Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #1  
sfj

Default Have a question...

I've been doing this getting in shape thing long enough, you would think I would know this.

BUT that being said, I have not been on top of things for a good few years.

I am wanting to lose 31 pounds by July 7th. I'm getting remarried then and will be going on my dream honeymoon.

Thats just over 1 pound a week.

More importantly I want to lose inches in the waist and boobs.

Now the question. How do I know what freaking size clothes to buy for then!!!! I have to buy "summer" stuff now or it will all be gone.

I ordered my dress in the size I wear now, knowing I can have it taken in.

But pants and shirts? And swim suit!!

AGH!

I figured I could lose at least 1 pants/dress size by then.

Does that sound about right??
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm, slippery slope here for ALOT of reasons!! I have bought ahead, but as I lost more weight, decided to stop bc it started becoming important for me to try on the clothes now to see how they fit and look on my body. When it was all stretch pants and baggy tops it seemed not to matter, but now it does.

That said, my general rule is about 1 size per 10 lbs, esp. if you are weight lifting. If you are looking at 31 lbs, one size down from current will be too big. I would go safe with 2 sizes, but maybe even 3 if you are doing alot of lower body weight training. 2 is probably good, that way they'll still fit during and at the end of the honeymoom when your eating tends to be less restrictive.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 AM   #3  

Quote:
But pants and shirts? And swim suit!!
Lands End and LL Bean should still have casual summer clothing closer to summer.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Boy, that's tuff. It depends on how tall you are and where on your body you lose the weight the most. I agree that 10 pounds per size is a good rule of thumb, but, honestly, I'd hold off on buying too much stuff until you are closer to your trip. Focus on buying things now that you KNOW will fit, like nighties and panties, and save actual clothes for later when you are closer to your goal. The stuff won't be all gone from the stores by then. In fact, you'll probably get better prices because things will start going on sale. Congrats! You are going to have so much fun! What a lucky girl you are!
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #5  

wait till 6 weeks before and order stuff online. It's always summer, somewhere.
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #6  
sfj

Thanks guys.

I havent ordered that much.

Just my dress. Since it isnt a real wedding dress it should be a lot easier to alter.

2 tops and 2 pairs of pants.

Oh and the cutest shoes at fredericks. Espadrilles, they are too cute.
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote