Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #1  

Default sad now

I am completely sad now. I stubbornly refuse to change my ticker, but how have I gained 2lbs overnight?! I didnt eat anything salty/very heavy yesterday, I dont have TOM because I tricycle pills etc etc, there is no reason except im a fat pig :-(

hate scales. hate food. hate hate hate

Sorry for ranting. I've eaten well today though at least.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:09 AM   #2  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

You are a sweet sweet girl. But I really think you need to get rid of your scale. If you're eating the calories you should be and in the right kind of foods and exercising at least 3 times a week...you will be fine, and you need to remove your dependence on that evil ball and chain of yours.

You are becoming a prisoner of your scale. You need to be strong!! We know you can do it....common!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hullo Cousin!

Those scales are bad news. If they are a cousin of my scales then they have a mind of their own. They have no morality whatsoever. They just put pounds on or take them off ON A WHIM! And they have relatives all over this board.

Pay no attention to them. They are not worth it. Rise above them, so to speak! Think about how your clothes fit and hang so well. Or how beautiful your cheekbones look.

Glad you've eaten well today. Carry on the good work!

(Don't apologise for ranting. Sometimes a person just has to, you know. )
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Honey...don't worry about it. My scales have been against me since sunday night. When i got up sunday morning they said 155. This morning...they said 157. There is no way I have gained any weight. I am POSITIVE it is water weight. I am excersizing almost every day for about an hour. I am constantly feeling drained in the mornings and somewhat sore. I know that,other than saturday nights drink fest, that i am eating healthy and on plan all the time. Don't let the scale make you feel like you are not doing a good job. I just figure it's not changing much because of my increase in activities lately. But one day....that baby is going drop and it is going to drop BIG TIME!!!! (hopefully by the end of the month, i would love to see 150!!!!) Anyways....as long as you are staying on plan with your eating and excersizing, don't worry so much about the number on the scale. As long as my new size 8 pants still fit me in the belly and not tight, then i know i am not messing up. Stay Strong!!! We can do THIS!!!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #5  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I've got an idea... Walk (don't drive) to your nearest Ikea, buy a scale, and bring it home. Then, follow these 4 steps:

1) Step on the scale
2) Read the weight
3) Step off the scale
4) If the weight from #2 makes you happy, stop here. If it doesn't, proceed back to #1. Repeat as necessary.

Why? Because "Ikea" is not only Swedish for "cheap," but also for "extremely inconsistent." You can gain or lose 2 pounds just by getting on and off an Ikea scale. This "feature" is annoying in some cicrumstances, but sure drives home that point that it's just a number!

Another alternative is to buy the scale, take it out back, and whack it with a sledgehammer. I've always wanted to do that.

Seriously, though, hang in there. In the greater scheme of things, 2 pounds ain't nothing.

kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw View Post
I've got an idea... Walk (don't drive) to your nearest Ikea, buy a scale, and bring it home. Then, follow these 4 steps:

1) Step on the scale
2) Read the weight
3) Step off the scale
4) If the weight from #2 makes you happy, stop here. If it doesn't, proceed back to #1. Repeat as necessary.

Why? Because "Ikea" is not only Swedish for "cheap," but also for "extremely inconsistent." You can gain or lose 2 pounds just by getting on and off an Ikea scale. This "feature" is annoying in some cicrumstances, but sure drives home that point that it's just a number!

Another alternative is to buy the scale, take it out back, and whack it with a sledgehammer. I've always wanted to do that.

Seriously, though, hang in there. In the greater scheme of things, 2 pounds ain't nothing.

kim

I agree stay away from the scale. I have a love/hate relationship with my scale.
Miss Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Emily,

FWIW, my weight goes up and down 3 pounds from morning to afternoon to morning again. It's water weight. So if I have been staying on my program, I don't freak out if the scale goes up.

And I don't weigh that often--I was just switching scales and trying to relate the two so I'd know how much to adjust.

Weigh once every day, if you like, but only record once a week. Always weigh at the same time of day.

Also, Emily, you're at a healthy weight now for your height. You can choose to be happy, or you can choose to be miserable. It's up to you! Really! Would I kid you?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Also, Emily, you're at a healthy weight now for your height. You can choose to be happy, or you can choose to be miserable. It's up to you! Really! Would I kid you?
What Jay said!

Whats with all the hatin' Emily? Embrace the beautiful person you are both inside AND out!!

I know personally that if it is humid out, I tend to fluctuate a lb or 3 overnight. If I am on plan, I am not going to stress over it. Let it go and move forward!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #9  

You are all right as ever, lovely ladies that you are...

The good news? I'm on holiday next week, so I HAVE to be scale free for 7 days! we're going 3 hrs away by car so im far away from them

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote