Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 08:41 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous Forties #113

My post got to the second page so I started a new thread.....I'm copying it here:

Hello you FABULOUS 40's GALS!!! I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be back again. I too have made a 'fresh start' after the holidays. Unfortunately, my eating binge wasn't just holiday time, it's been since I stopped logging on. So, my fresh start is starting it's 3rd week tomorrow morning. You know what THAT means.....it means that today ends week #2 and tomorrow is weigh day!! I feel good and we'll see what happens.

Dianne ~ yyyyyeeeeeeesssssss....it's meeeeeeeeeee, it's meeeeeeeee!! I thanked everyone else for the wonderful welcome back and I thank you too!! I read back a ways in the posts and saw that you actually mentioned me in a recent post when you said "talk to you's guys later". Ha!! I'm so happy to have left something to remember me with. Anyway, I'm here and it feels great! I plan on staying.....(oh, except for vacation which is 2/15-2/24)

Es ~ I never get on at work cuz I'm too afraid of getting caught. They have a way of tracking these things. About the treadmill, I just sold mine today. I never use it and want to start back to the gym again so I figured I may as well make a few bucks. Plus it takes up room I could use. Ha!! Good luck with yours.

Jen ~ I weigh tomorrow too. Good luck. Maybe you'll be surprised and not have that gain you think you'll have. Your attitude is great though....no quitting allowed girl...we keep on plugging along.

JanieD ~ The first thing I thought of when you said RAD was asthma ~ but then I realized that you weren't talking about diagnosis'.....I looked for ya and can't find anything. Sorry.

Ruth ~ yes, the chat was nice. I always go in there when the posting part of the board is down. For some reason, I never go in on regular days. So when do you think you'll come to DFW? For how long? Hey, we could have coffee and.....and....well, NO DONUTS!!! I love Canton!!! Been there a few times and it's great. Can't see it all in one day.

Terri ~ I thought I was going crazy when I posted and it was gone. I guess I wasn't. Hope you're doing ok.

Myra ~ Hope you're having a great Tuesday

I think I got everyone, not the new ones though....sorry gals, I'm still getting to know who you are. Have a wonderful evening and I'll post my weight LOSS in the morning.

Talk to you's guys later.....(hey Dianne, how's that???)

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
209/189/148
Old 01-15-2002, 10:44 PM   #2  

Hi, I weighed in at home for my first week. I went from 194.5 to 189.5. It was a great start. You all have been a great help to me. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:56 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

WOW, Viola, great start!!!!! 5 pounds! It's the Happy
Dance for you tonight! keep up the great work

Dianne!!! So happy you could join us It's much more like home now that we're all together again. I really did miss hearing from you. I haven't seen the boys in two weeks! They spent a loonng weekend here on New Year's, and haven't made it back yet. My son in law wants to be here on Saturday to watch the BEARS (play in their first playoff game in 10 years!) now that Joe got the new tv. So I'll be in hog heaven hugging and kissing those little guys!

Ruth, I finally got my books today! Accounting 101...is that what you're taking? Lots of study sheets, and a cd rom, which is cool. I haven't been in the chat. Just not enough time, there's been so much to do it seems. I'm looking forward to class starting; the semester ends on May 24, I'm hoping that the final exam won't be on my birthday, which is the 23rd!

Es, are you walking your butt off? I think it's so cool that you exercise so much, just like Myra. I could sit and watch you guys for hours........

I've been considering not going to weigh in tomorrow, but know I have to. I had a good day today, and yesterday, which is not going to show on the scale tomorrow, but which has made me feel better about staying OP.

Terri, Myra, Sandy, Janie, HI

~Jen
Old 01-16-2002, 05:19 AM   #4  

Smile

Hi Buddies

Zoe, it's so nice to see you posting again. Always remember "We Are Family" like the song says. About going online at work, they are just freakin nosey. Even when I'm on the phone you could see them trying to listen. I'm out in the open so I have no privacy but I figured I was on my lunch hour so what the heck. The holidays set me back quite a bit too. I had lots of chocolate. Well, that's behind me so I'm ready to keep on keeping on.

Jen, I'm glad you're going to see the boys this weekend. I know how much you love having them around. I'm using my treadmill 4-5 times a week. I watch my soaps while I'm on it so 30 minutes goes by very fast. In another week or two I'm going to walk 15 minutes then jog the last 15. Goold luck on your weighin.

Viola, WOW! 5 lbs. is great! That's very motivating. Way to go.

Myra, where are you.

Well ladies, another day another dollar.

See you's later.

Love,
Es
Old 01-16-2002, 07:53 AM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default Weigh Day

Good Morning ladies

Just a quick note ~ today was weigh day and while it wasn't as much as I would have liked, it WAS a loss......this week, I lost 1.5 lbs. I usually lose more, even in my 2nd week but hey, I guess it's age, huh? .....

so:
week #! -7.5
week #2-1.5
total = 9 lbs in 2 weeks.

Ok, I'm happy.......

Viola ~ GREAT JOB girl!!!

Have a great day ~ gotta run to work.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in TX
209/177.5/148
Old 01-16-2002, 09:14 AM   #6  

Jen,
Ooooh! You will love the big screen. We got one last spring. It is 53" and we already had surround sound. It is like going to the theater. But way better. It is wonderful. We don't go out as much so it is saving money. We rent a couple DVDs every weekend and watch the movies that were just out. It is fun. The games are wonderful on there. ENJOY!!!!
Great with weighing anyway. Good luck.
Good luck on your tests. Both is school and at the Drs.
That is a great decision to weigh in. Enjoy the boys. I have my wireless headphones on and I am listening to the Today Show from the other room and they are singing the Bears song and talking all about the Bears.

Dianne,
Congrats for starting fresh. Good luck on Saturday.

Ruth,
I am going to try to chat. What room is it? What time do y'all get on? I used to go in there and quit about 6 mos. ago. I'd like to do it again. Sounds like fun now that I know more people.

Essie,
I was thinking about Suzie. It is good to hear she is doing great. She sounds like such a cutie.
Great treadmill. I love mine. Bruce got me wireless headphones so I don't have to put the TV up so loud. They are great. Can't hear kids, dogs, phones or anything. I put Britts in charge if the kids are home. Have fun.
I start my points in the evening. I can eat little during the day to make up for anything at night if I need to. It is easier to do it that way. My breakfast consists of about 3 points and lunch is usually 4. If I start in the morning I snack more when I am bored. It made me more strict with myself. Good luck.

Zoe,
9 lbs. is great girl!!!!!! Nothing to hang your head about that is for sure. Keep it up!
It is great to have my GIF pal back. We missed you.

Viola,
5 pounds. WOW!!! That is wonderful!

JanieD,
How is your elbow? Hope it is better.

Myra,
Good luck to you tonight.

Hi Sandy. How is your mom doing?

TTYL,
Terri
Old 01-16-2002, 09:24 AM   #7  

Hi everybody, just a quick post before I leave for school!!

ZOE, congratulations on the 9 lb loss in 2 weeks. That is so great, you really must be excited!! I'm doing a happy dance for you!! Before long you'll be at goal, just wait and see.

VIOLA, congratulations on the 5 lb. loss. Isn't the digital scale nice. I love mine, it seems so much more accurate that the older ones. This morning I actually weighed (without clothes) 159 lbs. Tomorrow night is my actually weigh in at weight watchers, I'm hoping that I will weigh about 162, that would be about a 2 lb loss for the week. Too bad I can't go weigh in at 6 am!

JEN, I'm taking accounting 205. I don't think there is a lower accounting to take at the university. The book we are using is Fundamental Financial Accounting Concepts 3rd Edition. I also bought the study guide and the large workbook papers that go with it!! There isn't a cd with it, but there is an online web site. I'm really looking forward to it, the professor seems to be lots of fun!! Good luck!!

Well, off to school, I'll check in again this afternoon and say hello to the others I've missed.

Ruth
Old 01-16-2002, 12:28 PM   #8  

ZOE, congratulations on the 9 lb loss in 2 weeks.
WTG Girlfriend!!

VIOLA, congratulations on the 5 lb. loss. You are on a roll!!

BUDS, Thank you all for asking about my elbow. It is about the same. Because of HMO BS it has been very frustrating. I was supposed to start Physical therapy 2 weeks ago and I won't start until Friday because of insurance junk. It's a good thing its not life and death. ALso I really miss my aerobics and especially kick boxing classes. I have been using the tread mill and life cycle at the club but I have friends in those classes and it's way more fun. I have still been walking at lunch time with my co-workers.
On a happier note: I WI this morning and lost 2.5 lb. That puts me back to where I was before Christmas. YAH!!

JEN, I got the permit to carry pepper spray at work, so I am armed and dangerous; although with a broken elbow I guess I'm only half armed I hope you have a great time with your new TV. SInce I work with a lot of men we have a football pool (not for money just lunch) which I play in. ANyway I am 2nd from the bottom in the pool this year.

Have a great hump day,
Staying OP,
JanieD
Old 01-16-2002, 01:40 PM   #9  

Congratulations JanieD. Great loss. "weigh" to go. Happy New Year!!!!
Here is to starting fresh.

Terri
Old 01-16-2002, 04:47 PM   #10  

JANIE, congratulations on the 2.5 lbs loss. Sounds like you do alot of exercise, that is wonderful. Keep up the great effort!!

Ruth
Old 01-16-2002, 05:40 PM   #11  

Hi Gals,

I have been missing you all, and am also having a hard time staying OP right now. I expect things will settle down soon. My mom was transferred to a long term care unit today. She is coming along pretty well and will return to the surgeon for more surgery in 6 weeks. Between working and visiting in the hospital, I have been finding a lot less time to cybervisit than I hoped for.

Don't let my husband Mike know about those huge TV's ok, he will want one too for his beloved PATRIOTS's. We can't afford a new TV right now, or the space to put one in either.

I noticed some great stuff has been happening here
Woohoo Zoe and Viola, those losses are fantastic!
Janie, 2.5 in one week is sure a loss to brag about too, YAY!

Ruth, back to school, that's great, I hope you enjoy your course. That is something I would like to push myself to do too.

I hope to be around more next week, just had to say hi to you all
Terri, Essie, Jen, Dianne, Myra

Bye for now,
Sandy

Last edited by Sandancy; 01-16-2002 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:47 PM   #12  

Take care of yourself too Sandy. That is great about your mom. When will the surgeries end?
Don't worry about not keeping up. Just come on once in awhile and keep us informed.
Take care!!!!
Terri
Old 01-16-2002, 06:02 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Allright!!! Congrats to Zoe and Janie on the losses! It's happening!

Janie, sorry about the snafu w/the therapy for your elbow. But at least it's on the mend and by summer you'll be healed.

Sandy, my best to your mom...just keep in touch when you can. Hang in there!

Weighed in this morning and totally lucked out.....+.4 . That was a big relief for me, thought it would be a bigger gain. I feel I've crossed a hurdle by going in even tho I knew I had gained. I've quit so many times; in spite of having a gain, I'm actually proud of myself.

We had our first measurable snowfall today, about 3 inches. It's so pretty; this has been the ideal winter, only a dusting of snow for Christmas till now. I made a big pot of chicken soup, it's so comforting when the weather's like this.

Myra, how's it going?

have a nice evening,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 01-16-2002 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:07 PM   #14  

Great Jen. I remember so many times being happy about small gains. Hang in there. You are doing fine.
I love the comfort of everyone being where they are supposed to be and watching that beautiful snow and eating chili or soup.
MMMmm! Enjoy!!!!

Terri
Old 01-16-2002, 08:53 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening my friends!! How are you all doing tonight? Work was long but we're home, dinner has been cooked, eaten and cleaned up so it's time to relax. I feel really good, like I could stay OP forever. Ha!! What do ya thiink???

We have a 53" TV too and it's great for movies. We also have surround sound so yep, we don't go to the movies nearly as much. Just sit at home, smart pop instead of that fattening stuff at the theaters and move relaxed.

JanieD ~ sorry that I wasn't around to know about your broken elbow but I hope that it is healing nicely and you're not in any pain now.

Sandy ~ My prayers are with your mom.

Terri ~ I lost ALL my GIF's when my son changed windows on my computer. He saved everything to diskette but hasn't put all items back yet so I have only a few that I got this evening. Now I have to catch up to you's guys.

Hello Es, Ruth, Dianne, Myra, Jen and Viola ~ I hope I didn't miss anyone.....if I did, I'm blaming it on being a little rusty now. Have a great evening. I'm off to have my dessert....a BIG apple!!

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in TX
209/177.5/148
Closed Thread