Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Arrow W.O.W Memorial Day Challenge ~ Week Uno!

Welcome ladies! Today is the start of our Memorial Day challenge! I couldn't come up with a catchy name so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know and I'll change the thread title. Memorial Day is exactly 10 weeks away so this challenge will run from March 17 to May 26. Let's get this started!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our oldbies! Welcome back!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I have been so far off plan it's disgusting.
My scale says I've gain almost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I know there is no way that is accurate so I need to get my water back up to flush the sodium out and we'll see how bad the damage really is. Probably a couple pounds, hopefully still under 150. This morning it read 152.6. Two weeks ago I was at 146.
Today
W 100 oz
E did part of a video this am, doing day 1 of week 6 C25K after work, maybe something in between.
E OP, need to plan ahead and stick to it!!!
D One step at a time, need to get back in the groove

10 weeks. 131?
I think I can shed the salt and then lose 1.5 - 2 pounds a week for 10 weeks.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm on board you guys!!! MM, don't give that scale too much credit, I doubt you've gained all seven of those pounds. Mine said 255 this morning and I had been seeing 250-251 up until today. Like you, I've been WAY off target. I even remember what blew me off track. The one Sunday morning DH made the whole bacon-eggs-pancakes breakfast for the family....was fabulous but kicked off the whole thing. So here we go again. Again. Again. Went grocery shopping yesterday and gots lots of good healthy foods. Will make the gym a priority.

W---3-4 liters today. Normal day off, no sleep all day, no work tonight.
E--Gym....cardio, upper body, abs, cardio
E---Oatmeal and orange for breakfast, (GET OUT OF THE JELLY BEANS!) my salad and soup for lunch. Apple and string cheese snack, and dinner...???? Possibly small portion of spaghetti with big salad? Not sure yet. Later snack?
D----Ease into it. I often promise to post, post, post, but then feel bad when I don't post as often as I'd like. So just do what I can, try to stay committed. Watch tons of inspirational shows, Biggest Loser, etc. Do it for me this time!!!!!!!

Love to all...xoxoxxooox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Hi i would love to join you all!! My goal will be to get to 177.
W- 3 litres a day
E- cardio and abs( haven't doen it yet but once baby goes to sleep I will)
E- Had cake for breakfast!! not a wise choice so I'm skipping morning snack and will have mushrooms with melted cheese for lunch and maybe a veggie burger. Not sure about dinner yet. Will try to snack on fruit today to make up for the stupid cake!
D- Don't beat yourself up over little slipups, they make the path more interesting!

Last edited by 2beautiful2Bfat; 03-17-2008 at 09:44 AM.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

yall!

Michelle! Good to see ya!

2beautiful!

I stepped on the scale today.....bad bad bad! Major wake up call. This may sound stupid but I never really thought I could get above 255. Seriously. I've never been no matter how much I've slacked. But I am now. 257.6 *breathe* That hurts to type. My fingers are burning!

Okay, okay I have a plan of course. When have I ever been without a plan, huh? Everything's cool. I just need to get back in the groove of things. I brought most of my clothes back from Bama so hopefully one of these bags has my swimsuit in it. If so, I can start back with water aerobics and my exercise will be set. As for eating, I've decided to try a bit of intuitive eating, along with limited sweets and no fast food. I really need to get in check with my body and my mind, ya know?

So my W.E.E.D for this challenge:

W ~ min 64 oz
E ~ water aerobics (any day they have a class)
E ~ intuitive eating every three hours. if I get hungry before the three hour mark, I'll drink something, chew gum, or eat a piece of fruit. work on controlling eating the food at work.
D ~ remember to breathe. live for today.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Damn, forgot to post a challenge goal. Okay, I'm going to shoot for 12 lbs by Memorial Day.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! I'm in too!!! I didn't quite make my St. Patrick's goal , but as long as I'm losing, I suppose it's OK. Hit the scale at my new low of 297!!

I finally got my pedicure - my reward for going under 300. Boy, do my toes look pretty!!

New goal for Memorial Day - 280 (17 lbs). That will make it 100 lbs down since last May. I'd really like to hit it by May 15 - one year exactly - but I'll take the 31st!!

Good luck to everyone - we can do this

Get to the WEED later.
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I'm here, gonna shoot for 10 lbs again. personals later..i've got a cold...oh boy *sighs*
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Top O' The Mornin' To Ye Me Foine Foine WEED'er Friends!

10 weeks, eh? Fraught with possibilities . . . streeetttccchhhhhiiiinnnnggg out b4 me . . . hmmm . . . feeling as-ever-psyched for a little over 3 lbs a week . . . ever-optimistic-me will get & KEEP my focus on . . . that I will USE all the self-knowledge that I've "gained" in the last year or so . . . going for new numbers with a 35 lb loss of 199!

Hiya & Welcome 2beautiful2bf!

Challenge WEED:

W: 100oz + daily

E: OP Daily

E: Keep up the daily crunches & situps . . . add more cardio

D: One pound at a time!

Getting it going right now!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #10  

Thanks for the warm welcome Jason & aud!

Music I'm also going for 17 lbs. I hope I can do it!

Aud: 35 lbs!! What plan are you on?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

YVW 2b2bF! The more the merrier with WEED! Hope we meet a lot of new friends while keeping the friends/bonds we've made on the last rounds of WEED Challenges!

I'm a work in progress of completely changing my emotional-menopausal eating over to Low Carb - specifically Dr. Atkins NDR for life.

I've managed to bloat myself up to this current weight . . . and know that 10-15lbs will go quickly when I continue my dedication to weights/cardio & OP eating . . . just the way it is at this size - whhhoooooossssh . . . the NEXT 10-15lbs will be the "real" weight loss - and the lbs I will have to really put all the tools I've learned together--to get to the 199.

Off the PC is Tool #1 right now - - wantto get my work out in @ the Y b4 DD10Tess gets home from school . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

What's up HT, Aud, and Music!

Besides the horror of the scale, today has been pretty good! So far, I've won the Mp3 and digital camera I wanted, found two pairs of super comfortable and pretty exercise pants...for $3, and I just feel good despite the fact I only got like two hours of sleep last night.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Hi all! Welcome 2B! I hope you enjoy us WEEDers!

My goal for this challenge is 155 which is about 10lbs. I'm just coming off a major weekend binge and have no interest in exercise videos anymore. Gotta refocus and put what I know in action!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Quick check in for tomorrow's WEED:

W- drink it
E- OP and Mindful
E- video?
D- I feel better after I exercise

Oh man, I'm really draggin' the caboose with exercise.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #15  

Aud: what's YVW?
Alright I'm starting this challenge off on a bad foot I had cake for breakfast and cookies for dninner and now I won't be able to sleep cause I am so petrified of the scale! It all started cause I was sure I woudl be 192 this morning and then the scale gave a bunch of numbers between 193 and 195 so that got me down. I don't know why I caved in to the cookies but I couldn't help myself!! So I am not having any dinner cause I figure the cookies have more than enough calories so nwo I wonder if I should get a nother workout in to compensate? Does that work or am I being silly?