Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #1  
banned

Smile weight watchers circle of friends

this thread is for people looking for daily support along their journey. we are a group of people who support each other along the way&all are welcome
Old 03-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #2  
DEBBIE

S/C/G: 286.4/167.8/160.0

Height: 5.4

Default hi

Hey ANDREA How are you doing ?

It does not look like there is going to be any one post on here either .
I will post daily if i can and i will keep in touch with you !!!
Thanks for all you have done to keep the challenge going but what else could you do !!
I will check back tomorrow sometime ,
Old 03-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #3  
Peg

S/C/G: 161.4/140.2/130

Height: 5'3

Hey guys, How are you doing. I cannot believe the people all dropped from the challenge. Hope you guys are having a good weekend and stayng OP. walk away from the bad food, lol. Hey all, been a super long day. My 10 yr old and I left at 8:20 this morning to go to her school festival thing that they were involved in with tons of other schools. Then left there and shopped all day long, did not get home till 9:00 PM, so we were gone over 12 hours, my hubby had the 2 little ones all day, welcome to my world. We went to the mall, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Bought spring and summer clothes for all 3 kids, my 10 yr old has to try on everything as she is so tiney, wears like 6X still, but even them are too big a lot, or like swim suits, mediums would be too big and smalls too small etc. So long day, lots and lots of walking. I am exhausted. Peg
Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #4  

Hey everyone! I only post on one thread here anymore, Steel Magnolias, but I have been on WW since Feb 3 and have lost 12 lbs so I am thrilled and thought I would join you all if you don't mind having an old lady in your midst! . My husband, though only needing to lose 30 lbs instead of 200 has lost 13 lbs on it. We didn't even decide together. I just came home from signing up the first day and ask him politely to look the stuff over and see if he would be interested. He had a heart attack in 2003 and then emergency double bypass last Sept so I have been trying hard to cook lowfat meals since then. He eats very little fruits and veggies, but after a day of me being on it and he seeing that he can eat what he wants if he stays on points, he jumped in whole hog. We now plan our "eating day" the day before. He has a spreadsheet and we decide what we want for the next day's dinner meal, set it up with points than make our breakfast, lunch and snack choices around it. It works out great that way! I have learned to buy meat and portion it into freezer bags in 8 oz portions for (4 oz apiece) when I get home from the grocery store and it is truly amazing how you can eat this portion and it be filling and fine. I think you will find you spend less money too. I buy only lower fat cuts of meat, which can be expensive, but for example a lb of ground sirloin, makes two meals for us.

I want to be down to 300 lbs by August 29th as we leave for Las Vegas on that day and none of my capris and dress pants fit me! I am at 350 as of Friday so that is a scant 2 lbs a week and I know I can do it! I am going to be upset in July if I have to go out and buy a summer wardrobe for Vegas. Anyway, I will try and post daily and will watch for the next month's challenge because I missed the St Paddy's one.

I walk a mile everyday, but starting tomorrow am uping it by 1 tenth each week. Memorial Day our pool opens so I then spend everyday in the pool for an hour and I love that. I do water aerobics and swim laps with no stress on my knees and joints.

Oh, I am 53, have two grown and married kids, one grandson, Thomas, who is 6.5 (my avatar) and a new grandson due June 5th who will be named Jack (my ticker) I am a stay at home and love it. I knit all the time, churning out all sorts of stuff and love to read. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a tabby named Butterscotch. My husband is retired Navy and works for the City of Memphis. That's about as exciting as I get! lol

Peg: Where is Hunterstown? I grew up in Northwest Indiana and my son and dil live only 4 blocks from Notre Dame.

Faye
Old 03-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

This is the kind of thread that I need to get in on. I've come so far, but I've had a serious lack of motivation lately and have just maintained for about 3 weeks now. I think that I know I'm close to being out of the 200's and it's a little scary. What will I blame all of my problems on if it isn't being fat?

So, hello to all of you!
Old 03-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #6  
banned

hi guys!

how goes it deb? buying kids clothes is alotta work!

welcome mom2q... im looking fwd to getting to know you!

theres a march challenge thread if youd like to hop on that one. is that the one you mean? or did someone do a st p day chall?

heya peg! hows it goin? did i miss anyone? i hope not!!
Old 03-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #7  
Peg

Hey all, Andrea, it was me that was buying kids clothes, and it was tiring and challenging. I live in Huntertown Indiana, which is just north of Ft. Wayne. I am married and have 3 kids, 10 yr old daughter, 5 yr old son and 3 year old daughter, so very busy and I am a part-time social worker. I have only lived in Indiana for 5 years, borna nd raised in Iowa, but did live in Arizona for 3 years also. I have been on WW since Dec. 28tha nd have lost almost 24 poinds, only have 3.2 to go till original goal for ww, but now that i am so close, i actually want ot lose 5 more then that, so 8.2 not or maybe even 13.2 but that is the most. anyhow, nice talking to andrea and deb as always and welcome to the rest of you all. peg
Old 03-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I'll jump in....I mostly post on the 100lb club threads, but started out in this forum. I still love to do the small challenges and am also posting on the St. Paddy's Challenge.

