Old 03-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/198/140

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Day 3 and I don't know if I can do it!

Day 3-

I am hungry, depressed, feeling like I could just "give up" and foget the whole thing. I am constantly thinking about food and how I can divide the lean and green, the condiments, the snacks... etc. anything to save myself from quiting today.

I am trying so hard not to give up.

-Jana
amazingplatinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

I am early in my new journey as well..just day 5..and I was feeling just like you earlier today. Coming here really helps me see that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that if we keep sabatoging ourselves and giving up we will never get our bodies to where we want them to be!

If you are hungry, your body is trying to tell you something. Either you are just craving food for an emotional reason (think about if you are REALLY hungry) or your body actually NEEDS the food. If this is the case, then Eat! Just eat very slowly, and STOP when you are full. Drink lots of water!

Please Please stay on track. Once you get the hang of it you will see such a difference if you can just hang on.

Good luck! And remember, if you've already slipped tomorrow is a new day, if you haven't slipped try to stay on plan!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/224/170

Height: 5'4''

Default You can totally do it! It will get easier!

Jana~

You can absolutely do it! I'm also on my day three, and last night, I weighed myself and realized I was heavier than I thought on my starting day (by 4 pounds!) I got so depressed and pissed I was ready to give up right then and there!

BUT then I realized that if I gave up, I would only continue to gain weight and be even more pissed off at myself. I didn't give up and today I feel much better about myself and where I will be in a few months.

If we give up...then in a few weeks or months, we will be even heavier and WISH that we weighed what we weigh right now. If we stick with it, we will eventually feel better (and likely be smaller!)

I've lost weight before, and the first few weeks sucks A LOT...but it does get easier.

Stick with it! You will feel better about that than you will about quitting!

Here's to success, perseverance, and feeling good about ourselves!

~Sarah
myinnerhealthbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #4  

Thanks Sarah and OnlyMeant Well....

Today this site is my LIFELINE! I have read posts over and over and I am praying for some strength.... thank you two for giving me some motivation to keep on keeping on

thanks!

-Jana
Old 03-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Jana don't give up! Today is day 2 for me and I know I will be able to get through this. I did MF two years ago and lost over 20 pounds! Just stay on track and you'll see the scale and inches go byebye! Stay strong! Water is my lifeline today!
Nay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #6  

Thank GOD for crystal lite because I am relearning to like water.... and I think it helps to put a little flavor in it.

Thank you for all your encouragement--- I NEEDED you guys today!

Hugs,
-Jana
Old 03-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #7  

Jana hang tough! I'm glad we are here for you! I wish that this forum was a little more busy, but it works for me. Glad your doing better!
Old 03-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #8  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Jana,

Please do not give up. Not today. I have always found day 3 to be the hardest day for me...a doctor once told me it takes 3 to 4 days for the ketones to build up, and that once they are at a high enough level, the hunger isn't so much of an issue.

Keep doing what you need to do to get through today. You can do this.

Ti'an
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #9  

Hang in there, Jana! I am going to start tomorrow so I can't say I have been there yet. You can do this! Maybe check out some of the MF success stories to give you a little bit of motivation!
wnt2bthnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

Talking

I feel that!! Im on day 2 and it sure is a struggle. I have ordered some of those flavor drop things, miracle noodles also some of the things from Walden Farms to help me out. I am hoping they are really going to give me the boost I need to stick with this plan. I also looked up some recipes on the mymedifast board and just got done baking oatmeal "bread" lol!

You can do it!!! Stay strong its sure tempting to have something off plan but think tomorrow your in Ketones...you are going to start the burn big time!!!! Keep your mind on that!! Your pants getting loser, your shopping trip!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #11  

Jana how are you doing? Update us on how your feeling today!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #12  

AH Nay75,
Thanks for asking how I am!! I am 300,000 time better! I made it through and now finishing up day 4 with the realization that I might actually be able to do this!

Thank you!
-Jana
Old 03-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #13  

So glad to hear your doing good Jana! Whooho! Tomorrow is my Day 4 and my firt Day back to work since starting. I'm nervous, but I know I can do this!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:30 PM   #14  

I started my 1st work day today and it wasn't too bad. I stayed busy and wasn't concerned about food. Hope the same for you too!
Old 03-25-2008, 05:35 AM   #15  

I hope so too!