Old 02-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/179/140

Height: 5'3"

Default motivation to keep going!!...?

Ok, I know someone is like me in this respect. I get all amped up to lose weight and have a better life. I go at it for a while and then I get lazy. Its always been the case. What should I do to keep it going? I DO want to lose the wait but whats the deal, does this happen to anyone else? If so how do ya'll overcome it?
cotinara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Well, this is gonna sound really simplistic but basically you just keep going even when you don't feel like it.

I'm not saying I always do this--I just had a week where I seriously just ate whatever. It was my birthday and after that, I don't know.. I took a break for a bit. But I KNEW it wouldn't last forever, and now I have to get serious again. As this happens to me fairly frequently compared to some dedicated people here... I often come back to 3FC bemoaning how I need to get back on track.

But I DO always get back on track, because this is for life. I'd much rather be eating chips right now than drinking chai tea, but here I am paying my dues. I'm just doing what I gotta do even though I don't feel like it. Motivation comes and goes and it's great when I'm feeling it, but when it's not there I just do my best to stick with it.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #3  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Yeahh, I'm with surferchick on this one-- it definitely happens to all of us, and the way to get through is try to keep your head up, even when you don't feel like swimming.

I have a friend who runs cross country track, and she used to tell me that part way through her run, she would always hit a slump where it hurt to keep running. She used to say of this, "when the walls are closing in, the only thing to do is fight the roof!" As a result "fight the roof!" has become my little mantra for when I feel that I can't keep going on my weightloss journey.

Also, I keep around a little string bikini that I plan to wear at the beach with my boo this summer... putting that on makes me want to look fabulous, and renews my resolve.

Good luck! You can do this!!
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/205/150

Height: 5'6

Jersey,
Is that avatar you? Great abs, if so...what's secret?
Giovanni Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

All I can tell you to do is keep your mind on the bigger picture. Before I lost weight I would go on these quick fix diets, lose a couple pounds, feel great, and then CRASH! I hated the thoughts of a balanced diet and intentional exercise. I wanted instant results.. lol I didn't want to wait months. But, I began reading inspiring success stories of people who lost weight, some alot more than I needed to lose by sticking it out for the long haul. To see the transformations in most cases, less than a year was pretty motivating. I developed a "If she can do it, I can do it" attitude. I joined a gym, exercised regularly and began making better food choices. I'm not saying I turned into a health food junkie as I still love my carbs and occasional fats (in moderation) but I definately came to the realization that to lose a significant amount of weight, AND KEEP IT OFF.. it takes time... finding motivation may be difficult, but when you do lose the weight and you look back on how far you've come you'll appreciate all the effort.
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote