Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Default looking for a place to fit in!

Hi all, looking for a place on the boards to fit in - Im now and have posted on calorie conuters a bit and the 100 club - and both are awesome boards - was wondering if this is the place for me -

I am an emotional binge eater I guess you would say..can do great counting calories, and controlling portion size until something upsets me or I get stressed out then WHAMO its like I just can not stop eating! Then when Im so full I feel like Im gonna explode, I about beat myself up for being so weak....

Is there anyone here like me????
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:54 AM   #2  
To thine ownself be true

S/C/G: 143/129/120

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hey Mom! (may I call you mom?)

I think we may have a lot in common. I do WW and I am often times successful in my weight loss attempts, and then for no apparent reason I become a maniac. Stress is always a contributing factor in my binging. I have come to realize I am a binge eater/COE. Maybe not 24/7 but once I start eating, look out! There is NO stopping me.

And OMG! I have such regret and remorse. The shame I feel is incredible. And you know what? I do this in secret.
No one knows and yet I cannot seem to look anyone in the eyes.

So yes,there are people just like you.

Best wishes,
Keep on keeping on!

Carla
caloriecountingcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Yuo, I binge in secret too, I am so ashamed of it - so I hide. Which makes me feel even worse
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #4  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

You sound exactly like me! 3FC is the only place I have shared that I binge eat. I think getting it out in the open has been my first step to overcome it. Check out the binge free challenge thread for day to day support! Good luck!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome, sister. You are among your people here! Come join us on the Binge Free Challenge thread!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/205/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Big emotional eater here! Just sending you some quick love. How courageous of you to speak out and look for support.
PleaseLuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/145

Height: 5'4

Hello! My name is Monica and I am hoping that I can join this board for some help. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and I had a little girl 13months ago and I have been "dieting" since she was 3 mths old and needless to say, I have gained more then I lost and it's because I just cannot stop eating and I don't know where to start!

I have tried WW, I joined LA (I stopped going) and I have tried sparkpeople! I don't know what else to do, I cannot not stop eating, I start out so well and by the end of the night...sigh.

I hope I have a found a place that might help gain some control...

Monica
mama2jmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #8  
wallstreet biker

S/C/G: 250/threw away the scale

Height: 5'11''

hey guys. i have been a binger for the past 30 years. hoping to finally get on the right path. day 2 binge free. thanks for listening. good luck to all.. matt
mattalec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #9  

Hello all, I think I fit in here as well.
I have had terrible binges during my life time. It seemed to really get bad in college when my parent's divorced and seemed to just stay as a bad habit. I have tried everything to stop it:every diet on the planet, Therapy, OA, etc. Nothing really helped. Then I started listening to Paul McKenna's hypnosis CD's and they helped stop my "big binges". Also, I just found out that I am gluten senstive and not eating that stuff has really made things better.
But, I still eat out of emotion all of the time. I am 38 and desperate to lose weight so I can try to have a baby but having real trouble making myself diet any more. The minute I start to keep a food journal or count points I eat uncontrollably. The more I think about my biological clock, the more desperate I feel, and the more I eat. Not sure how to deal with that one.
So, that is my story. Feeling kinda desperate, sad, and out of control. Nice to know that I am not alone.

Last edited by dollyfinn; 06-12-2008 at 11:31 AM.
dollyfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #10  

Default You are in a safe place

Hello all, I think I fit in here as well...

Hi Dolly, I watched Paul McKenna when he did his thing on TLC. I began my program the day of his first show. Never listened to the tapes - hope they help. I said this on another post somewhere, but the best and most difficult thing I do each day is to only eat when I am hungry (I am NOT always successful). I have sat with the cookies in my hand, crying over them. You are among friends who share your pain - and will share in your future successes! Be encouraged. Every binge ends with the opportunity to begin again.

Last edited by PleaseLuise; 06-12-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #11  

Luise, thank you for the support!!!!
You know what I find so odd. When I am actually hungry I won't allow myself to eat and then when I am not hungry I will over eat. How odd is that?

Anyway, your words were very wise and I find hope in them. Thank you!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #12  

It's only odd to those who don't understand the twisted relationship bingers have with food, and with our bodies.

Have you checked out the binge forumTyler suggested? I am going to visit today, see you there!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #13  

going over to that forum now. Thanks!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #14  
oea

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

I feel like I'm in the back of the room jumping up and down waving my hand yelling, "Me, me, me! That's just like me!" You're definitely NOT alone...
oea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #15  

Unhappy Looking for encouragement tonight.

Welcome oea.

Ladies, had a weekend that is actually making me look forward to Monday. I feel like everything is falling in on me and I ended up turning to food. It was much less than I would have normally binged, but I knew I was using the food and wasn't hungry.

Here's my list, will someone pick something and encourage me - that's what this site is for, right?

1. injury preventing me from exercising and the doctors are so overbooked, I won't be able to see him for a diagnosis - or to begin treatment for two weeks (this has been going on since may 11)

2. My part time job kept putting me on the schedule even thought I said I would not work again until I was better - now I am sure to be fired this week, because I didn't come in and when they called to say I was a no-show and I refused to come (3rd time this has happened in as many weeks)

3. Both of my kids are going on a vacation with grandparents tomorrow and I will be without them both for the first time since they were born (16 years)!

I know I am sobbing, but I could really use some friendly words!