Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/234/195

Height: 5'6"

Default Food Head

Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. I am having such bad food head today. Yesterday was rough too. Yesterday I managed to stick to my food plan and my goal is to do that today too. But back to the food head, my office is located smack in the middle of center city. There is food everywhere - fast food, junk food, good food... I wonder what it would be like to just not have food be such a major part of my thinking. The tough part is that when I'm not being so good to myself (and that has been most of time - obvious to get me to 253 pounds) I have a very decadent routine that involves purchasing many "forbidden" items. Just walking by certain places can be a real trigger. I put a sticky note on my computer that reads "Let Her Out" (that's the real me inside this body). Hope everyone is doing well.
Laura Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

I love that "let her out" quote. How super. And unfortunately, I can definitely understand the temptation of walking by certain places where you used to buy "forbidden" food items.

Why not start new traditions of being good to yourself? Maybe things like buying bath/shower products or little things that make you feel good. I know it's easier said than done, but it's a step in the right direction.

Best of luck on the journey!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #3  
Cindy

S/C/G: 289/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Laura, I get that feeling when I go out to different shopping places. There always seems to be such yummy food around and no "good food" to choose from. What I try to do is either eat before I go out and bring my own lunch (dinner) to work with me so I am not tempted to eat the wrong things. I also ask myself "Do you really want that cheesesteak...fries...whatever, or do you want to get thinner". (Sometimes a voice screams back at me "I want the cheesesteak darn it!") But I so far have won the battle.
cinderpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
I have a very decadent routine that involves purchasing many "forbidden" items.
Oh yes, I did too. I ate all the time. Any time I felt the slightest urge I bought large quantities of food. Just really bad stuff. I'd eat fast food in the car on my way home and them make "dinner". Then later I might have
"second dinner". Followed by dessert. Ha. Just being in my car has been a trigger I've had to get over because I always ate so much junk in the car.

In my experience, there is just no easy way to break these bad habits. It is quite simply HARD. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, eventually there will be more good days than bad, but right at the beginning when you are just breaking from your "old" life, is it DOUBLE TOUGH. Hang in there.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote