Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 09:30 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default Daily thread - Tuesday

I hope noone else is out there starting a thread ...

Long time no see, I know, but I have been lurking. Actually, I posted a couple of times (one really long, with pictures!) but they vanished when the site went down. Ah well. Maybe I will attach a picture of my hamster-baby again, she's soooooooooooo adorable!!!

How's everyone doing? The weather here is finally picking up again - it has been freezing, and my new hot water bottle, a little red devil, has been getting plenty of use (Blokey has been quite jealous!). Did I tell you I had my hair cut short, like, really short?It's been about 14 years since I had it like this and I forgot how cold your ears get! Maybe I will have to dig out my fluffy red earwarmers again...

Working v v hard at the moment, writing my thesis, writing job applications (eek! scary! real world!) and trying v v hard not to play on the computer too much ... Speaking of which ... time to get back to it. Come and post lots!

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 01-15-2002, 10:31 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lolly - hello girl. Was there no post yesterday?? I went to catch up and didn't see anything. Weird. Cute hamster! But I admit, small creatures scare me. I like large animals that can't get lost and scurry!

I weigh in today and I'm nervous. I worked really hard last week, made it to the gym 3X (I wanted to do 4-5, but I had an out of town guest). Was on program except for two days... but I'm worried those two days will be the falling point. I had an Indian buffet on Saturday (2 trips!) and Buffalo fingers on Sunday. These two meals put me over by at least 10 points those two days. I banked and worked out, and hoping and praying that I don't gain. But if I do, I know why!

I'll let you know how I do. UGH!

Lisa
Old 01-15-2002, 10:37 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default flying visit

hi lolly, buffy the hamster and tilley, and all those who are going to post!!
just a quite note to say hello cos i was off work yesterday (not feeling so good) and today i still feel a bit rotten. my boss just looked at me and said i could go home if i wanted (guess i don't look so hot!). so i reckon i will cos there is nothing worse than feeling ill on an overcrowded tube train.
i promise to come back and chat properly to you all tomorrow.
lolly - if you are free on march 2nd do you fancy joining in a mini-girls night at mine?
right, best go. love to you all,
kirsty
Old 01-15-2002, 10:42 AM   #4  
Semi-Newbie Member

HI Lolly and everyone else about to post!!!!!

Your hamster is sooo cute!!! I used to have some (the like to multiply ), but now we have no pets...not for sure why. Maybe because we're not home a lot?

Today is my official day of starting WW! My meeting is at lunch time, and I'm kind of nervous about weighing in. I've been weighing in on the same scale now for over a year (I have been doing the WW program by myself). But I am really anxious to get the books, and learn as much as possible.

Can't chat long...work is hectic as usual! Just wanted to POP in and say Hey, and update a little!!!!!!!

Have a great day
Old 01-15-2002, 10:45 AM   #5  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Tilly, Kirsty, everyone!

Kirsty - go home! Definitely! And do I have to be a mini-girl to come to your mini-girls' night?!

Tilly - good luck at WI! I know how evil those Indian buffets can be, and my Dad LOVES them. He loves Chinese ones too. If you banked points and worked out, it should all even out in the long run (does Indian food have a lot of salt like Chinese?). I just avoid the pilau rice and the creamy sauces, which is a bummer because I love korma, but it's 22 points a pop

Made rice krispie cakes on Sunday morning - YUM YUM PIG'S BUM Only 1.5pts and soooooooooo sweet and delish. I am such a child!

Ok, back to work now!
Kxxx

ps: Tilly, I think they lost yesterday's posts when the server had problems earlier today
Old 01-15-2002, 10:47 AM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

MAndie - we were posting at the same time. Good luck at WI!
Old 01-15-2002, 10:49 AM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Good Morning!

Yes, there was a post yesterday but it got fried.
I have to get busy, but I wanted to stop in and say hi.
Lolly, your baby is such a cutie!! Do they bite? That would be my biggest fear....my baby bites (playfully) but then I can punish her for it. I'd be afraid to punish a hamster.
Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 11:37 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Angry aaaaaaaaaaaah

hey girls today i trn into a pumpina nd my extended winter break is over I fly back tonight
Lolly Love your baby and shes named buffy!!!! you have to get an angel (or in the new series Spike) for her Or mabye not we dont want you toneed the pied piper!

Mandie I'm keeping everything crossable crossed for ya! I'll be weighing in saturday if i canfind the place the ww is at!
Kirsty feel better hon

Tilley (lisa) chin up woman you made it to the gym 3 times last week you shoulddo ok!
anyway bb tommorrow on the other side of the ocean
Love
Kier
Old 01-15-2002, 12:40 PM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Weighed in! Not bad at all - down 1.5. I'm glad. I was nervous. I'm still going to eat near my min this week, in case I was just lucky today. But I did bank and exercise, so hopefully I was just worrying over nothing.

Kirsty - I hope you feel better!!!

Mandie - So, how was the meeting. Congrats on starting the program. Some people do fine on their own, but I find that I do much better and I'm more motivated when I'm attending meetings. It's like you have someone keeping you in check. Let us know how it went!

Lolly - I love Indian. it's not too bad though, because they don't cook with cheeses and creams much at all. Most everything is cooked with tomato-based and yogurt-based sauces. I love the chicken tokka masala. MMMMmmmmm.

Stacey - Hey girl. When I first read your post I though you said you got fired!! But you said fried. Whew!

Kier - thanks for the support. You're right, I did fine. What does bb on the other side of the ocean mean?? Just curious.

Have a great day ladies and check in soon.....

Lisa

(2 down and 19.5 to go for my May 1st goal!!)
Old 01-15-2002, 12:48 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Man, I feel like every time I post the system crashes, I hope it doesn't happen this time. Only one more day of work and then I'm unemloyed again. Who knows how long it will take to find another posting. I plan on relaxing and riding my horse as well as studying - UGH! Correspondence and self paced learning are not working well for me.
Lolly - cute hamster. My parents got a digital camera - I will try to post some pictures when I get a chance to play with it.
Lisa - WEIGH TO GO! 1.5 is awesome.
Kier - Sorry about the end of your vacation. Hope it was fantastic anyways.
Hi to Stacey, Mandie and Kirsty and everyone else out there - back to work.
KT
Old 01-15-2002, 01:05 PM   #11  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Yay! Lisa!!

I hope I'm lucky tonight, too! That's great, though!
Going to eat lunch now, be back later!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 01:57 PM   #12  
Semi-Newbie Member

Welp, the first meeting was awesome! I can already tell I'll love the leader (can't remember her name right now), it's a fairly large group since it's people on their lunch hours -- but it's just PERFECT!!!

I weighed 0.7 lbs heavier on their scales than mine...so not too bad!!!!

Thanks everyone for the encouragment...I'm SOOOO glad I have taken that real first step, and I'm raring to go!!!

No time to chat more though -- work work work!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 02:09 PM   #13  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Just a little bit...

Ick, I've been in training all darn day. But they gave me a pager for free, so that's not all bad. Of course, now this means they can call me in the middle of night if there's some sort of nuclear issue. (Yeah, I work for a nuclear power plant. Just call me Homer Simpson).

First off--Lolly, you're little sweetie is absolutely adorable. I have two sweet little guinea pigs that I think I'd be insane without. They're great listeners and when I talk to them, I don't feel quite as crazy as I would talking to myself.

My Weigh-in is tonight. I'm super-nervous, for a couple of reasons--#1, it's my first one after being on the plan for 1 week and #2 because I haven't been as good on my points as I would have like to be. I was WAY over Friday night. Then I went over again last night (but it was an honest mistake--I didn't know how many points I had had, so I thought I had enough for some McDonald's.) I wound up 3 points over last night. If I gained, I'm going to be SO disappointed. Oh, and I haven't been to the gym since Thursday because Friday was a little hectic and Saturday they close early and I didn't make it in time after shopping. And last night, I went to see my sorta boyfriend (still a strange situation). But I'm planning to go tonight after my WW meeting.

Tilly--it's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who has ooops days. And, it's awesome that you were down 1.5, maybe I'll be lucky and be down that much, too. That'd be great.

Mandie--Don't you hate how scales do that? I weighed like 185 on the scale we have at work, 190 on the scale at the gym and 178 on the one at WW. I wish they were just all the same.

Kirsty--I hope you feel better. Being at work when you're sick is the pits.

Kier--I don't get the new Buffy season here, so can you clear this up for me? Buffy and SPIKE???? are dating? When/how did that happen? On the re-runs, I knew Spike liked Buffy, but...

OK, I gotta get a little work done.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:26 PM   #14  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess, Good luck tonight at WI - I had a couple off days too. Sounds like you did otherwise. 3 points over is barely over too. Let us know how you do!!

Mandie - I'm glad you liked it. I LOVE my leader. She is awesome. It really makes a huge difference if you like your leader. I used to have this leader who wasn't very motivating AT ALL! I would tell her I had Cheesecake Factory cheesecake and she would say :did you enjoy it." and I'd say yes, and she would say "As long as you enjoyed it." of course I enjoyed it. I enjoyed all the fatty foods I ate. Dorian, my current leader, will say "Next time can you share with a couple people?" She is the best.

Stacey - Good luck tonight!!!

Horsey girl - why will you be unemployeed tomorrow?? I'm jealous - I wish I could ride horses whenever I felt like it. I haven't ridden in years.

Anyone get the "Tonight's Special" booklet with the new program? (not new program - same program, they just gave out the Tonight's Special.) Anyway, I got mine today and it's AWESOME. I'm going to try the key lime pie soon and a bunch of their snack ideas. Just wondering if anyone likes it as much as I do. I'm also going to try the 1-point frozen graham cracker sandwhiches.

Lisa
Old 01-15-2002, 02:52 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Lisa - I'm a temp at a university and my current contract ends tomorrow. Sometimes I go straight into the next contract, sometimes I have to wait a bit. The money's good though.

Jess - Buffy is AWESOME - this season is the best!! they had musical episode that was hilarious and relavent to the series. It totally moved the plot and the buffy/spike thing, well, you'll see.

KT
Closed Thread