Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/215/180ish

Height: 5'6

Talking Saying Hello

Hello to all,

Wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chrissy. I have struggled with my weight from the day I was born...LOL! I was a 10 lb. baby and my weight has always been a problem. Years ago, maybe 17-18 I did lose 100 pounds doing weight watchers. But, that was a long time ago.

My DH got his new health insurance in April. I was scared to call them to see if they covered gastric bypass. About 3 years ago when DH had a different job I did all my research and made the decision that I was going to persue gastric bypass. I was SO disappointed to find out that my hubbies insurance has exclusions on it! I remember I cried and cried!

Now we have the new ins. I was scared to call. I called them yesterday and they said that bypass is covered under my DH's policy I actually made his check again...and then ask a supervisor ! I let a few hours go by and because I couldn't believe what was happening I called again....and was told that it is definately covered!!! Guess what...I called a third time this morning I guess I'm in shock! I am also scared that this it too good to be true and that I will be told at the last minute that they were mistaken. I told that to DH and he tells me that I need to use my faith in God and that I should trust that things will be taken care of. DH said that the devil would love to put doubts in my mind and that I need to let God handle this all for me.....what a wonderful DH I hate

I've posted here on fat chicks years ago....some of you would remember me if I told you my screen name was....ThisIsMakingMeCrazy....and CrazyChrissy!

So, hello to Jiffy and Peach Pit...and Pookie and Leenie...it's me....Chrissy

I'm looking forward to this journey with you ladies and I know that what ever happens through all of this......I am not in control of if...it belongs to God!!

See ya,

Chrissy
FlourGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

darlin, where HAVE you been???? and yes, sometimes great things truly do happen!

soooo, where ya gonna start???
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #3  
Hippy Chick

S/C/G: 346/308/180

Height: 5'9''

Welcome back Chrissy and good luck with your journey!!!

I am so excited for you! It took me 5 months from the day I started after I got insurance to cover it- tests and consultations and support groups- it is all so worth it!!!

Melissa

Last edited by Sweet Melissa; 05-17-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/215/180ish

Height: 5'6

So glad to see someone remembers me!

Like I said in my post above...my starting point was with my insurance company. I was so afriad to ask them if they covered it....scared to be told no...again! So, after I got the "yes, we cover it you just have to have a BMI of (can't remember the number) and I do have a BMI higher then what they require...and I also have to do a supervised 6 month weight loss/exercise plan. At this point I will jump through whatever hoops they want me to jump through

I have an appointment with a surgeon next Tuesday. It's just to look over all of my insurance info and they will give me a pack of info that includes all of the paperwork to start my journey. Just pray with me that all goes well for me...please.

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to coming back and posting with everyone!

Chrissy
FlourGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

CHRISSY !!!!! what a wonderful blast from the past.

Good luck with your appt on Tuesday
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote