Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default Sept 1-7 No Alcohol Please week two

Well I must say I am pround of us, those that made the entire seven days alcohol free and to those who had a minor blip but fessed up.

This is week two for us chickies and I know it will be bigger and better.

I am still going to hold on to my goal of no alcohol until halloween but please don't any of you feel obligated to do the same. That is just an arbortary date I chose considering I think I was the wine queen for ever! It will always be the same in my house an open wine bottle is an empty wine bottle, so I really do have to cut it out completly. I hope to find that balance by halloween and if not well I will extend my date out further.

Let me know how all are doing!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yes! Congratulations to those who made it the whole week!!! WTG!!!

Like I said on the last thread, I'm simply going to abstain during the work week. Of course, that will not mean an out and out binge on the weekends! I rarely drink enough to be drunk anyway, but I sure won't be polishing off a bottle a night of wine on the weekends, either! I'll abstain M-F and allow myself 1-2 cocktails or 1-2 glasses of wine on S&S (with Friday night in the air).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #3  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Im in for this goal. I would like to cut out all alcohol until New Year's Eve. I'm young and love to have fun with or without drinking. I'm doing this to avoid the empty calories that come from alcohol. Im also going to include SODA in my goal. Lets do this ladies!

Last edited by Tamara; 09-02-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hello! I lose weight slower than I could because of Alcohol. I am a big social drinker and I live in a very social town. Every social event is based around drinking. My calories are nearly always on target expect for the days I drink which can be 4 days a week some weeks. I eat more before going to a bar because I don't want to get too drunk. I have given up smoking and if I drink I will smoke, I have no will power when I drink and I think about cigarettes continually.

I intend to not drink for one month to drop some more weight and to give -Giving up- a chance.

Tonight is my first challenge; Tuesdays are a big drinking and smoking day as lots of people get together to play poker. Not tonight! I play differently when I am not drinking. I actually play worse! Oh well, at least if I go out early I can get up early and exercise.
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 246/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Am new and this thread caught my eye . . .

Hey all. And to think that I was the only one trying to balance alcohol with food. It is a battle and I like the idea of Sept 1-7 abstinance. I believe I'll set this as my goal too and will try to sail through those many social activities that always include alcohol.

Thanks to those of you addressing this problem.\\\
Babs119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/173/155

Height: 5'6"

i'm one of the ones that slipped up. I've decided my brilliant idea of 3 drinks a week wasn't so brilliant. Who was i kidding on a 3 day weekend!! The only way to do it is to quit entirely for a set period. We are going on a trip October 25th....NO ALCOHOL for me until then.

Ugh....guys, i'm going to need some support.
jmm33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #7  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

Red face Can I join you?

I'm going to join you in week 2 if that's ok?

Week one (when I didn't know about this thread) was meant to be my first week sans alcohol but I slipped up bigtime on Friday Night.

I'd love to join you ladies in week 2. I'd like to go on to Halloween too, but I love the idea of one week at a time!

I am a big social drinker and a lot of my social revolves around drinking in the pub and eating out at restaurants.

Alcohol not only sabotages my diet but plays havoc with my cravings.

Thanks

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #8  

Default New too

And I have a real penchant for my cocktails. I need to get on this challenge in a big way and know it's going to be a HUGE challenge for me to make it until Halloween without having any alchohol. UGH! I might have to modify and/or wean myself gradually for this challenge.
laurels4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I am so glad you are all here and we will be supporting one another....and it will always be one week at a time! that is the only way I can do this with mini goals and a long term one as with my dieting. I am so excited we can do this if we just think in terms as one day at a time and celebrate each day
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #10  

Alcohol Free since Saturday. Ate well and exercised past two days. How's everyone doing?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

One week at a time? I need one day at a time!

Yesterday I was so good, until all heck broke loose when I got home from the gym. I hadn't looked at my son's Karate schedule correctly and realized I'd sent him to the wrong class (no big deal--he stayed and practiced his kata). So DH picked him up and brought him home for a quick supper and then had to take him back to his regular class as it is testing week. I had 10 minutes to get dinner on the table (and remember--I just got home from the gym and hadn't showered yet). I threw on a pot of "homemade" soup (dry mix) and made several pinwheel sandwiches (lite cream cheese with turkey on ww flatout bread). It is a fairly low calorie dinner for all of us. Anyway, it was too early for DH and me to eat, so DS ate, DH took him back to Karate and I stayed home to shower. I was frazzled! I broke down and had not one but two cocktails. Ugh. At least I didn't open a bottle of wine!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #12  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I only drink when I go out or party... The last time I drank was Sunday evening at this outdoor restaurant which is a hip spot in NYC... two mango margaritas... Again, Im not going to drink soda or alcohol until NYE. Stay motivated everyone!
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #13  

I got through last night with no Alcohol (or cigarettes). I was watching the clock though and I really wanted to go out of the card game so I could go home and get away from the delicious smoke all round me. I was also exhausted as quitting smoking messed with my sleep. What I did find though was I wasn't that bothered about not drinking. The next test will be the weekend! I am sure I can do it! Good luck everyone!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #14  

I have just had a thought. I think it may not have bothered me last night because nobody gave me **** about it, "have a drink" "what's wrong with you?!" "You pregnant?" "Just one Beer!" "I'll get you one" "Do it". When I first arrived I said that I couln't drink as I was giving up smoking, and so no one said a word all night.

lol - 29 and still getting peer pressure!

Last edited by dubh; 09-03-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #15  

allinell - today is a new day! hope it's less hectic.
Tamara- mmmmm. mango margaritas.
dubh - nice job!
nancy - thanks for starting this!!!