WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 05-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #1  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Default When you eat more than 1 serving....

I really want to do this the right way.

I heard at my meeting that baby carrots are 0 points for the first ten then go up 1 point for every next ten carrots. OK. Can someone verify this? 'cos I eat them...a lot.... And I heard something about peas being the same way but didn't hear their point value. Anyone know?

What other veggies are 0 but then go up as you eat another serving? Is there a definitive list somewhere? (been looking on WW website, can't find any). And are there veggies that are 0 and always stay 0 no matter how many servings you eat? I'm assuming it's the starchy veggies that go up?

Thanks a bunch!!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

If you are going to meetings they would have given you books with all that information.Easy to look it up.,
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #3  
the journey begins

I just started WW therefore have been to only one meeting and was given only one book. I've read and reread my book #1 and I don't see any info on what I'm asking. Can someone help pls?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:38 AM   #4  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Someone had shared here a wise piece of info from one of their leaders.

Keep track of how many 0 pointers or freebies you are eating and for every 5 you have, give yourself a point or add a point to your daily tally.

This way you know for sure you are eating within your range. Works for me!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

When I look it up on WW eTools, 10 baby carrots are 0.5 points. 20 are 1 point, 30 are 1.5 points, 40 are 2.5 points.

But you don't necessarily have to follow that. I do because I use the WW eTools. I would say that the 0 points for 10, and 1 point for each extra ten is just as good a rule to follow.

Edited to add - None of that stuff, btw, is in the WW books. I didn't learn that 0 point vegetables ARENT REALLY 0 points depending on the vegetable and how many servings you have until I started using the WW eTools online. I LOVE eTools and I don't track using paper anymore.

ALSO to speak to "more than one serving", when I did WW years back, if you ate something that was 2 points and then you had another one of those, you would count them both as 4 points. It also wasn't until I started using the WW eTools that I learned when the point system changed (from range to target) that this also changed! Now they expect you to add the calories/fat/fiber of the two together and THEN calculate the points. So it could be 3.5 or 5.5 or something like that depending on what the calories/fat/fiber is. A perfect example of this is canned soup.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #6  
the journey begins

Thank you very much sweetnsassyfied and modkittn. That's what I was looking for. WOW, I didn't know any of that modkittn.... hmmm kinda makes me nervous how much I don't know or think I know but am already doing things incorrectly.... My fear of course like most probably, is that I'm eating more points then I'm counting.

Let me make sure I got this straight.... If you eat more than a 0 cup food or more than one servings of something, you don't just double or triple the point value. You have to add the two, or whatever amount of servings you consumed of fat/fiber/cal together and THEN calculate?

VERY helpful info. I don't understand why this info isn't in a book or on a poster at the WW location?! I do not have a membership to eTools BUT since I don't find my local meetings to be helpful one bit, I may just go for the weigh-ins and subscribe online now.

Thank you very much!!