Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:58 AM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Hold me accountable in May

Okay ladies,
I’m going to be honest with y’all, I’ve fallen off the wagon big time and I’m forcing myself to get back on by posting my goals here and holding myself accountable this month. I was doing so good? What happened… well, my mother died a month and half ago and when that happened I think I let myself go.
My mother had been in a coma for 32 months I was not upset when she died, I was happy that she wasn’t in anymore pain. I only feel guilt that I did not visit her in the hospital as often as I should have. Yet I know my mother and she would completely understand my reasons. I think it is this guilt that caused me to fall off.

I gained back all my weight. 20 pounds in a month and 3 weeks. I haven’t been this heavy since summer of 2003. I’ve slacked in my gym time… I still went almost everyday, but found myself hardly working hard at all. I ate whatever crap was set in front of me and didn’t care about calories. I’ve started to run out of clothes to wear because my new wardrobe wont fit me. Yet the strange thing is the few clothes I still have from the last time I was this size still look like tents on me. I guess the fat distributed differently.

I haven’t been taking very good care of myself as well. As some of you know about the little scare that had me going to see a doctor. I won’t go into nasty details but I’m sure y’all remember.

So here are my goals. Hold me accountable for this month. (May) And I promise myself not to set myself to fail, or feel like a failure if I miss a few goals. These are only to jump start me back where I need to be because I’m the kind of person that needs guidelines. Not all of these goals are for weight loss.

Weight goals:
Lose five pounds. (no real time limit for this, just a mini goal)
Calorie goal is around 1650 calories every day. No more than 1800 no less than 1400.
Nutrition goals.
NO FRENCH FRIES!! McDonalds are the bane of my existence; I could live off fries as they are my favorite food. The only fries I can have are my father’s sweet potatoes fries. I know once I cut myself off of these grease sticks, I’ll lose my craving for them.
Drink at least 60oz. of water every day.
No meals before bed over 300 calories.
No fog eating (eating while reading, watching TV, talking on the phone…ect..)
Take a multivitamin at least every other day.
Must have at lease two servings of fruit and veggies every day.
Limit red meat to 2-3 times a week.
I will watch carbs!
I will NOT make bad choices because those around me such and friends and family are making bad choices.
No more eating right out of the bag, carton, box..ect… I will give myself a serving and put the rest away.
No more buffet style restaurants, only places where I can box my meal and take it home.
Exercise goals.
I will try and go to the gym at least 15 times this month.
I will spend at least 30 minutes on cardio and 15 minutes on weights (To slowly increase )
I will attempt to run 1 minute on the treadmill at least once a week if not every time I go to the gym.
Personal Health goals.
I will brush my teeth, floss and use mouthwash twice a day!!
I will shower right after work instead of waiting until the last minute to run around and get ready.
If I wear make-up to work I MUST wash it off after work.
I will not pick at every little pimple and blackhead because no one will notice it until I make it turn into an angry red spot on my face! ( it’s a gross habit I have when I’m stressed, ya’ll should see the scars on my arms >_<)
Free Time goals
I will give myself a block of time to read or write at least every other day.
On days off I will spend only 1-2 hours on video games. (it’s like crack.. I can’t stop once I start lol)
I will NOT count my play time on the Wii as a light workout! LOL

Okay, so there are my goals for this month. It looks like a lot but most of this I do anyways and just need to remind myself to not slip up. I will continue to post my successes (and not so successful) If you also want to post goals feel free, we can all help each other keep on track.

p.s. LOL I read these to my best friend she said i sounded like those people yelling in boot camp. so I was very determined.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Sakai I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. You can do this. And getting back into a good routine may even help. You might even like to join a small challenge to help keep you on track in some areas (like the 100lb club monthly points challenge). Keep us updated. We're routing for you.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My deepest sympathy.
I think it is only natural that at a time like that, one abandons healthy habits and exercise regimen etc. since there are other priorities, so don't be too hard on yourself. You will lose it in no time.
If I can make a recommendation - I would suggest that you up the consumption of veggies/fruit, 2 servings per day is not quite enough. Otherwise, I love you goals. You will be a different woman a month from now!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #4  
Less is more.

Thank you Faerie, thanks Tomato
I know two servings sound like so little.. and it is! I only just relized this past 2 weeks that I hardly get 1 1/2 servings of fruit a day and I would be lucky to get a veggie at all. So I figure 2 of each a day would be a good start. No doubt with eating better I will eat far more than just two.. I hope.

I started the month early ^_^ no time better than now to get healthy again. I went to the gym, did my cardio and my weights. I've downed about a third of my water for today. (reaching my water goal is going to be easy as I drinks lots during work)
I relized I just ate 520 calories but it's my "Dinner" and I won't get to eat again for another 8 hours so I'm sure it's all good. Right now I'm waiting for my lunches to finish cooking so I can freeze them and get them ready for the week. ^_^ It's great to be positive.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Nice to see you around again, Sakai! Now you just know I am going to be watching you! You can do it!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #6  
Less is more.

Jay! *huggles*
Oh Yay, You're gonna be wathing me No just kidding. It's awsome to know someone here is gonna keep a eye on me. lol

It's the first day of may and I started off pretty good. I got home from work late, (about 8:30 in the morning) So I wasn't sure If I would be able to hit the gym. But I got up at 4 and went to the gym anyways. Even though I was sooo tired. Mondays always suck the energy right out of me. But I'm glad that I went to the gym no matter what.
I'm making dinner right now and getting a bit sleepy @_@ egads.
I'll be sure to head home on time tomorrow morning so that I can get enough sleep before having to head to the gym.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

WTG Sakai You're doing awesome!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #8  
Less is more.

My Tom came today and boy did I not want to go work out. But I did anway! I took it easy, did weights for half a hour and skipped the cardio because I felt so icky. But I'm glad I didn't stay home on my butt.

I cheated this morning and split a few sweets with my DF because we had a bake sale at work to raise money for a co-worker who lost his 3 year-old son. But I was about 600 calories under my minimum so It wasn't so bad. Other than that I've been very good with my food.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

You hang in there, you penguin you!

Jay
Old 05-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Sakai. I'm so sorry about your Mom. My deepest sympathies to you.

Good for you for thinking out your goals AHEAD of time. Wanting to lose weight is all fine and dandy, but you've gone ahead and thought it all out and how you're going to tackle it. That is a great step.

So far, so good!!!

And I can't help myself, I know you've heard it already, but please, pretty, pretty please with cauliflower, broccoli, grape tomatoes, string beans, spinach and asparagus on top - up thy veggies. You won't be sorry. It will help you tremendously.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #11  
Less is more.

Don't worry RockinRobin I've been eatting uber more veggies than I thought I would. and I've upped the fruit two. haha!

Today Is a off day. I had a large breakfast this morning before bed. A foot long subway sandwich that I know is not good for me. Saturday breakfast after work has been a year long tradition with my DF and best friend. It's two hours free time to catch up. I'm pretty sure the breakfast was about 6-700 calories. I'll look it up on My daily plate.

My best friend will be moving in soon so we'll have more time together and not have to have said breakfasts to catch up. Also we'll have each other as gym buddies as she's trying to lose around 25 pounds herself.

I also didn't go the the gym today mostly because the gym closest to me is closed on the weekends. And because I need a day to recover from my three straight days at the gym... something I haven't done in a long while.

I've started the feel the effects of changing my lifestyle again. I don't know if it's because of hitting the gym hard, or just my positive outlook... but I've been feeling far more alert than I have been in months. Most of the time I'm in this groggy, lull all night long at work.

I weighed myself. And I haven't really lost much. Not that it really matters, it's only been three days @_@ I thought about only weighing myself once a week but... pish, that would never happen. I can't go two days without stepping on the scale. LOL
Old 05-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Now sakai, you get you to that gym!

One of the great things about a lifestyle change is that you can plan to do things like go for breakfast with your friend. If it had been me, I would have had the six-inch sub instead of footlong. I have found they are just as satisfying. So, you can make small changes that benefit you and still participate.

Hang in there! It's been hardly any time at all! Don't slip up!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 05-04-2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

All right there, you wanted to be held accountable in May. So good for you for reporting ALL that there is to report, the good and the quite frankly, on the same vein as Jay, "could've made a tad bit better choice".

A smaller sandwich would have definitely been a better bet. Not sure if cooking some fabulous food at home would be an option, but it is something to think about. Yummy egg white omlettes with sauteed veggies, oatmeal with Sugar Free maple syrup. Stuff like that. So, yes enjoy your friends, but don't forget your goals. You don't have to sacrifice one for the other.

So glad to hear you've added in more veggies and fruits. They're our good friends to you know.

Also glad to hear you're feeling better. There's lots more great things ahead for you. Just stick with it. Stick it out. It will get easier and waaaaay more rewarding.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #14  
Less is more.

lol I was planning on getting a 6-inch at subway... but... get this... We go there so often in the morning that they already had my normal order half made by the time I walked in the door. (they saw us pull up and park!) So I was like... oh well. Next time I'll park out of sight and surprise them LOL.

I have to remember that changes don't happen right away. Baby steps means baby step changes We went to breakfast again, but ate better than I normally do. We're just gong to have to limit out breakfast mornings to 1 a week. ave money and save calories ^.^ I'm doing pretty good on water, I don't even worry about it anymore because it's all I drink even when we go out to eat.

I'm making dinner again tonight. Chicken Stir-fry. My favorite. A Ton of veggies. Tonight is my Friday. I'll be hitting the gym hard on my weekend (and the clutter in my room lol)

Oh I have a question. I was going to make a new thread but figured asking here wont hurt. I want to detox a little. I've been feeling kinda.. blah.. you know and heavy. I've been eating enough fiber and all that but it seems to not help like it use to. Any idea? Anything I should do or take to "clean out" a little?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 315/247/215

Height: 6'2"

You can do it!
zacharoni16 is offline   Reply With Quote