Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Muscle & Fitness Hers July/August

The gal on the cover certainly has awesome abs.

I've just skimmed this issue. The back stuff looks interesting.
Anybody find anything particularly noteworthy?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I just picked this up today based on your post, so I will take a look at it over the weekend & respond back! I also picked up Pilates Style, bc the 3, 2 ft stacks of magazines in my corner looked a little lonely.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #3  

I've not gotten around to having a better look yet. This work thing so interferes with my life.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #4  

OK, so just put your hand over the girls face & chest and tell me if she doesn't look like a man. That was my first impression!
Old 06-16-2007, 07:23 PM   #5  

OK, so here are my thoughts on the magazine. Overall, I thought this was a really good issue (size didn't even bother me! ) and I found myself wondering once again why they canceled my subscription and went to a retail only distribution.

1. Well, can I say, I love the training notebook - all of it. Is this new? So many quick facts that are usable. "Eating for Competition" was really cool to see -- who was it that was just asking about what kind of training to do to get ready to compete? Anyway, I found it very interesting that the 90 minute workout in the sample fitness competitor's was very similar to mine, on a good day.
2. The ad that starts on pg 20. I thought this was really a great section of the magazine until I noticed the footer. I loved how they gave you all the specific exercises to "look like a cover model" in one quick place.
3. I really enjoyed "Fit Foursome." When I first turned the page, I thought sure it would be an article about our own Meg, Mel, and Lydia in an Ohio Valley get-together! Sadly, it was not, but I enjoyed just the same.

But, so now we are not supposed to be grilling our food? Oh brother (p24)
Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #6  

I have liked the Eating for Competition page in both issues I've read. Working under the assumption that most of us wouldn't be quite so ... precise?? ... it's a pretty workable plan -or- at least the bones of a workable plan.

So how are we supposed to eat our meat? Raw? Boiled? Yeesh! I think I'll accept the risks of broiling and grilling
Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #7  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbabe View Post
3. I really enjoyed "Fit Foursome." When I first turned the page, I thought sure it would be an article about our own Meg, Mel, and Lydia in an Ohio Valley get-together! Sadly, it was not, but I enjoyed just the same.
They would so kick my butt. but it would be a lot of fun. Fran, you would have to be there too. There is no way I would want to participate in such a humbling experience alone.

If only you knew how I spent the weekend. Lets just say it was a group of college friends, spouses, children, a campfire and food that hasn't graced my pantry in about two years. Was it fun? Oh my. Yes. Fortunately the scale has not shown it's usual increase from too many carbs so maybe I was more in control than I thought.

Thanks for the heads up on the magazine SusanB and Fran. I'm adding it to my list of things to pick up today. I'm running low on protein powder anyway.

Have a great morning.

Oh, and I love your new avatar Fran! I keep forgetting to add that. It's nice to put a face with all of your great posts.

Last edited by Lydia227; 06-18-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:28 PM   #8  
here I go again...

I tried the "First to 100" on page 14. Tough, and I can really feel it (almost two days later), but in a good way Worth a try for something different.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote