South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Twitterings

Good morning!

All that chilly wind and rain sure made for a good night's sleep. Today is suppposed to be warm and sunny, so it will be a good day for drying out. I'll be spending the morning picking up branches and other debris in the yard, but the ground will be too wet for any gardening.
Yesterday was a bad day, food wise, for me. My meals were OP, but I caved to a piece of sticky lemon cake when the girls and I had our afternoon tea. It seems I'm slipping-up more and more, I really must re-double my efforts to stay on track!

Time for a second cup of coffee, who wants to join me?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good sunshine-y morning to all!

cottage-thx for the coffee!

am currently enjoying late breakfast on the patio-should be working on my translations but prefer to bask in the sun. germany has seen an amazing amount of sunshine the last weeks and temps in the 80s! woo-hoo!

p.s. cottage- sticky lemon cake is sheer temptation, you can just work that off w/ur yard work.

good morning to all who follow and lotsa smiles because today is a good day.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Today is definitely a good day so let's hang onto our smiles, Jandaman. It's nice to see you perky again. Sunshine is a good thing!

Cottage, forgive yourself the lemon cake! You have been pretty firm with yourself for a long time.

My asparagus patch is in full production right now. I guess it's in competition with the rhubarb. Donny worked for a couple of hours out there yesterday afternoon and there didn't seem to be very many black flies. I hope it stays that way although today's bug forecast is "high". No mosquitoes yet but they'll be along soon.

I plan to spend a couple of hours digging and potting today, have pet therapy at 5 and hope to get some Church Sale baking done tonight and stashed in the freezer.

How does your Tuesday look? Come and twitter with a
Old 05-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!

Cottage...the lemon cake is in the past now, so move on and forgettaboutit!
Picking up debris cancels it out anyway, right???

Janda, have fun in the sun today! Don't forget your sunscreen! No wrinkles for Janda!

Ruth, re, the mosquitos...I use some stuff called mosquito barrier (mosquitobarrier.com) that is fantastic stuff. If it works in SE LA, it will work anywhere. You spray every couple of weeks and no bugs! It takes me about 20 minutes to do the whole yard. It is made of VERY strong garlic but only "smells" for a few minutes. Also gets rid of fleas which is a bonus.

Me...well, the new camera came in yesterday and I've had a great time playing with it. Took a bunch of "test shots" from different distances and so far am very pleased with it.

We had a very nice weekend except for the fact I got stuck sitting next to my ex Mother in Law at my son's confirmation which was strange cause my ex was not there (he is working out of town right now)...so basically it was me and my "new" husband (of 16 years) and my ex husband's family. I got a really cute new dress, so I HAD to attach a picture. I had brought some really hot high heeled shoes that were my daughters that she left here, but I got half way across the parking lot and sent my husband back for my flip flops before I killed myself with those shoes of torture!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:46 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers

Cottage - There's nothing like a good night's sleep to set things right Thanks for the second cup. I do coffee.

Janda - Your patio sounds wonderful! What a nice way to start your day.

Ruth - Now you have asparagus too!! I am so jealous! I noticed yesterday that the farm stand down the road has some but didn't get any because it would have to sit in my car all day. Today though the asparagus festival begins. Yes, I love asparagus and can eat it at every meal as long as I can get my hands on it!
That reminds me - does anyone have any good methods for freezing asparagus? I would love to have some in winter but fear there is no good way to make that happen.
I attended a First Detector training last night for invasive plant problems. It was interesting though a bit overwhelming.

Cat - What a cute dress! Thanks for the mosquito tip. I'll definitely check it out. I hoped that when I changed my eating habits I would become less attractive to biting things but no luck.

Me - Just an office day today with lots and lots of paperwork to catch-up on. With any luck I'll be home in time for a bike ride tonight and then an asparagus dinner!

Yesterday my partner had a very positive interview for a PT web job. They're already calling references so it looks good and she really liked the organization. I'm glad she is landing on her feet so quickly.

Okay, off to get breakfast and think about the day.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:58 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cat, thanks for the skeeter info. I am organic so will have to check it out. Garlic smell doesn't bother me. I have 7000 garlic plants growing out there! By the way, if you ever decide to ditch #2, I'll take him.

Cyndi, I'd love to give you some asparagus. I love the stuff, raw or cooked. As to freezing it, it's never the same but is pretty tasty in December. I blanch, dry off and then freeze with my vacuum bagger. I sometimes cook the stuff, puree it, reduce the cooking liquid and freeze the lot for asparagus soup in winter. Yummy with a swirl of sour cream and red pepper puree. Glad your partner got a new position so quickly. I know you weren't worried but still.....

Just decided to pamper myself a bit with a hot bath before I get gardening so Hersh and I are moving upstairs with coffee and the New Yorker. Luxury! After two months of having to shower because I couldn't get the damned knee into the tub, I really adore my bath!

See y'all later.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-13-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning
another rushed day

already did 30 minutes on the arc trainer at the gym
now time to shower get ready for work
take the dogs to the beauty parlor
go to work
work work work
get the dogs from the dog beauty parlor
go home make dinner
etc
etc etc

tomorrow i see the ortho about the cyst in my leg that's making it 2 inches bigger than the other leg....

it's always something

love you all

oh new scale low 217.6 i've had 44 clean days and have lost 10.6 pounds in that period of time!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:11 AM   #8  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Well, it is kind of a big day for me...I am quitting my job! I, of course, have a new job lined up...starting in two weeks when my maternity leave is over...but still, kind nervous to go in and tell my boss I am not returning from leave.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning My Darling Chicks. The sun is shinning and it is going to be a beautiful day. I am in a good mood even though I am a little ticked off at DH but I am not going to let that ruin my eating.

Cottage- Good morning thanks for starting us up once again. Don't worry about that piece of cake. You are doing wonderful and you will work it off out in the yard.

jandaman- enjoy your coffee at your patio set. I am loving mine as well.

Ruth- enjoy your tub. I am a huge tub girl as well. Lots of bubble bath and bath bombs a good book or magazine and a drink, usually a diet rootbeer but a glass of wine is nice too.

Femme- your dress was beautiful, I laughed when I read about changing back into your flip flops. I am a huge flip flop girl. And I love looking at your pics. You take beautiful photos.

Cindi- Congrats to your partner great news. Enjoy your bike ride tonight.

Nessa- Hugs to you. Take care of that leg. And we all love you too. Congrats to you for 44 days of clean eating. You rock.

Natalie'smom- Good luck with talking to your boss. And congrats on the new job. Hope you have a great day.

Me- Not to much tuesdays are pretty quiet for me, the girls have no activities so I love the fact that I can just stay home. I do have to practice my dance routines the dance show is in two weeks and we only have 3 practices left. Its a good thing I look cute in my costume.I will post pics. lol... I really have nothing planned for today. I may go poke around in the yard and pretend to be a gardener. . Enjoy your day ladies. and a big HELLO to all the chicks to follow.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks,
looks like we should have a nice sunny day here. We'll open up the basement and try to dry it out. Maybe I can get some clothes on the line.
Then, like Nessa, work, work, work.
DD has piano after school. Then the school carnival is tonight - it got rained out on Friday. We'll go to that for a couple of hours, then DD has her dance pictures taken at 8:00. Wish it wasn't so late, hope she doesn't have much homework tonight. Yesterday was another clean day hooray! Exercise hasn't been great but I'll get caught up today.

janda, glad you are getting some good weather.
Cyndi, I stuff myself with asparagus too this time of year. Hooray for stinky pee! I bought a couple of lbs. at the Farmer's market on Saturday and we roasted and polished it off immediately. Then my mom brought us a bunch on Sunday from her garden. It's gone!
Nat'smom, good luck with the job quitting. Hope it's not too traumatic.
Ruth, what do you do with all that garlic? My DH would be in garlic heaven, there's never enough for him.
Cat, you look great, very cute dress AND shoes.
Have a good one cottage and Nessa, no more cake for you cottage! Oh, I love anything lemony.
Hi lc, staying home days are the best! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-13-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I am getting closer to vacation and I can't wait

Cottage slip ups are unfortunatly a part of life - you'll be back on track in no time

Jandaman sunshine skies how nice - enjoy!

Cat thanks for sharing the pics - I luv the dress as I am a huge poka dot fan

Cyndi good luck with your partners new job - sure hope she gets it

Enjoy your bath Ruth

Nessa look at you with those clean days and that scale just going down -

Natsmom

LC can't wait to see the pics

Hi Schmoodle - hope you enjoy your busy day

Today for me consist of work and then bowling after work to collect our team winnings and then I am off to the mall to finish up last minute shorts/bathing suit shopping for vacation.

Hello & good morning to those who follow
Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Got my workout and a little grocery shopping done, and am now enjoying a nice bowl of steelcut oats with a little apple, walnuts and golden raisins thrown in. I have Capri Chicken cooking in the oven right now, along with some roasted broccoli, and while I was at it, I threw a mixture of brussel sprouts, garlic, onions and pecans in there, too. The brussel sprouts will be my lunch today, and the chicken and broccoli will be tonight's supper.
Now that that's all taken care of, I'm going to change out of my workout clothes and take a mug of coffee outside to enjoy while I clean up the yard.

Janda, it's good that you are finally smiling again these days! I hope you enjoyed your late breakfast on the patio!

Ruth, enjoy your sunny day of gardening and baking!

Cat, I love your dress, and you look fabulous in it! I do sympathize with you on the heels. I hardly ever wear them and had to suffer through my nephew's graduation ceremony with them on Saturday. As soon as we got out of there, I ditched them and went barefoot for the dinner. At least my feet were under the table most of the time!

Cyndi, enjoy your asparagus dinner! Yum, yum!

Nessa, congratulations!

Natalie's Mom, good luck on your new job! My DIL just did the very same thing while she was on maternity leave. It must be a good opportunity to look around and see what else is out there. I hope you love your new job.

L.C., please do post some pictures of you in your dance costume! The girls have their big recital coming up and just got their costumes for it. So cute!!!! How is your DD doing?

Schmoodle, it's a good day to hang your laundry out, what with the nice breeze. I really miss that. Our homeowner's association won't let us do that anymore, despite strong protests from me. Wow, 8PM is rather late for pictures, especially for a school night!

Good morning, GONNA, I almost missed your post! I can't wait until I get to shop for vacation clothes! Enjoy!

Well, I'd better go get something productive done before I leave today!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-13-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #13  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning all. No time for personals today. Just wanted to let you guys know I broke my plateau. But I'm afraid it'll go back up. I'm down to 202 when I was stuck between 203 and 205.Leo signed us up at a new gym and we went yesterday. I'm gonna go again whether he wants to go or not. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Chicks! Shaping up to be a nice day here also, to bad I have to spend it chained to the desk.

Glad to see everyone is perky today!

Cat the dress is very cute, things like that just don't look right on my short body, even with heels which I wear daily just to make me taller!

Nessa your doing great! Hope things are ok with the leg.

TK congrats on the loss.

Me I won't bore you with the same ole details. Work is a pain, my eating is getting a bit off track. Nuff said! Time to put my head down and take this day by the horns!

Have a great one ladies!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Happy Tuesday Ladies!
Cottage - As stated above.....the cake is done, focus on the work you're doing today an how good you'll feel after you clear out all that debris. OK...just saw your post about Brussels Sprouts, that sounds so yummy! Enjoy your lunch!

Janda - I noticed your profile yesterday while going through them....you and I are the same age (by about 15 days). Glad to hear that you're feeling better. I hope the weather stays beautiful for you!

Ruth - So envious right now! I LOVE taking baths, however all we have at our apartment is this little rinky-dink one that barely fits my two weiner dogs. Enjoy your time in the bath....with all the running around, selling, baking, etc.. you've been doing, you've earned it!

Cat - What a darling picture. Looks like the day was beautiful. And I totally understand about the shoes. I love a good pair of heals, but I HATE walking in them! The flip flops worked just fine.

Cyndi - Have you ever grilled your asparagus? Takes on a whole new flavor, I highly recommend it. Glad to hear that your partner might have something in the pipes for a job....I know that's been a concern lately. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Nessa - Busy, busy, busy......Good to hear that you're still taking time for you. Keep it up!

Nat's Mom - How exciting that you're quiting your job. I really hope the new one is a good fit. Good luck today!

l/c - Ok.....I'm a little confused.....Do your daughters dance or do you dance? If it's you, I can't wait to hear more. That sounds like so much fun! I've always thought about taking a dance class as an adult, but never had the guts to do it......maybe you'll inspire me

Schmoodle - You go girl! Working so hard, and being a good mom! Keep it up!

Gonnabe - Have fun shopping. Getting ready for a hard earned vacation is so much fun! And congrats on your bowling team's win! That's great!

tk - Congrats on the loss! Have fun at the gym!

Stephanie - Sorry to hear that you have to spend your day at the office when it's so beautiful outside. Maybe you can get out in time for a walk in the evening. Just a thought.....

Me - Got to watch Survivor last night, not real happy with the outcome, but Amanda totally got killed by the jury, so I understand why she won. And apparently Amanda didn't feel too bad, since she found love.....TOO SWEET! Not much going on today, work's finally quieting down and my dh is slowly getting rid of his cough. Unfortunately my cables not working right, so I was unable to WATP this morning.....I'm going to try to get that in tonight. Have a fantastic day, Ladies!
ENJOY!
Closed Thread