Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #1  
TonyB

S/C/G: 260+/235/160

Height: 5'9

Default Weight watchers weekly weight loss?

Hi I am new to this board and this is my first post. I have about a hundered pounds to lose and I have done every diet under the sun in the past 2 years. I have done
atkins
south beach
low carb
weight watchers
idiot prof diet
eating every other day
qod diet plan
counting calories
slim fast
diet pills

I could go on and on, and I am not any thinner than I was when I started dieting 2 years ago, In fact I weight the exact same thing and wear the same size's in clothes. I am done with dieting I am going to try to eat healthy and watch my portions, and I think that weight watchers is deff the easyist way to do that. I was just wondering how many pounds most people lose a week who are over 200 pounds? I just want to set a few goal's for my self, I have also been working with a personal trainer so that should speed up the weight loss 2 right? Thanks in adv!!!!!!!!!!!! -tony
Old 04-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

Hi and welcome Tony-
I joined WW one week and 4 days ago so I am fairly new, however hopefully I can be encouraging because my first week I lost 5 pounds. I stayed on the program faithfully and I walked 30 minutes a day. I tried to make my meals at home (I made a lot of WW recipes) because eating out is what gets me in trouble but I was on the run and stopped at Taco Bell and Wendy's one day. I stayed with in my point range and still lost. This is by far for me the best diet I have done. I wish you the best of luck and if I can be of any help please let me know!
Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #3  
banned

it depends. most lost 1-2 a week
Old 04-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #4  
TonyB

Wow jazzy! 5 pounds in 1 week that's wonderful!!!!!!! I hope that I can stay on the plan as well, I have a kit I bougt when I joined before, I am going to do it for a week and if I stick to it then I am going to rejoin! wish me luck

andreaphilip3- thanks, 1-2 pounds wow, that's slow but the slower it come's off the longer it stays off right?!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

My first two weeks were huge.....7 pounds week one, and about 5 pounds week two. After that for about 5 months I lost anywhere from 1 to 3.5 pounds a week, with no rhyme or reason as to the fluctuations. These last two months it has averaged more like a pound to pound and 1/2 per week. Again, that's an AVERAGE. Some weeks it's like .2, and others it's like 2.4...so who knows!! I just figure that as long as I'm on plan and exercising, I'm heading in a downward trend. What ever the loss is, I still weigh less than I did the week before, and that's a good thing!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #6  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

My husband and I started this program together and let me tell you... The weight just melted off him. Consistantly week after week after... I believe you get the idea. It got to the point to where I would tease him that if he sneezed he would lose another pound. ( Anytime he sneezed I would leap out of the way and say... Oooops, there goes another one!! or .. "Hey watch it! I was right behind you when that one blew!! )

Lets face it Men have an easier time of losing weight intially then women. It would not suprise me in the least if after your first week of a 7-10 pound loss. That you lose anywhere from 3 pounds plus weekly, your first few months on program. ( We started in January, my hubby around 310, and by April he was like 45 pounds down! )

Everybody is different. There are tons of variables. With my husband he had me cooking and fixing WW foods, plus dragging my darling out for walks twice a day. My best advice to you is... Enjoy the ride! Those intial losses will fuel you for more. Try to keep hold of the honeymoon stage of weight loss as long as you can. Set yourself up for the long run. This doesnt end, you are not on a Diet. You are out to change everything that got you fat and kept you fat in the first place. You want a life filled with health and vitality. Thats why we call this a Lifestyle change! Make changes You personally can live with.

Best of Luck to you. I look forward to laughing and learning how to live this along with you.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

The first week to three weeks of a program USUALLY yield higher losses because much of the loss contain water retention loss.

The average and safe weight loss is between 1/2 a pound to 2 pounds a week. Does this mean every week you will be in that range. No it means an average loss over the course of a month or two months should yield in this range.

Most weight loss professionals will tell you to NOT set a goal date to have your weight off because weight loss isn't an exact science. There may be weeks where you are 100% OP and show a gain or a maintain or you may hit a plateau (I've had several that were 6+ months long where I had no change on the scale however I did change shape and size).

Additionally the heavier a person is the easier the pounds seem to come off however that is not always true and also the closer you get to goal the harder the pounds seem to come off. I had a friend who it took nearly a year to get the last 5 pounds off.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #8  
Learning to love veggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB1023 View Post
Wow jazzy! 5 pounds in 1 week that's wonderful!!!!!!! I hope that I can stay on the plan as well, I have a kit I bougt when I joined before, I am going to do it for a week and if I stick to it then I am going to rejoin! wish me luck

andreaphilip3- thanks, 1-2 pounds wow, that's slow but the slower it come's off the longer it stays off right?!
You didn't gain 100 pounds in a week, so you won't lose it in a week either.

The slower you lose weight the more likely you are to keep it off. 2 pounds a week isn't very slow anyway, but because we are heavier we may lose more a week at first.

I lost 6lbs my first week at ww and am excited, but am trying to keep realistic for my next weigh-in!

Good luck
Old 04-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #9  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

I've had 2 weigh ins, my first one I lost 5lbs my 2nd I stayed exactly the same. Monday is my 3rd so I hope to see any kind of loss. I too figure as long as I'm staying within my points and exercising I'm doing good. I like doing WW as it makes me think about what I'm going to eat instead of just mindless eating. I really like this program and love my meetings.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #10  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Hi there and I commend you for researching more about the WW program. The program works. Don't look at my stats to determine that right now Ü ~ in 2001 I was around 245 - went on the WW program and lost 27 lbs. in 3 months. The program was working but I stopped working at it. I am not going to lie to you - it takes preparation, time and a committment to researching and planning your food and meals. Over the past 6 years I put back on that 27 lbs. and more. I tried every new program under the sun including many of the ones you mentioned above....but my heart was always on WW - I was lazy, wanted a "magic" diet pill that would give me overnight success....but as we all know that just isn't possible. When WW came out with the "monthly pass" I think I died and went to heaven....it was the "push" I had been looking for and I am committed this time to lose the weight. I am just finishing my 8th week and hope to reach the 15 lbs. mark at my WI on Tuesday. Yes, I would have hoped for more....but I have lost several inches, I have more energy, I am sleeping better at night and my attitude has totally changed. I wish you luck and take it from someone who tried it....lost it and am back again - it WORKS! Good Luck.....
Old 04-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

TonyB - Welcome to WW!!!! With them, I have lost (and MAINTAINED) a weight loss of over 65 lbs for quite some time! Perhaps the best advice I can give you is to GIVE UP THE HOPE OF AN AVERAGE WEEKLY WEIGHT LOSS. Seriously. I have found that calculating weight loss in a linear fashion (i.e. 2lbs a week x 10 weeks = 20 lbs!!!) because it might be MORE or LESS (unfortunately) than that. And if it is LESS, then you will feel like crap, be frustrated, tempted to cheat, and, well, you know the rest (STUPID program, HATE it, WON'T DO IT anymore, etc...) A three-month, 100% adherance to the plan, with exercise incorporated, and THEN an overall assessment of the plan will keep you motivated. Don't worry - it WILL work and it IS worth it!!! Keep us informed!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #12  
TonyB

Thanks to everyone for the great advice and replys! I am very excited about the program and look foward to getting and hopefully giving lots of advice and becoming a success story and mabe inspire someone to get ahold of their fitness and health! thanks so much! -TonyB1023!!!!!!!
Closed Thread