UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:08 AM   #1  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Unhappy Losing my way

I've posted something very similar to this in another forum so forgive me if you think you've seen it before. As anybody who knows me "in real life" knows, any eating plan of mine lasts 3 weeks. This time this is week 6. I fell off the wagon big style after 3 but the difference is that I got back on because of the support heree. Well I've come crashing off again and i don't know what to do.

Last week, with the exception of a couple of good days, I ate solidly. I weigh on a Wednesday and i really haven't stopped eating since then. I think one of the reasons is because I'm going to Italy tomorrow and won't be worrying about calories then and I've just let this week slip by. The problem is i don't know how to get my head back into it when I come back. I really can see me just giving up which sounds pathetic but does anybody got any suggestions as to how I can get "it" back please?
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #2  

Aaw don't give up Doughnut, you've already come twice as far as normal so that has to be a good thing! I know that getting 'it' back after you feel you've lost it is always hard...but it is always possible too! You need to be in the right frame of mind, have something that will really motivate you to carry on.

Why not try writing down all the pro's and con's about losing weight? I guarantee you'll find it a lot easier to fill out the pro's list and sometimes going back to it when you're feeling low and reading what you wrote makes a big difference.

And of course, it you're going to Italy - where better to buy that gorgeous outfit that's a size too small to hang on your wardobe door? Each time you look at it then there'll be another reason to get back on the wagon and refresh your eating plan. Tomorrow is always a new day, a new beginning and the perfect time to start on the eating plan that will change your life for the better
bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

to Doughnut

Okay... Doughnut - there is no hard and fast rule that you HAVE to stick to the same diet programme all the time. Sometimes it works better if you swap and change between them for a week or two - stops you getting bored and stops your body getting used to the changes. I found it easier to just cobble together my own, taking all the best bits from the various different diet plans around and making changes whenever I feel like it.

Don't get disheartened - I've fallen off the wagon more times than I can count but in the grand scheme of things a few days off plan doesn't REALLY matter - I just start afresh as soon as I feel motivated. There is absolutely no point in beating yourself up about it, you'll just feel more stressed about the whole thing and start to think of it as a punishment - whereas you SHOULD be trying to see what permanent changes you can make that fit in with your lifestyle - so that you don't have to go through this all over again.

Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:40 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yeah what Sarah said - Man I fall off that wagon every weekend it seems And then you just get right back on, because you'd be a heckuva lot worse off if you stayed down.

As someone's siggy says, "Failure isn't falling down, failure is not getting back up." Or words to that effect.

Go to Italy, eat like your skinny friends, come home, carry on. Go to gym, eat healthily, because THIS IS WHAT YOU DO NOW. It's not about starving for 3 weeks then putting it back on, it's not about cutting out chocolate for a month until you lose x amount of pounds, it's about getting healthier, day by day, step by step, pinstep by pinstep. If you keep getting back up, then that is progress from falling down and staying down

Keep posting here, we'll see you right
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote