Old 08-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Going away for the weekend...nervous

Hello everyone, I have not posted a whole lot here. I did however post an intro on the flex plan board if anyone is interested.
I have been following ww for just about two weeks now, and am down almost 9 pounds. I am fitting into my size 12's now, although a bit snug, and have about 15-20 pounds or so to go.
On a whim I booked a weekend at a lodge in the area for Dh and I. All meals will be provided. I am so nervous about over-eating while away and could really use some helpful tips.
We are bringing a cooler with fresh fruit, lots of bottled water , 100 calorie cookies, and luna bars.
I plan on eating a small amount of everything versus more of less appetizing foods, ya know just kinda little tastes of everything. I have all my points in the bank still for the week with the exception of 1.
Any tips?
Thanks
Amy
HisBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #2  
carinna

You know what's funny, when I first joined weight watchers it was just before all the holidays (halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas) and I was so afraid I'd overdo it. But you know what I found? Since I had started to train myself portion control, I didn't stuff my face and I didn't have to overthink it. I think you'll find that now that you are training your brain how to eat properly, you will do much better than you anticipate. Good luck, and HAVE FUN!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Carinna! Portion control is key. Also, you may have a choice between a few meals when you sit down to eat. Try to chose the healthiest one listed. Bringing snacks is a good idea, but you may want to re-think those 100 cal packs and luna bars if you are worried about what the meals might be like. The fruit is a great idea though! Personally, I would add something like baby carrots, some PB (they make individual packs now), and maybe some cheese.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Well it went pretty well. I overate a bit the last night there, the banana pudding was AMAZING, and felt uncomfortable. But I kept up with my water, ate cherries when I was hungry between meals, and allowed myself 5 peanut m and m's the whole time (there was always a bowl out in the main living area of the inn) Also I ate only half of what was on my plate. Meals were served family style. The food was really salty but the water helped.
I actually maintained my weight loss, so I am pumped. Friday is my weigh in day so I didnt really expect to see a loss this morning.
I think I am finally getting it!
HisBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote