Old 03-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Soulbliss-is your DH Vegan also?

Your thread may attract some people who are interested in doing LC as a vegetarian. I know there are some PP people who do that. I mentioned there was a recipe for homemade seitan on their board. You are proof that it is possible and for those who eat dairy (obviously not vegan), there are a lot more options available.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #92  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
Soulbliss-is your DH Vegan also?
Yes, he is. He's "athletic" and blessed with a great metabolism, in addition to being really tall, so he needs a ridiculous amount of calories everyday. He can literally eat ANYTHING he wants and LOTS of it. Oh, to be so lucky.

I AM proof that low carb can be done vegan-style. Vegetarian would be really easy, using all I eat plus eggs, cheese, cream, whey powders, commercial low carb products and so on.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #93  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Seriously, I'm impressed to death that you're low carbing it and keeping it Vegan. Mad props to you, Soulbliss!

It just struck me that I should come here and blow my own trumpet, as I'm in danger of forgetting this entirely:

On Friday I went to a cocktail party in a friend's house. They had A PROFESSIONAL BAR TENDER mixing the cocktails (and recommending mojitos - which I adore - and various sexy margueritas), and they had a mighty spread of yummy food. Said yummy food included poppadoms all the way from the Golden Temple of Amritsar in India, Hummus with carrot sticks, various wee pizza-type bites, sushi, individual meringues full of cream and fresh fruit, cylindrical loaves of fresh bread that had been hollowed out, sliced into sandwiches and said sandwiches returned in layer upon layer inside the crust of the loaf as a serving platter. And little mini quiches.

Many of these things were, as my host pointed out, reasonably low carb. Ish. If you squinted.

And I? Had (over the course of 4 or 5 hours) 2 vodka-and-sodas. 1 plain soda water. One chicken leg. 3 or 4 quail's eggs. A handful of mixed nuts.

I bloody ROCK.

Last edited by broadabroad; 03-30-2008 at 10:08 AM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #94  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

You DO bloody rock! Was the bartender cute?

Thanks for the support. I keep reminding myself that not feeling constantly as hungry as I did when i ate high carb is better than bean burritos and bowls of lentil soup. Also, being able to not worry about calories or fat grams as much feels great. I can have as much dressing on my salads as I like, plain steamed veggies aren't a must anymore (well, I used to season them, just not with much, if any, fat) and I can lose weight quickly without feeling obsessed with food.

Those are the main reasons I know low carb is a good choice for me.

Bambifox, I LOVE your new avatar, you are SMOKIN'!!! I think focusing on body fat percentage is SMART and you don't seem to need to be thinner, really. You look very fit, young and healthy.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #95  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Awwwh...thanks SoulB! I'm concentrating now on increasing some muscle mass and decreasing FAT! Which believe me...I still do have a bit of!!! (a.k.a. the notorious POUCH and yet some remnants of the old SADDLEBAG SYNDROME!!!) BTW, I read your post on your daily menu. I do think that it will benefits others who are not Vegans as well. I mean...who would know better how to "spice up" some veggies than a VEGAN!!! I think you should post some kick a$$ recipes on your thread! I've personally run out of creative ideas for my veggies and would totally be interested! One thing though...some of the ingredients I have no idea where to find??? If you could post where you buy some of the hard to come by stuff...I think that would be really helpful! I see no reason why I or anybody else can't add some delish Vegan recipes to their menu! Hang in there girl...you are inspirational in your determination! I know it's gotta be hard with a "Mesomorph" hubby! Damn his gifted a$$!!!

BAB - Way to go girl! It does feel good to exercise restraint...doesn't it?? You feel sooo much more in control of yourself! Good going!

Hey Petra, Nasus, SIC, Aud, Azure!!! It's friggin sleeting here in VA today! Can't believe it? It was 75 degrees the past two days! WTF? How's weather in PA Petra? It's always so damn cold there (at least that what I remember). Well, have a great Sunday all!
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #96  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

well bambi it was under 20 here this am, it probably snowed I am not sure. Right now it is a heat wave almost 34 degrees. LOL we may get as high as 50 this week I am stoked. short sleeves here I come. LOL Believe it or nto most of this winter well actually all of this winter I did not wear a coat. It was in the car if I needed it but i had a sweater or turtle neck on or a light fleece zip up but no coat. I have been running around lately with just my scrubs, (I hate driving with coats they bind my arms)
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote