Old 03-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #1  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default LC Chat: Lolitas Chattin' it up! March 24-30th!

I'm a few minutes early, but thought I'd start the new thread for the week. I just got back to campus from Spring Break last night...and I'm just exhausted. It's been an emotional and busy week! I'll update to a greater extent tomorrow, but I REALLY need to go finish a rough draft of this paper! It's due tomorrow Hope you ladies are having a fabulous day!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:38 AM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I AM having a fabulous day and I hope things settle down for you, Azure.

I am back into the thick of it all tomorrow.

Up at 5am, taking DD to school at 7am, then I am in class from 8-11am, in meetings from 11:15am-1:30pm, to tutoring 2-3pm then to another meeting from 3-4pm then to pick up DD at 4pm, next, home until 5:30pm then we leave for our volunteer tutoring job and finish at 7:30pm, getting home at 8pm.

I guess I will bring pecans and the leftover arugula, asparagus, broccoli, seitan mixture to hold me over until 4:30pm when I get home and can make a fresh salad and some tempeh.

It's only going to get busier until the end of May. Everyday will be a lot like this.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:27 AM   #3  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Quote:
Fay, how did you come to travel to Thailand? I want to go there someday myself and don't know how long someone who isn't a citizen is able to stay and work and so on. Anything you have to share would be of interest to me.
Hey there, SB!

I'm a primary (ie elementary) teacher, and I'm working in International Schools. I'm in my 2nd year here in Bangkok - before that I spent 3 years teaching in Cairo. I've signed on for a 3rd year in Bangkok, and then I'm thinking maybe Japan? We'll see.

As a non-teacher, one of the easiest ways to find work in interesting places is as a TEFL teacher - that does usually require that you get qualifications, but it's not a very long course & it's not usually horribly expensive.

I think the rules vary a lot from country to country about work permits and so forth.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Thanks! That sounds very exciting. I know there will be many more opportunities for me to travel and work when I am done with school and become a nurse!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:30 AM   #5  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Yes indeed! In fact my school is right next to a hospital, which employs plenty of Westerners, afaik! (And there's always the Peace Corps too, of course...)
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Hello Ladies!!! Glad to read your holiday weekend has been fun/exciting for you all! Mine was action packed...I worked 9 hours yesterday moving my DD21 in with me! The move was a success, but lots of work back here at home now (unpacking, etc.). She's happy and so is MAX (the dog!).

Did my workout on saturday...felt great! no WO sunday..but HEAVY LIFTING! I'm trying a new fat burner, Ergopharm AMP 2! I love this stuff. It doesn't give me the gitters, and when I do cardio after taking it (it's a pre-workout energy booster), I sweat like a pig! I love that feeling of pouring sweat!

Hope you all continue to stay motivated...miss chatting with ya!

Petra - thanks for remembering me!

BAB - Congrats on your 3 lb weight loss (I only wish that damn scale would move for me!) and also on realizing you are a beautiful woman WITH NEEDS BABE! Go for it (hot stud...I mean!)...and Go for it (on the acting tip)!!! I know you'll knock em dead (both)!

SIC - Thanks for the doggy tip! I'm going to Petsmart today to check that stuff out! Gotta get little Max a doggie house too! He was so cute yesterday...he's a mutt (beagle/chiwowa mix), but he's got the heart of a LION! While the movers were trying to move DD21's bedroom furniture, I left the house to go back to my house and get some tools...when I came back, the movers said the dog almost bit him when they tried to move the dresser! I was soooo proud of Max! Why? He was doing what he was supposed to...protect his master's sh*t! He's sooo loving and smart...and as you probably can tell, has definately grown on me! I had my DD21 put him out this morn, cuz I've got lots of work to do and can't watch him (or keep him from pee'ng on my carpet...big issue for me!). I looked out the window and saw him shivering so I decided to bring his spoiled a$$ in! Damn! Aren't dogs fur supposed to keep them warm?? Anyway, he's on a long leash in the kitchen so he can't reach the carpet. Best I can do for now...till I buy him that stuff from Petsmart!

Hello Azure, Monster, Aud, SoulB & all the others I've missed. I've read all of your wonderful posts...so interesting, I must say. Glad to see you all here too!

Okay...bout to enter into a really crazy day here (work)...so take care all! Joyce

Last edited by bambifox; 03-24-2008 at 09:01 AM.
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Joyce-some dogs don't have adequate fur to keep them warm. That's why they make those doggie coats and sweaters. My dogs would never need them but little dogs often do. The biting the movers thing isn't a good sign. It shows disrespect in the dog world. Among dogs there are only two positions-you are either leader or follower and you have to decide right away which one you are going to be. A dog who thinks it is okay to bite a human clearly thinks he is in charge. Since I have two large dogs my life would be a disaster if I let them run the house. They may get on my bed but they also get off when I tell them to. Maybe more info on dog behavior than you wanted but something to keep in mind.

I got to move my ticker today. WOOHOO! My patience has payed off. I'm trying to figure out how to take my leftover pizza to work for lunch. I'm not sure that is possible and I may have to eat in the cafeteria or go out. I prefer not to do that but sometimes it is unavoidable.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #8  
banned

Congrats Petra on your WL!!! Woo hoo! Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep up the good work!

Petra - I grew up with a German Shepherd (a.k.a. my BF) and we never even had to walk him on a leash! He was so well mannered and highly intelligent as well as obedient...however, if someone came into our house while nobody was home (they wouldn't even have to try to take something)..Grrrrrh...he would bite their ever-lovin a$$'s off! Max (while adorably cute)...is not as "trained" as Smokey was (he was a stray), but I think he is on the right track by telling the movers (in so many barks) to "BACK OFF!" He doesn't understand what "moving" is...all he knows is some strange dudes are approaching his master's stuff and trying to remove it...oh NOOOO HE DIDN'T, is what the dog was probably thinking and did his job, protect. When I came back to DD21's house, Max was just as loving to everybody as can be! Actually, given his behavior, I was shocked to hear what had happened...but proud as well. I told him to go outside (while movers where there) and he did...no problem, but stayed outside and sat by DD21's furniture watching it like a guard dog! I like a little "street" in my dog...not too fond of "punk" dogs! That's how my Smokey was...he would let a stranger walk through our house while we were home, but when we go...YOU GO! I really don't think that shows signs of abnormal aggression or "running the house"...he's sooo mild and seemingly thankful for every little thing he gets...that's why I love him so much! I wish you could see him...he's sooooo friggin cute! I can't believe I've fallin for him this much...I've always only loved German Shepherd's...but I guess he's changed me!

***EDIT*** BTW, when nobody's home Max IS in charge! Now, let's hope he doesn't pee on my carpet, cuz then I'll have to show him who's really in CHARGE!

Last edited by bambifox; 03-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Have any of you ever tried the cauliflower crust pizza?
You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower**
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

pizza or alfredo sauce
toppings
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.

**you can use frozen cauliflower prepared according to package directions. After cooked and slightly cooled, I shred cauliflower with a cheese grater, and then measure for the recipe. (Don't pack down the cup with cauliflower. Just fill it with a spoon or the cup itself.)

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #10  
banned

Cauliflower Pizza Crust...hmmmm??? sounds interesting...think I'll give that recipe a try...also sounds easy, so I'll let you all know how it comes out! I make alot of other faux things with cauliflower sooo...... thanks for the recipe! Joyce
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #11  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 03-24-2008 at 01:27 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #12  
Low Carb Lolita

That looks Awesome!

EDIT: I just checked my freezer and I've got some cauliflower handy! I know what I'm havin' for dinner!

Last edited by Azure; 03-24-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

That cauliflower pizza crust DOES look yummy. Even without the toppings I bet it would be tasty. I think I might try it for lunch today.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #14  
Low Carb Lolita

I'll bet that if you didn't cook the cauliflower crust to crispiness, that you could make some sort of roll-up in it...I wonder if it would hold up when cooled off to put lunch meat in? Hrm... I've got my crust in the oven!

UPDATE: Oh my delicious!!! That's awesome! The cauliflower crust tastes fantastic! I threw some seasoning into the egg/cauli mix (forgot to add cheese to the crust until it was part-baked, then I sprinkled a bit of Mozz and Parm on there) and it's awesome with some toppings! I'm so stoked I love pizza, and now I've got a high-fiber alternative with a crust! Woot! Thank you, THANK YOU JG!

Last edited by Azure; 03-24-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #15  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

JG that looks awesome! I love pizza, I'll be trying that for sure. Now what's the best way to clean the drool of my keyboard?
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote