Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #1  
kamby

S/C/G: 212/212/160

Height: 5'0"

Default considering WW

Hi, Im considering weightwatchers, some people have mentioned it is good. What do you think about it? How long have you been on it, and how mch have you lost?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #2  

Hi Kamby!!!

i almost feel guilty answering this post since i have no great weight loss story. i do swear by ww though!!! This is my third time doing ww. Two times i joined and went to meetings and both times I lost 40 lbs. But, then I would slide off of going to meetings and keep less and less track of what I was eating. Both times I did keep the weight off for some time.

What i didnt like about WW was fitting the meetings into my schedule and the price of the meetings.

however what I love about WW is it seems the most realistic diet plan there is. On those days you just have to have a snickers bar well so be it. You just have to justify using your points for it. On the days that you do go overboard you can use your 35 weekly points to cover it so you dont have to feel that you really blew it.

I also love that WW is so popular that other websites and products will list food point values for WW. I love Lean Cuisine frozen dinners and they list WW point values. I really dont enjoy any of the WW brand food product

At tax return time, I purchased the deluxe home kit. So now I am following it at home. have you checked the forums here??? There are oooodles of WW support groups here!!!!

Kamby, good luck and let us know how you are doing!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #3  
Losing it :)

S/C/G: 175/149.5/135

Height: 5'1"

I did WW online before my pregnancy and lost about 20 lbs. I would have liked to have done the meetings but was overseas. I will be doing it again, this time with the meetings since I'm stateside.

Good luck, hun!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Studies show that people who belong to a weight loss support group lose more weight and keep it off. Any weight control plan is a struggle - if it wasn't, one wouldn't need to lose weight!!! WW is probably the best one overall that I have been on, and one that I will stick with. There are no "quick weight loss" promises, and they are clear that weight loss is a lifetime committment, and that I appreciate. You may get quicker numbers with other plans, but for the long term support and routine to manage one's weight, WW can't be beat. Best of luck!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

This is my second successfull time with WW. The first time I lost 70 pounds in the year before my sons wedding, but as soon as purchased my dress I lost my motivation. Went back a couple of time but the head was not in the right place. This time I joined Jan. 2006, I'm now at about the same point when I started lossing my motivation before. I've acutally taken it off a little slower this time but I have not stayed as strict to my points or as focused as I did before. I'm struggeling right now to get beyond that 75 pound loss and into onderland but I have had many distractions lately (son in hospital and such). This week I'm back to counting points, 5 days at Curves and some extra exercise thrown in. I will get that 75 pound star and into onderland and I could not have done it with out WW.

That's my story. Good Luck!!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I started with WW in August 2006, and so far have lost 75.2 pounds. I know deep in my heart that I could NOT have done it with out WW. They've taught me the things I need to know to be successful. Yeah, I know, eat less move more and you'll lose weight, but I still needed the help. The meetings also supply me with tons of inspiration and motivation, just like 3FC does, but on a more personal level. I needed (still need!) both to be successful!

While I have not tried any other methods of weight loss, I can say that WW is definitely a liveable lifestyle for the rest of your life. Give it a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #7  
Saavy?

S/C/G: 167/158/125

I lost 20lbs on ww before I started having babies. Now that my youngest is 3 I decided I can no longer blame my weight on that, or use it as an excuse to keep the weight on (like I did with my dd, "Well I'm just going to try again soon, so I'll gain it all back").

I wish this time I only had 20 lbs to lose! So far I've lost 3lbs, but what I like about ww is that everyone in the world doesn't have to know I'm on a "diet" if I don't want them too.

Plus it's so much easier when socializing with family and friends. Nothing is "taboo" so you don't have to seem picky or restricted.
I save up my flex points for our big family dinners and enjoy dessert too!

I love WW, and recommend it to everyone I know trying to lose weight.

Good luck to you!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:55 PM   #8  
Learning to love veggies

This is my first time trying WW and I really like it. My husband is also doing it with me and is very supportive. Our biggest problem is portion control, so this really helps us with it.

I had a bag of maltesers today (mmm chocolate), but I didn't feel guilty because I had enough points for it. WW doesn't shame you or tell you certain foods are off limits. That's what I like about it.

Oh and I also lost 6lbs my first week
Old 04-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #9  
kamby

S/C/G: 212/212/160

I went ahead and did Join WW yesterday... I went ahead with the FLEX plan because I never know what im going to end up eating. Im going to try to plan ahead and shop for healthier foods, and with my plan im allowed a daily of 26 points. I really like how they have the extra 35 as a cushin incase you mess up.

I hope this is what I will need to really get the weight off.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3

I love WW. I have tried a lot of different diets etc. but had never tried WW until I joined March '06. I would have liked to have done meetings but live overseas so I have done WW online...so far I have lost 47 lbs. and that is in 13.5 months.. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #11  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

So happy that you joined WW. The program works! In 2001 I joined at around 245 - lost 27 lbs. in 3 months but got off track and as the weight began to creep back up I lost interest. I will admit that it takes planning and committment to be successful at WW. There are so many new perks out there that will help you like the WW products and the 100 calorie packs - they are growing in abundance. Everytime I go to the store I think I see a new variation of what they offer. Good Luck and I know you will do great! Ü
Closed Thread