Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Smile My "weigh in" date is approaching

Well, August 10th is coming closer which is my first weigh in date after starting OA. My sponsor counseled me that the weight is important is keeping it honest but to remember it is a road of spirituality and not to focus on the physical.
My stretch shorts are feeling looser and I had the best yoga session today ever. I just have to remember to stay away from mirrors and full windows. I continue to enjoy reading the OA stories in my book and can relate in some way to all of them.
I love all of you on this site, and thank you for all your support.
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Bumps--that day is approaching, but you still have some time to prepare yourself mentally. You're doing so well and that's all that matters. Weight is just a number. Regardless of whether or not you're happy with what the scale says, remember that success is more about abstinence and how far you've come from where you were. This is as much a spiritual and emotional journey as it is a physical one. Maybe more so for some of us.

Just wanted to wish you the best. You've done so well so far!
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Ann, what you say is so true. I have been reading the Big Book and talking with my Sponsor. I guess I am feeling sad that at my age and the time in my life, here I go again. It's right up there witht the root canals. Any recommendations on how often I should weigh myself?
Bumps ...I see a big one approaching
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #4  
HeatherMouse

S/C/G: 180\175\131

Height: 5'4

Bumps
Thx for your honesty. I like what you said about it being a spiritual journey and not a physical one. I need to remember that. I 've heard even when you get to your goal weight you still have life to deal with. I seem to have it in my head that being skinny means being problem free. I also liked what you said about avoiding full windows and mirrors!Try to focous on all the gifts you've recieved being in OA that have nothing to do with weight loss. For me freedom from binging and obessesion of food is priceless.
heathermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey Heather-

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk?

You don't want no drama drama.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote