Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Default NSV! Not giving up!

After many attempts of starting a "diet" (I ate about 600 cals daily for 2 or 3 days and then just ate everything in sight) last Saturday 13th I decided I was going to do it the right way, so I started counting my calories (1200 daily) and exercising.
Today after a 9 days I headed happily towards the scale thinking "oh Iīm doing this the right way, so 1 or 2 pounds is great" (before I would have hoped for 4 or 5). I thought at least I would have dropped 1, but no, only 300grs (0.6 pounds).
A week ago I would have gone to the refrigerator and eaten everything in it, but instead I had my healthy breakfast and took my dog for a walk. I know 0,6 pounds is very very little, and itīs probably because Iīve screwed my metabolism with my old (not so old) eating habits, but while walking my dog I thought "ok this will take longer, but if I continue doing it the right way eventually the pounds will go".

Iīm not happy about the weight loss but I am about my attitude!!!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #2  

Booo! I put my 0.6 loss in the ticker but it doesnīt show .. guess iīll have to wait another week!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #3  
Looking for the real me

S/C/G: 201/193/140

Height: 5'9

Awesome attitude!!
Beegers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #4  

Red face Keep Going

I felt like giving up many times but you have to remember how worth it will be to see people's reactions when this whole thing is over! You're gonna look great- dont give up!
ellie1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/184/135

Height: 5' 5"

Don't give up! It will happen. The most important thing is that you are doing something good for your body and it WILL pay off in the long run.
godsgirltmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #6  

Tks for your comments!

About the book Skinny ***** I hear Victoria Beckham bought it and the sales rised to the sky lol! I live in Chile but iīll see if I can buy it online.. Iīve heard itīs great!

And once again tks for the support!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #7  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Raf
It is well worth the cost to go to your doc. 1200 calories maybe way to low for you to start. One of the reasons people give up is because they are hungry. Several meals a day 4 to 6 and enough calories is very important.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #8  

I went to the doc a few months ago, he even made me do a calorimetria, a test to see how many calories your body uses and he gave me a 1200 calorie diet. First I did ok but then I messed up. I know stupid stupid stupid. A friend told me "ohh you should eat less and youīll lose a lot more, like me (she lost like 10 kgs in a month)" so as summer is almost here I did, and I ended up gaining weight.
But now Iīm determined not to diet but to eat healthy and stick with it.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #9  
Rennie

Well if that is what they said it must be right. Mine wants me around 1200 to 1400. Some days I have a hard enough time getting near 1200 lol.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #10  

But youīre still loosing!!
Iīm in the 1200 but havenīt lost any pounds...
Surely youīre doing it better than me!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #11  
Rennie

Here are a few ideas, not sure if they will help or not

Eat more little meals a day, I eat 4 to 6, keep track of what you are eating so you know you are getting in your 4 basic food groups. BREAD AND CEREAL 3 to 8, DAIRY 2 to 3, MEAT 2 to 3, FRUIT 2 to 3 and VEGGIES 3 to 6.

Have a rough idea of calories, fat and carbs allowed. Keep everything on fit day you eat. Gives a nice idea if you are taking in enough or to much. Some find they are eating more than they think. Some like myself, find they aren't eating enough.

Exercise, everyone has time for a 15 min walking video everyday.

Loseing weight is different for everyone. I don't do without anything BUT I have to watch portion sizes. I am not loseing fast generaly a lb a week.

I do have to say if I don't eat enough I gain. That was a problem before I started to eat a healthy diet. The body wants food, it loves food. Food keeps us alive we can't live without it. Find things you enjoy eating that are good for you. I love green olives lol.

While I swore I would never count anything but fat. I have found I enjoy tracking what I am eating. Finding I can eat this and this together but shouldn't eat this and that.

Make sure you are paying attention to those NSV's. I have to really do this because I don't see where I look any different now than I did before. Are your clothes fitting better? Are you getting around better, less pain, less out of breath? These things are very important.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-23-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #12  

Ohh Thanks Shy Moment for all your tips, some of them Iīm doing (like 5 meals a day) but I will start right now my fitday (thanks to you lol) and of course be aware of NSV.

My main problem now is that as I spent a time with this horrible 600 cals diet (I think itīs that because it dindīt happen before) I can go well 5 or 6 days but day 7 I want to eat a whole cow... I think itīs because I was eating so little after a few days my body NEEDED food! But anyway Iīm in day 10 now and I have good news!!
Today I weigh and I had dropped 1.5 pds.. I know itīs not something that happened overnight, maybe my body was retaining water or just took a few more days to actually drop the pds but I know itīs the result of those 10 days of eating healthy.. Iīm so so happy for my attitude yesterday and for the loss today!

And Iīm so so thankful of all your help and tips!!!

Ahh yesterday I didnīt workout but today 45 mins of elliptical machine are waiting for me!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #13  
Rennie

Raf
So glad you see you have seen a drop. Just remember, for some people those drops happen here and there. Pay attention to the clothes. I never had to lose weight before. I pay a lot of attention to what people say here and get great ideas. Somethings are just common sense to me. Other things, like fit day. I would have never thought of. I find myself sitting some evenings trying to get food into myself because I haven't eaten enough even thou I have eaten several times that day.

Good luck and let me know how you are doing. Keep posting
Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #14  

A little question.. if at the end of your day you havenīt made you calorie quota and you still need letīs say 200 calories, you start eating even if your not hungry?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #15  
Rennie

No, if I am that close I don't worry about it. I don't really count things. Just use the fit day to let me see what is going on. I just want to be pretty close to those figures. If I am 1,000 calories away I eat lol. I use fit day more to make sure I have those 4 basic food groups eaten.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-24-2007 at 09:58 PM.