I started WW August 8th, 2006. My re-birthday. The day I decided that what I want and need to be healthy and live a long life are just as important as the wants and needs of my family. DH and I have been married for almost 20 years, we'll celebrate that anniversary in the fall. DS will be 17 in about a week and a half and is a Junior in HS. DD is 14 1/2, 8th grade, and is a world champion dancer; I spend the majority of my time getting her to practices and competitions.

As of yesterday I've lost 70 pounds with WW! It's almost hard to imagine that, and I'm the one who lived it!

Mamawdebbie and Mom2QJandT I can see you're both knocking on the door to onederland, how exciting! Mom2QJandT, I can relate so well to your apprehension about onederland! Just remember that not only is your body getting healthier, but you're also gaining self confidence and becoming a new and better you. You're on your way! I remember making it to onderland just a little while back, and I didn't acknowledge it on my tickers or profile until I was at like 195....I was sure that if I recognized it, something would happen and the scale would show that dreaded "2". Relax and keep working the plan, you'll both be here in no time!

Faye, how exciting that your DH is doing the plan with you! That has to make for an endless supply of motivation and support! 50 pounds by August 29th? Absolutely! You can do this! In fact, I'm sure that if you work the plan, and I know you know how to do that, you will surpass that goal! Look out Vegas, here you come!

Peg, oh the shopping! I feel for you! My DD is 4'11-1/2", and weighs in at about 95 pounds. She is such a struggle to buy for! Her body is curved like that of any other girl of almost 15, yet she's small enough that many of the Juniors clothing is too big, even the size 0's. When we go into the girls department, the clothes are cut more boxy for the younger girls who don't have a shape yet. And shoes? Eeeeck! Most places don't have dressier shoes, etc, in a childrens size 4......or even an adult size 5.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and the fam, have a good week everyone!
Old 03-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #9  
Peg

Kelly, yes, my 10 yr old well, actually 10 1/2 is barely 50 pounds and very short, she is the tiniest in her class and other kids in her class look like they are 3 or 4 yrs older then her, she fits size wise with the 1st and 2nd graders and even has kindergardners bigger thenher. last year she wore size 5's and she was in 4th grade, so kids her age were wearing you know, more mature clothing and the things she could fit into were cutey things for like preschoolers and kindergardners, looked way too babish for her age, we are actually into 6x and a few 7 slims now, but she is in 5th grade. kids her age are shopping at some of the stores for older kids and even their extra smalls are too big for her. so it is sooo hard. she is so tiny and thin and has not curves, so things are absolutely huge on her around the waist and if we finally get them to fit around the waist, then they are too short, even though she is short, they still end up too short. so it is soooo hard. then like swim suits, smalls were too small and mediums were too big. and yes, shoes, she wears shoes that kindergarnders would wear size wise, so again, hard to find shoes that are not too cutsey and babish and she cannot find things like kids her age wear. soooo frustrating. i always tell her it is nice to be tiny and for her to be thankful she is thin and hopefully she will stay that way, but this is to an extreme of being tiny. my hubby cannot figure out why it takes us forever to shop with her and cannot figure out why i am so frustrated when we get home from shopping instead of it being a thrilling day.. ok, enough about all that. hope all have a great week. peg
Old 03-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #10  

Good morning to you all! It is going to be gorgeous today, in the upper 70's here. I can't wait for Memorial Day weekend as our pool opens and I live right across the courtyard from it and even have my own key that the condo association president gave me so I can swim early in the morning before the pool opens for the day. That is also the weekend before the baby is born so it is all exciting around that time. We can't wait for the new grandbaby.

Oh, I didn't say that I had been married for 34 years! Snagged the sailor right out of high school! He was from southeast New Mexico and as I said I am a born and bred Hoosier so it was interesting. I had never had Mexican food and Taco Bell didn't even exist in my part of the world. It was a real culture shock. My church teased him and said he talked funny (that Texas drawl) but then we all talk through our noses so.....

Peg: My grandson is a little stick. He is really tall but as skinny as a rail. I made him 3 sweaters for Christmas this last year and only one fit him. His cardigan was too short, the blue pullover was not right either, but the rolled neck sweater fits and his dad told me at his scout banquet last week he wears it all the time. I guess Thomas said the girls like it! Everybody, from old ladies to cute little girls love that red hair! Kelly hasn't complained about buying him clothes too much, but she does ask that I don't buy him clothes without her along because he is so lanky. Congrats on the lbs you have lost so far!

Kelly: Teenagers, groan! I wouldn't do that again for a million $$$. Doesn't matter how wonderful they are, it is a pain to raise teenagers! My son is 33 and my dd is 29 so there were no cell phones, ipods, etc etc when they were growing up and thank goodness. We couldn't have afforded them on a sailor's salary anyway. Congrats to you on your overall fabo losses too! That is just wonderful.

Andrea: I didn't see the March challenge, just a St Paddy's day and I am a little late for that one. I will just jump in on the April one.

I am trying to increase my walking .1 per week until Memorial Day so I should be walking at least a couple miles a day by then. About 3 years ago, I was up to around that everyday and even did a 5K walk for Breast Cancer, but I gained back 60 lbs and went back to sluggish ways of walking very little though I always kept up with the pool because I love it so much. I have a long way to go, but I am willing to wait for it to come off slowly. I just want to enjoy my older years without the encumberance of all this weight on my joints.

What kinds of things do you ladies do for enjoyment? Like I said, I am a knitting fiend and I love to read. I like to cook too, but have cut back on that with being on a good program. I still cook, but not all that fatty dessert stuff etc.

Well, I see by the clock it is almost 7. Going to get my shoes on and get out for my walk in just a bit.

Everyone have a super Monday and make it an OP day!

Faye
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #11  
DEBBIE

S/C/G: 286.4/167.8/160.0

Height: 5.4

Default Hi

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

WOW-Im glad there are more people doing this board because it makes it fun and interesting to hear from people all around the states !!

Since there are several new ones coming on board i will give you a run down on myself!!!

Im 46 years old and live in Kentucky( born in Columbus, Indiana but lived here most of my life ) and i have been married 29 years this coming July and i have 3 children ages-DS-28 , DD-22 , DS-14 , AND TWO GRANDKIDS AGES
DGD-5 , DGS-2 1/2Love them all dearly . Im a stay at home mom but i do child care in my home and i am registered and certified by the state so i make pretty good money doing it !! I watch three kids that are 4-3-2 , They are all brothers and sister !! I love doing it because i can be here for my grandkids and my 14 year old when needed !!! You know how those teens can be sometimes !! LOL

Been doing WWs since June 06 and have lost 77.4 lbs and want to lose 100
lbs. then i may go for more !!-I also cant wait to see the 200s gone forever . Started out at 286.4 lbs now at 209 lbs. I feel so much better now and can only imagine what i will feel like when i get where i want to be!!!

Well that enough about me and to all of you that i do not know but hope to get to know you more as we go along !!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #12  
banned

good mornin everyone!

welcome boater a grand baby is exciting.... its nice that you have a private key too!

gma ill go bump up the thread for ya bc i cant speak for the spd thread but my monthly challenges are for everypone that wants to joinn in at any time.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106003

have a good day everyone!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #13  

Hi there I am a leftover from the core/flex challenge and would like to be part of this group too!
Here is a quick run down of my life:
47 years old, married for 22 years, daughter 19 soph in college, son 13 in 8th grade. Work for a payroll service provider for 15 years now and enjoy about every type of craft with the exception of scrapbooking which I haven't tried yet. Currently in my free time my sister and I quilt on our days off
Oh I live in Northern California, about 18 miles south of San Francisco in a small town on the coast.

Last year my challenge was to lose weight and I lost about 15 lbs total. This year in addition to another 15 to lose I would like to increase my exercise with the purpose avoiding additional medications. My blood pressure is undercontrol but now I have to work on my sugars

I will also do my best to check in every day!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #14  
banned

hi guys!
liz im happy you found us keep pluggin
Old 03-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #15  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

S/C/G: 275.5/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Hi fellow Weight Watcherers!

I am a stay at home mom to a wonderful active 14 month old little girl named Destinee and I'm also a full-time college student doing classes online. I started Weight Watchers in January 2007 but didn't start following it correctly until the middle of last month. Since Feb. 28th, though, I've lost 2 pounds so I'm down to 254 now. My mini goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the month and get to 200 by July 28 when I get married.
Again, just wanted to stop by and say hi!
Closed Thread