek and didn't like what I saw. Just have to remind myself that the only thing I can do about it is stay the course. My rings are way tight, so it's most likely water. And my pants are feeling baggy today, so I'm just going to concentrate on that and all the other positive things in my life.

Carla
Old 04-09-2002, 01:46 PM   #9  

Michele - Listen, you vent as much as you need to. I can understand where you are coming from - I know that when my cousin was waiting for her diagnosis, she just used to say "I just don't want to talk about it now" and I totally understood. I'm sure everyone in your life understands. I'll be keeping every appendage crossed that you get good news. I've seen that CableFlex infomercial. You'll have to let me know how you like it. Hey, I'm for anything that gets people exercising - one person's gadget is another person's key to fitness.

Carla - Hang in there. You know that "sorry for myself" eating isn't going to get that sneak peek lower. How's about concentrating on getting in a lot of water with some lemon juice - it's good for you and it will help the water retention. Super duper on your pants feeling baggy - that's a much better indicator of how you are doing than that ol' scale. I like your attitude - concentrating on all the other positive things in your life. In the meantime, here are some {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}!
Old 04-09-2002, 01:55 PM   #10  
Angie-del

Happy Think Thin Tuesday!

Judy- hope the bronchitis hasn't found your poor lungs yet. I usually get it and for some reason, knock on wood, it hasn't found me this year. My allergies will be kicking to high gear shortly though with spring finally here. Hard to remember the snowstorm we had a week ago...it's all melted now. Are you staying off of your scale?

Michele- glad to hear your surgery went well. Having your appetite curbed sure would of been a silver lining, huh? Haven't seen nor heard about the CableFlex. Keep us posted on your successes. I'm sending all the positive vibes I can your way. I'm sure everyone understands why you had a 'bad hair day' yesterday (that's what my kids and hubby call them when I get crabby). The stress we're under has to come out in some way, fashion or form.

Carla- you made it through the party with success on your portion size...woohoo for you!! Glad to hear you're back on track on the food and keep guzzling the water. I'm beginning to think the more water we drink, the less we retain. I've gone through 2 weigh ins with PMS and have successfully lost weight on both. I'm beginning to drown myself in all the water I'm drinking.

Pat- Congrats on your loss! A loss is still wonderful regardless of the size. You're going to give Judy a run for her money for the exercise queen title (we'll just have to have two of you!)

I got my reward last night on the scale. I dropped 3.4# over two wks. I'm just shy of 20#...should achieve it without a doubt next Monday. Off to guzzle more water.
Angie

Last edited by Angie-del; 04-09-2002 at 04:48 PM.

Old 04-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everybody

Sorry I've been MIA, but things have been a bit frantic both at home and at work for the last couple of days. I only have about eight seconds...so yay to the losers, hang in there Michele, and I'll be back tomorrow.

Karen B
Old 04-10-2002, 12:00 AM   #12  

Judy - Glad to hear you were able to get in some exercise. I'm trying to concentrate on how my clothes fit instead of the number on the scale. I lost the weight before, but still wasn't happy with how my clothes fit. This time I want to be firm and feel comfortable wearing sleeveless tops, etc.

Michele - {{{HUGS}}} I'm sure Steve and Bobby understand that you are worried and hurting. Hey, come here to vent anytime. I understand not wanting to talk to everyone right now. I haven't seen the CableFlex yet. Let us know how you like it.

Carla - Sorry you're having a bad day. Keep concentrating on the positive...like those baggy pants. You know tight rings mean that you're retaining water so don't let the sneak peek get you down.

Angie - Way to go on the great loss. You'll hit that 20 lbs next week.

Karen B - Hope things slow down for you soon.

I had another good day. I went for a walk/jog this morning. Sure is nice to have it out of the way before the hassles of the day get in the way. The mini meals seem to be working too. I was thinking about getting a snack when I realized that it was time for another meal.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 04-10-2002, 08:23 AM   #13  

Talking

Good Morning, results are in and NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!What a relief, but I kind of feel guilty about all the women who did not get good news. Thank you all so much for your support during this emotional roller coaster I have been on. I have stepped off and rededicated myself to lose these last few pounds and firm up what is left. I will start working out again slowly to see how I do, stiches come out next Tues, so should be all set then. I have been doing a little walking, but nothing like I used to do.

Pat-sounds like you are doing great. Exercise, sticking to plan....can't wait to join you.

Karen-hope you are able to catch your breath today.

Angie-Congrats on the loss, you will make 20 no problem. You are doing great.

Judy-thanks for the "talk", Steve and Bobby were great last night. I finally told Bobby the whole truth about what I was going through. I did not want to worry him unless there was something wrong, so I just told him the dr. had to fix a booboo that I had. He was great and we had a wonderful talk.

Carla-I am with the rest of the girls, NO MORE sneak peaks, they are Tight rings only mean retaining water, baggy pants? now they are a great sign. How about you and me too take our scales and put them away and only dust them off once a week.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:37 AM   #14  

Michele - THANK GOODNESS!!!!! My heart just took a little leap for joy at your news! Take your time getting back to exercise - you had surgery after all. I know you'll be back to your exercisin', sweatin' self soon enough! Phew, I just can't tell you how happy and relieved I am.

Angie - WOW!! What a great loss. I'm sure that wonderful result helped the disappointment from not being able to weigh in last week. I know you'll get to the 20# off by Monday - you are doing so well. I have stayed off the scale and hope to see a good result on Saturday - it does make me more vigilant. Thankfully I dodged the bronchitis bullet and feel fine today which is good because I am itching to do some cardio and plan to tomorrow morning.

Karen B - Soory to hear things are so hectic - but it was good to hear from you even if it was only for 8 seconds!

Pat - Whoa - you are doing great with the exercising - hey, I would be happy to be co-queen with you! After reading what you wrote about the mini-meals, I've been trying to spread out what I eat throughout the day a bit more - my breakfast and lunch have become 4 mini meals - it has kept me more satisfied during the day and I've been able to keep the snacking down at night (even though my dinner is pretty much still a standard size. I'm with you on wanting those firm muscles and have been thinking about sleeveless shirts too.

Karen C - how are you doing??

I had a good day yesterday - another day off the scale and another evening with very controlled snacking. didn't walk from the station today as planned. Last evening this guy body-checked me in Grand Central at the subway turnstiles and rammed right into my bad shoulder (and didn't even stop to apologize!) It's still a bit sore and I didn't want to carry stuff any more today than I need to. I'm looking forward to exercising for the next few days though (as I won't be in the office any more this week).

Have a great Water Logged Wednesday!
Judy
Old 04-10-2002, 01:34 PM   #15  

Hi everyone.

Angie - WooHoo on a great loss. I know you'll make the 20 lbs mark on Monday for sure. You're absolutely right - the more water we drink, the less we do retain. I know there's some medical reason for that, but I can't remember.

Karen B - Hope things calm down for you soon. Hang in there. Soon you'll be spending warm summer evenings relaxing in your beautifully landscaped yard.

Pat - You're on a roll, girlfriend! Good for you! Sounds like mini meals are just what you needed. Would you mind sharing what makes up one of your mini meals?

Michele - I am so happy and relieved for you. I literally held my breath when I saw your post and let it out in a happy sigh when I saw your good news. I know you're anxious to get back to exercise, but like Judy said, take it easy at first. Ok - I'll join you and put my scale away.

Judy - Ouch. Sorry to hear your shoulder got rammed into. I guess the extra consideration towards one's fellow human beings that was rampant after 9/11 has gone away. Hope it feels better soon. Yay for you for having a great day!

We finally have sun! That's gone a long way towards improving my mood. My trip to the scale, on the other hand, has done nothing to improve my mood. It showed me up by 4 pounds. I'm still retaining water and extra input has not led to extra output, if you know what I mean. I almost feel like its right before TOM, but it's a couple of weeks too early for that. Oh well. I'll keep downing the water and I'll see what the scale says next week.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
269.6/266.8 /243 - Ist 10%/140
Closed Thread