Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Default Question from Newbie....

Ok, so I'm new in this particular area of 3FC. And I have been going to the gym and lifting (for toning, not mass) plus cardio for about a month now. I had got down to my goal weight last week, and I was so excited...however when I weighed this week, I was a pound up. WTF?? I just recently read a post about retaining water to repair muscle damage, so that could be the culprit, but I have no idea as to why I gained a pound. Because my eating habits haven't changed...and if anything they've been better....

So I'm just looking for some advice...Thanks!

Carrie
Cheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #2  

My weight fluctuates daily. First, I am 2-4 lbs heavier in the evening than in the morning. Second, a lifting day is an automatic 2 lbs on the scale, but then it disappears. Third, if I have an extra glass of liquid, I'm up until it works its way out of my system.

The standard I use whether assessing if I've lost or gained lbs is- if I'm the same weight for 5 days straight, it's real. Otherwise, it temporary.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Oh gosh, this could be so many things! Your weight is not going to be like clockwork, and it could have easily been a pound in the other direction. Where you are in the month, if you ate something a little salty before that would cause you to hold on to some extra water, food in your digestive tract that hasn't come out yet (to be polite about it). I think most people keep a 3-4 pound range as normal for themselves and as long as they hover in that range, they're doing alright.

Have you ventured over to the maintainers board yet? There's alot of great people over there who could probably reassure you even more than I can. Congrats on your weight loss -- you've done a great job and are a wonderful inspiration for us!!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Well thanks ladies...and I weigh pretty much everyday, so I'm aware of how my body fluctuates for the most part. So I was kind of astonished...but today the scale dropped back down....so I can breathe a sigh of relief!

Thanks!
Cheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

There ya go!! Good, I'm glad! Hang in there!! You're doing all the right things
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote