General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 07:08 PM   #1  

Angry Doin it the Old fashioned Way #7

Hi All....
I thought we were getting a little long on the last thread I decided to start a new one..

How is everyone today?

Ill be back..have to run to the store....

Nancy
Old 03-27-2002, 10:46 PM   #2  

Default Where is everybody????

Hello....

Is everyone hiding on me??

Holly~~~ how did the weigh in go?? I hope it was a good one for you!!

Kanola~~~ I moved from Illinois to Northern BC In a town called Kitimat. I feel so far away from home!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you feel the same. Do you think you will move back to Canada?

Melisa~~~ glad all went well with the doctors visit.

Pamela~~~ Hope your snow melts away fast and you are able to get out more. Our snow is melting lots, as it is RAINING!!!! oh well I guess its better then snow..

Christine, Sprite, Jacklyn, Kellyanne,Tryin Hard~~~ I hope your day has gone well.
Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Keep smiling ladies.....
See ya later...

Nancy
Old 03-28-2002, 08:28 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone! I just couldn't bring myself to post yesterday because I was up 2 pounds!! I guess it was water weight (most likely due to my binge on mexican food) but I'm back down to where I was. I think that is what is so frustrating about weighing everyday because my weight can fluctuate like crazy!

Malisa, thanks for the info from the doctor. That's quite an eye opener for me about the calcium. I am not much of a milk drinker, and considering I am only 5'3'' I can't afford to shrink much! Guess I'll start taking those supplements. I try to take vitamins on a daily basis but I have to admit that I'm not very consistent.

Well, I've got to get to work! Talk to everyone later and have a good day!

183/145/135 first goal
Old 03-28-2002, 09:18 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning all!

I didn't post yesterday as I was feeling pretty discouraged, at the scale still showing NO loss; I am the same weight as I was TWO weeks ago. I know my problem is feeling so hungry for the evening meal, even with my allotted snacks during the day. It's so hard for me to stop eating at the one dinner portion, as I still feel hungry at the time. I know of the "20 minute delay" that our brains don't get the signal that we've eaten until 20 minutes after the food's in the tummy. I just have to work on this somehow.

However, I shall keep at this , as it is long-term and I guess I am just a slow loser! I do feel increased strength in my arms, and abs from the exercising. Hoo-ray for that. And just experiencing the looseness in the jeans will keep me going.

Thanks for starting the new thread, Nancy! Boy, we sure do fill up quickly. And check out the number of views! What a popular bunch we are! (hee hee)

Thanks for sharing the info from the doctor, Melisa! She sounds like a wonderful doctor. That is kinda scary about shrinking, isn't it. What a drag to have to schedule taking vitamins, so they don't interfere with other stuff. I know I've read that caffeine also inhibits iron absorption. I've started taking a multi-vitamin, with iron. I love skim milk and fat-free yogurt, so I guess I don't have a problem with enough calcium. Oh yeah - weight-bearing exercise, even walking, builds bone density - which we all need to think about for the future (so we're not fragile, little old ladies! )

Pamela - glad to hear you're feeling much better, I laughed out loud at your description of your son's morning state of un-clothed-ness!

Hello also to Christine, Sprite (did you get a new swimsuit?), KellyAnne, Jacklyn (count-down to Cancun!), and Kanola! Hope you are all smiling and having a great day!

Alright, one last "poor me" rant - I also need to work on/accept that my husband is not in a "losing" mode - while he eats healthy foods (meaning we just don't have any junk food in the house) he has really too large portions, and eats throughout the day; which is making it more difficult for me to try to NOT think about food all the time! Okay, there is my whining/self-pity for the week. I just have to overcome it
somehow.

Thanks for listening, ladies !(well, you really had no choice - my captive audience! )ha ha

Your SLOWLY LOSING friend, Holly
176/168 STILL!)160 1st mini goal
Old 03-28-2002, 09:33 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

OOps! Forgot to say hello to tryin'hard! I'm sorry, tryin'hard - didn't mean to exclude you

Also, for those who are doing toning exercises - under the "Exercise" forum, check out on page two, "Ab Support Group", the post from Step. She has wonderful, detailed instructions on specific exercises like crunches, which I am going to try today after I get warmed up.

Bye again! Holly
Old 03-28-2002, 11:49 AM   #6  

Hi all-- Holly, I knew you didn't forget me! Have you tried drinking something before you sit down to dinner? I KNOW it SHOULD be water, but I often have a big glass of diet soda while I'm cooking dinner. That seems to help with the "starving" feeling. I also munch on carrots while I'm cooking. It keeps me from "tasting." I can do a lot of damage while I'm trying to get dinner on the table! If I'm really hungry when I get home, I often make a cup of boullion. I know it's salty, but it does the trick for me.
OK, I need help on this one--my dh wants Easter dinner in the afternoon! I am really afraid of over eating in the afternoon and then I know I'm just going to want something again at dinner time. In the past, I've tried to just "swap" the meals, but my usual lunch at dinner time just doesn't cut it. Any ideas??
Well, have a great day everyone!
Old 03-28-2002, 04:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone...

Just wanted to get on notification for this thread.. I lost my phone dialtone for 24 hrs so I haven't been able to check up on stuff so I'm just catching up with email and whatnot now... fun fun fun..

Hope everyone is doing well.. I'm being a pig-o today

Back later...

Christine
195/149/130 (time to admit to the 149 again.. I can't ever seen to keep a loss more than a couple days it seems.. not until I've lost the same pound about 4 times )
Old 03-28-2002, 06:12 PM   #8  

Hi Ladies!

I have been pigging out today! My son has the flu and I had to cancel all my plans for the day. Soooo I was stuck in the house all day ended up making peanut butter fudge and eating Bugles HELP!

Well I'll just have to straighten myself out now and go on. It seems like 2 steps forward, one step back. I feel like you Christine, in order to keep off a pound I have to lose it about 4 or 5 times! Very frustrating!

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!
Old 03-28-2002, 06:50 PM   #9  

Hi guys,
Hang in there guys! You've come so far, don't be discouraged by a little set back. A few/lot of bugles or a pig out day isn't going to kill you. Just get back on track. The warm weather is going to be here soon and we'll all get a chance to get out and do more physical things. I too can't wait to go bike riding (OMG did I just say that?) I want to see if I can bike the path without passing out on the ground like I did last year. I agree with whoever said body type/shape has a lot ot do with measurements. When I reach 150 I'll probably make a visit with my Dr and see what she has to say. Well I'm off to step class. I'm raising my step tonight. I think I'm ready. I hope I'm ready.
ttyl,
Melisa
Old 03-28-2002, 11:00 PM   #10  

Angry

Hello everybody.......

Boy oh boy there must be something in the air, as I feel like I could just go on a huge old binge!!!!!

When I was at the store today, I swear I was being followed by little chocalate bunnies !!!!! Talk about scary !!! WOO

Today has been such a struggle, but so far I have made it through.

Well ladies,,, we all seem to be feeling the same way,,
We can get through this , we will be strong

See everyone tomorrow.....
Keep smiling!!!

Nancy
Old 03-29-2002, 10:42 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Hi everybody! (like Dr. Nick says)

Good morning! Hope everyone is smilin' and on track.

Nancy - I know what you mean about those bunnies following you...they're everywhere! And their li'l candy eyes follow you...well, they're not going to get me (I hope). Here's to a strong day to us!

Jacklyn - I don't think I could bear weighing myself everyday, what with those crazy water weight fluctuations. Hope you're doing well.

tryin' hard - thanks for the suggestion on trying to curb my hungries before dinner. First, I had even more water (we're all floating, aren't we) and I did try a can of diet Pepsi, and then munched on carrots. It helped! Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest for your evening Easter meal - can you have something unusual, like maybe what one would have for breakfast; some cereal, or toast, and fruit/yogurt?

Sprite - sorry to hear your son has the flu! Maybe that's what you were fighting off the other day. If you have any p.b. fudge left...throw it out!

As far as feeling two steps ahead, one back; well, you're still one step ahead! You've done SO well - wasn't it like 33 pounds in six months?! That's incredible (and I'm limping along at measly 8 pounds in two months). So, pat yourself for doing so well, and keep on doing it!

Melisa - Yes, I'm so looking forward to warmer, dry weather outside. I have to get re-coordinated to ride my bike. Is your bike path long? Have hills?

To everyone else, have a great day! I'm psyched because even though my husband isn't trying to lose with me, he's always been very supportive, and he bought and assembled a stepper! It kinda dominates our teeny living room - and I have to be careful that the ceiling fan isn't on, or I'll decapitate myself (or at least get my hair tangled in the fan - ow) but it's a great change from my now-boring aerobic tape. I put on some techno-dance music and really got sweaty for 25 minutes.

And this afternoon I'm going to donate blood (I try to every two months); hey, shouldn't I weigh a pound less after donating a pint of blood?

LET'S ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Slow-losin' Holly
Old 03-29-2002, 01:58 PM   #12  

Angry Good Friday Morning!!!

Hello all.....

Its snowing here....do you believe it.... ?? I am about to go over edge with this weather. I do believe this is a true test of my sanity. I know spring has be somewhere,,,,but it certainly isnt here.

Holly~~~~ That is good that you have a stepper to help you.. but do be careful with that ceiling fan,,you sure dont want to get your hair caught in that. You would be spinning around like a Las Vegas show girl

I have decided that I am not going to weigh myself every week. I think I will do it on the 15th of the month every month. I agree with Holly,, those flucuations with water really can get to ya. My hubby got on the scale today and it shows he is up 2 pounds... Now he is bummed...But I told him that is more then likely the water thing.

I do hope we all make it through this weekend and the chocalate bunnies dont continue to stalk us!!!!!!!

Well I am off to finish laundry and then to Subway for lunch...
see everyone later.....

Have a great day!!!

Nancy
Old 03-29-2002, 02:09 PM   #13  

Default drinks with meals

Hi, everyone!

I read everything I can get my hands on about dieting and I read something recently that I have never heard of before. In part:

"Undiluted solid foods will be more completely and more rapidly digested. The stomach no longer feels heavy but retails its vitality and elasticity thereby increasing the effectiveness of gastric juices. If you drink water while you eat, those juices are diluted and their effectiveness diminished.

Water absorbed alone without solid foods retains all of it's qualities. It drains the body cells easily, particularly the kidney cells where wastes accumulates.

The proper way to benefit from water is to drink regularly throughout the day, then stop an hour before meals."

Personally, I have always had a lot to drink WITH my meals. I did try this for a couple days and found that I got fuller quicker when I did eat my meals. Just an idea!

Carolyn
Old 03-30-2002, 12:35 AM   #14  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Wink Hey Everyone!

Sorry for not being online sooner! We are a day ahead here in Aus so I am over the 'Good Friday' part of the weekend and all is going well. Everything was closed here on Friday, even Safeway !! I went to the gym after work on Thursday, did an hour of cardio and some weight work and was bored yesterday! The gym was also closed!! So I dug out my Yoga Dvd's and did them all.... 2 hours of stretching felt great! Today I did a weight lifting class and some cardio and I am going to kill those damn chocolate bunnies and smash those chocolate eggs!

I think I offended one of the directors at work who was handing out 1 Kilo (2.2 pounds) chocolate eggs at work for all the staff. I said NO! I don't want one!! I could see it now, me in the weakened state caught with chocolate all over my face.... desperately trying to finish the whole kilo of chocolate.... That was a strong move eh? I felt bad for a bit afterwards, because he made a big deal out of it... but that is not my problem.... anyways.

How is everyone doing? I have a bbq tomorrow and have decided to take along some lamb burgers and chicken for meat and a huge green salad. I might even sneak in a vodka drink or two... see how I feel because Monday is my hubby's nephew's b-day so there will be cake.... yum. Must keep focused!

Well I am off, my reward this week for working so hard is that I am FINALLY going to see the Lord of the Rings... a bit late I know, but I want to see it at the theatre before it closes and that is coming soon since they don't start showing it until 9 pm now! Good thing daylight savings ends tonight? North America begins theirs soon right?

Nancy... wow that is a HUGE step for you! The snow will end eventually I am sure... my mom was cursing the winter when I spoke to her today! Hang in there..... it will go away soon and when you are having those long, sunshine until midnight summer days those cold windy days will be a distant memory!

Take care everyone, get back on track after the binges and keep focused!! We will all reach our goals!!!

Nola.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:19 AM   #15  
Biker Chick!

Good Morning everyone!

Happy Saturday! Kanola, hooray to you for refusing the huge chocolate egg. That took alot of willpower. And what a work-out you did!

As I have identified that I tend to "slip up" on weekends (the change of routine?) I shall do my best to stay on track eating-wise. We went out to dinner last night for the 1st time in 6 weeks; and I had a huge green salad with grilled chicken breast, half a small roll, veggies and (I counted!) 8 french fries. And no dessert! 'Cause at home we had sugar-free pudding made with skim milk, and a little fat-free Cool Whip.

I had a little drama at the blood donation - even though I was full of water (two liters) and had eaten lightly two hours before, I still got light-headed and had to be trundled off behind a curtain to "recover". How embarrassing! But giving blood has it's advantages (of course, beside the philanthripic aspect), as you get your blood pressure taken and recorded (I was 122/80: okay, I think) and my iron count is good - probably thanks to the multi-vitamin with iron that I take.

Since I have this stepper parked in my living room I should take full advantage of it - now an exercise question - should I step up (haha) my cardio to every day to accelerate the weight loss? How many minutes do you all for a cardio session?

That's it for now - also going to take my dog for her rabies shot this afternoon - she is an Alaskan husky, and the furriest creature in existence - the car's going to be a mess. Oh well

HAVE A GREAT DAY, EVERYONE!!!

Holly
176/167 I think/160 1st mini goal
Closed Thread