South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default What's Up Wednesday

Good Morning Chickies,

We finally got some lovely rain showers overnight, I'm sure the trees and plants are rejoicing.

Today should be just another ordinary day, the girls have ballet/tap lessons after school so that will take up the afternoon. Yesterday we worked on a scarecrow and some ghosts for their yard and started making some crafts for decorating their playroom for Halloween. They want to turn it into a haunted house this year, but Maggie said "not too scary!"

I'll be off to Curves shortly, and then have to decide what to make for supper this evening. Maybe meatloaf, I'm not sure yet.

So what's up with everyone else today?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. I'm with Maggie - I like "fun", not "scary". Every year I do my Witch of Plum Hollow thing at the library and gear it to the age of the kidlets. I love to see their eyes get big but don't want to give them nightmares.

I'm off to a dental appointment in the city this morning. I thought it was for ten but it's nine so need to get out of here before eight to handle the morning traffic. On the way home, I need to do some banking and also pop in and vote in our provincial election. This afternoon Hershey and I will cozy in and quilt. (She loves to lie at my feet when I sew. I think it takes her back to how we first met - I was taking piano lessons and couldn't use the damper pedals because she was on my foot! "Gentle" yoga is on the schedule 5 to 6:30, dinner from the stash, "Private Practice" and early bed as I've been awake since before four.

That sort of fills up Hump Day. What's happening around your beach chair?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning everyone!
I'm scarfing down a turkey sandwich (my fast breakfast!) and trying to get caught up on work since I took a couple of hours off yesterday afternoon to sit at an outdoor coffee shop. Had a great time just relaxing and talking with an old friend.
Cottage: I'm with you today. I just pulled some ground meat out of the freezer to defrost and it's either going to be meatloaf or maybe "lasangna" made with eggplant. depends on how much time I have.

Ruth: hope you and Hershey have a relaxing afternoon quilting after the dentist..not a fun way to start the day. BTW, my nephew has a dog named Hershey too.

Iamfire: Wow, that's a lot of exercise. I admire that as I really hate it and wish I had the "uph" to do all of that!

I had an NSV yesterday. I saw another old friend I hadn't seen in about 10 years or so. (she never saw me fat) and she told me "You never change..you always look great." Little did she know that in those ten years I had packed on major poundage. Made my day!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-10-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #4  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi all!

cottage: mmm, I've having meatloaf tonight. yummy. It's raining here too; I know we need it, but I hope it stops by the weekend.

ruth: cozying in sounds like the ticket; I think my daughter and I will do the same.

iamfire: 300 push ups? wow.

femmec: I could sit all day at a coffee shop, especially when chatting. It's so relaxing.

As for me, I need to get in some yoga today, and it looks like an at home workout. I really want to hit the gym tomorrow morning; I just have to get up and do it.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning all,

Up and moving already. The motivator has had me out already for a 2 mile walk.

cottage- glad the rain came. Wish we could get some but then it wouldn't be desert if we did.

Ruth- I would love to have a quiet day with the motivator. She likes to be in the same room with me when I am home.

Iamfire- wow if I did that I would have a hard time functioning the rest of the day!

femme- don't you just love NSVs.

For me on this Wednesday it's kids to school, work, football practice for son#1,football game for son#2, scrabble club of daughter #1, church for the girls, parents night at church that I am doing (not the date I would of choosen)not ready for yet. And hopefully sometime with the hubby since it is our anniversary! He will have to fend for himself for dinner tonite and we will hopefully go out this weekend. This was the one day I was hoping not to have to much going on but it seems the family has different plans. It is time to head to the showers and get everything in motion.

Have a great day and a safe one.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Hump Day, beach babes!

Cottage: I love it, I love it, I love it! Those decorations you and the girls are working on must be awesome! I hope we get to see pics!

Ruth: It sure is a busy day for you, as usual! I hope it's enjoyable and that you're getting everything done that you need to before dropping of your car.

iamfire: Wow! That's a lot of exercise! Where do you find the time?

Cat: Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday! Coffee with a friend, compliments from another old friend. I bet you were smiling all evening yesterday!

Phxsunflower: Happy Anniversary! I hope you get some time to rest your feet after what sounds like your ridiculously hectic day!

Me: Finally woke up in time to work out this morning, but part of my "inspecting" with the State's rep will entail heavy-duty hiking. I don't really want to go, but I need to go, so that's that. I hate being out of the office and knowing that my girls probably won't be getting anything done.

I'm glad it's hump day, though. DH and I are both off on Friday and he's going to the coast to see his family and I'm going to Austin to see my family. The coolest thing is that my dad and mom have no idea! I'm just going to show up at their door on Friday. Little sister is helping me pull it all together. Well, I need to get my coffee ready for the "trip". Hope you all have a great day!

~Kim
Old 10-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, I'm SO glad you finally got some rain! That's great! I loved ballet and tap when I was a little girl. It's so much fun making all that noise with your shoes!

Ruth, what a cozy afternoon...quilting and a puppy on your feet! Ahh! I hope your drive is safe and hassle-free and the dentist is nice to you!

Wow, Barbara, I feel like I should get some kind of workout credit just for reading your workout!!! You are a stud, girl! I couldn't do even two real pushups (and it would be hard to even do one!!)! Wow! Hope your Kendo practice goes really, really well!

Wow, Cat, that's a great NSV!!! I love that you took time off yesterday for coffee and friendship. That's the best!

dcapulet, I really need to do some yoga, too! My body is all twisted up! I think there's a class at the gym on Thursday morning...I'll have to see if I can get my tuchus out of bed in time for it!

Wow, Phx, I can't imagine doing all that you do, either! That's a lot of driving around, organizing, and hard work! I bet your kids really appreciate it, though! Have you seen that Wal*Mart commercial about football moms? It's really cute. Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!

Me:
Well, off to the gym tonight after work. I had a great workout on Monday--even though my nutritionist told me not to weight lift, I finally gave in to my urge and did 15 minutes of arm work. I'm still pleasantly sore today.

DH is mending--though his throat still hurts him and he's still on soft/liquid foods. He sees the doctor tomorrow.

I'm working today and Friday, but it's break week for the college, so I'm not anticipating any real work. Oh well...at least I can get some other stuff done.

Have a great day, chicks!

Last edited by beachgal; 10-10-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Girlies...

I am like a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest this morning. On my way to work I witnessed an accident and got out to help. I am CPR and first-aid certified--which is so empowering--I highly recommend it! It wasn't a major accident, but a truck hit a car and the lady in the car was shaken from the air bags and scared really bad. I just stayed there with her until the paramedics came--held her hand.

The paramedic that showed up was a friend from high school and I felt better about leaving Tina...that was her name

Anyway--here I am at work and busy busy busy...just wanted to share my story with ya'll.

Hopefully I will check back in later and actually blog some.

Take care,

Last edited by Sunnybunny; 10-10-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Kim_Star! Have a great trip on Friday!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ugh! I need a swift kick in the pants today! I can not get motivated! Monday was a slow day due to it being a semi-holiday and we cut out about 30 mins early. Yesterday I had to leave early to take my DD to the eye doctor as she has something going on causing her eye to be red and hurt like heck. They gave her steriod drops and she has to go back saturday. Needless to say even though it is Wed. it feels like monday!

Alright I would like to post personals but I have got to force myself into getting stuff done.

Check back later! Have a great day all!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:40 AM   #11  

Barbara - I don't remember meeting you here before so Welcome to the Beach! That is some impressive exercise!

Me - I need to make a run up to the hospital at lunchtime and bring DH some stuff. He might get out tomorrow but I really need to run into the office for at least part of the day tomorrow. I'm hoping he can give me a head's up on when he is getting out so I can bring him home.

Tonight I am teaching Wolf/Bear Leader Specific Training so I'll be picking Brian up from school and after we eat, we'll head to the class. I hate to drag him with me since I'm sure he will be bored but he can bring his Gameboy. There is so much material to cover that I normally run over the 2 1/2 hours but I'll need to try to get out by 9 if possible since it's a school night.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #12  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

good morning everyone!

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to some rainy-ness, although that has long since disappeared, and we have gotten some nice sunshine.

I made the chicken sage scallopine last night and it was delicious. Tonight we are having the spicy shredded pork, and since we love NC style bbq (Eastern!!), we made our own version of it. I will let everyone knows how it turns out tonight.

i hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks,
I'm sorry I haven't been too chatty lately. I've been feeling kind of blah, plus October is always a crazy busy month for me. But I'm still here on the beach.
cottage, I wanted to do a haunted house in the garage for the kids, but that's not going to happen this year, sigh. Well, there's always next year!
Ruth, sounds like a productive but relaxing day you've got planned.
Barbara, great job on the exercise. Last month I did pretty well, but this month not so good so far. I don't think I'll be making my goal this month.
Cat and dcapulet, have a good hump day!
sunflower, I know I'm wierd but I really enjoy those busy family days, as long as it's not every day! Happy Anniversary!
Kim, sounds like you've got a fun weekend to look forward to and get you through the week.
beachgal, enjoy your downtime this week. I'm sure you're glad the parents are stuck worrying about those kids this week.
Sunnybunny, you are a real good samaritan!
Barb, glad to hear that DH is on the mend.
pacer, hope you get caught up today.
sandstriped, post your recipe if it turns out well. My Mom's from NC and we love that type of barbeque too.

soo glad it's hump day. And we got a little rain and finally some seasonal weather. DH and I are about to run out and do some lunchtime errands. Guess I should go figure out something to eat before we go...
He did the shopping last week and did a fine job but brought home no fresh veggies, so I've been scrounging from the freezer and cans all week but I really need to get some while we're out. Makes me wonder how I'll get through the winter!
Going to try a southwest beef stew for dinner, I'll post if it's good.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi ya chicks, as promised I am back checking in. The day is a dismal one weather wise, but I am keeping myself busy so I don't eat. I had a big gain last night at TOPS, 4 1/4 pounds, I refuse to change my ticker but it did give me a kick in the butt to get back on track. hence the busy day.
Hope everyone is having fab day.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #15  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Morning Southies!

Looks like everyone has a busy day planned. I got a ton of great advice yesterday on my quest for weight training information, so today I'm going to put in to use. I'm going to the gym at lunch today and then I'm going to resist the urge to eat a petit fore at my co-worker's wedding shower this afternoon.

Little Chick - We all backslide at some point. At least you've recognized the issue and are addressing it.

Schmoodle - I never let DH go grocery shopping, you're a brave chickie!

Barbara - Pushups? I've heard about those, but I've never attempted one.

Pacer - Here you go I hope DD feels better, DH has been fighting that type of eye infection since June.

Sunny - Did you go to Woodrow Wilson in Beckley? I have friends that went there.

Cat - I love NSVs! The old guy that walks at our track asked me today how much I'd lost, and then told me that I was looking good from behind.

Phxsunflower - Happy Anniversary!

Cottage - I still need to decorate for Halloween, maybe I should just skip it and go straight to Christmas?

Dcapulet - Yoga is on my list of things I want to do soon. I've taken classes before but I need to track down the where/when. My gym is strictly no frills (no classes) so I need to check with some independent studios and get some prices.

I'm out of time so I"ll check back in later!
Closed Thread