Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #1  

Question WW and emotional eating:

I have finally figured out that I do, in fact, eat to deal with my emotions. While all of you may think it is obvious it took me a while. I just couldn't figure it out--I haf a great childhood and have a nice life now.

After so many failed dieting attempts I finally relented and went to Amazon to find a book about emotional eating. I bought a book called Shrink Yourself and finally I get it. I am not done with the book but think just becoming aware that eating when I am not hungry isn't just because. I really believed what I use to tell myself.

I was doing good until there were donuts at work
I was doing good until I went to my Mom's
I was doing good until my husband was eating in front of me
I was doing good and should not have bought candy bars because I couldn't get them out of my mind
I was doing good until we went on vacation
I was doing good until the holidays

I realize now that I felt something first.

I am doing weight watchers for accountability. I am not going to meetings and do not plan on being too strict. I think my perfectionism is at the root of why weight watchers has not worked for me and maybe even is behind my weight gain.

So, I have a point target that I am suppose to meet according to weight watchers but I have ate less for the past 3 days since starting. Today I ate 18 and should have 25. I am full and don't feel physically hungry. Is it ok to go that far under my point range? Will I put my body into starvation mode?

What do you do?
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:00 AM   #2  
Right track to health!

S/C/G: 150/131/130

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

That's great that you are learning to separate the food from the emotions! That's a major step!! *hugs*As for the WW I'm not to sure but try asking on the sub forum about about questions on diet plans. there's lots of super smart people that can tell ye! *big smile*
journey2happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi Gina
I'm on WW. I was an official member years ago and now I just get my stuff from e-bay and use 3FC as support. They do suggest you eat all of your points but I did find a points to calories conversion here on 3FC and at 18 pts if you add 250 calories for the 0 pt veggies then it works out to about 1300 calories a day which is fine. I wouldn't eat less than 18 pts though.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote