Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #1  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Default Bloating and Cymbalta

Hi everybody!

I am on Cymbalta since a few months (60mg). Unfortunately, I still (or better to say: again) feel very sick with the pills...tired, vomitting, dizziness, nightmares, troubled sleep....But it helps a bit with my pain and I had a very, very unpleasant day as I forgot my Cymbalta a few weeks ago. But i have a HUGE exam in 7 weeks, so I donīt mess with my meds!

Ok, I just have one question: my stomach/ belly is horrible bloated. I look like pregnant! With twins. I seem to have lost weight at other parts of my body, so I doubt that itīs just massive weight gain. And it doesnīt feel like fat, more like...pregnant. And there is no way I could be pregnant!

Did anyone else expirienced the same thing?

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #2  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, Kate! I also take 60 mg of Cymbalta and have been on it since probably March or April. I have not experienced what you are going through. Perhaps you should speak with your doctor about it. It might be something completely unrelated, ya know?

I'm sorry to hear that you are still sick with the side effects. Have you mentioned it to your doctor? I had the nausea, but it cleared up within a week or two. I also experienced extreme fatique, but that, too, cleared up. I still have the dizziness on a regular basis, which is rather annoying. I have had difficulty sleeping for years (my mind races 100 mph and I have these very realistic but crazy dreams) so my doctor put me on Lunesta and now I sleep through the night (might wake up once, but I go right back to sleep) and I sleep well.

I know my post probably isn't much help to you, but I wanted to answer your question on whether anyone had experienced the same things you had.

Congratulations on your weight loss to date! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

aileen
BluePapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I've been on Cymbalta for a few years . . . I experience the bloating anytime I don't eat within an hour of taking this medication - get rather sick to my stomach as well. Are you taking it with food?

I've had "night terrors" since childhood (I"m 46) My psychiatrist prescribed "Imipram" or "Imipramime" at the same time as the Cymbalta - it's not a sedative and doesn't make me sleepy - but sure has taken away the troubled sleep/dreams - I know that for sure 'cause when I've been out of the Imipram - they come right back!

Let us know what you find out, won't you?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 AM   #4  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi!

Thanks for your replies!

I have an appointment with my Doc tomorrow morning- I hope I am a bit wiser afterwards!

And I try to take the pill with food. I didnīt do that all the time because I feel sick before I take it, afterwards...

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote