Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #1  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Default Loggin in

I am quite annoyed that the option for being remembered is already ticked as I have ommitted to cancel it and I do not want my u.n./password to be automatically kept.
Please can you adjust this?

Last edited by emaline29; 01-17-2011 at 07:05 PM.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

emaline - This would be a setting within your browser. If you delete your cookies or even just your cookies for 3FC, then you should be able to fix it. It is just the cookie on your local system keeps the login information.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #3  
emaline29

Sorry but can you explain that to me in a bit more detail as I havn't a clue as to what you mean...
Old 01-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

nelie has logged out, so I'll try.

Your Username and Password are being stored on the physical hard drive of your personal computer.

It's being stored there by your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, whichever you're using) in the form of a "cookie" - the universal name of a smidgen of info saved about a site by your browser. Another example is the size of shoes last ordered from Sears Roebuck, or your library card number.

It is not visible to any of us logged on anywhere else.

If you are the only user of your computer and you keep it protected by a password, then your 3FC User Name and Password are protected by that.

To remove it from your hard disk, try one of:
  • Log off from 3FC instead of just closing its window; that will likely do the trick.
  • Delete those cookies related to the 3FC site. You do this with your browser.
  • Delete all your cookies. This is actually a good idea to do this now and then because one gets so many that it slows down the system. One then is required to reenter the size of their shoes should they order more, but it's not a big deal.
Hope that helps. Feel free to ask further - there are geeks about who might explain it better.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 01-19-2011 at 01:26 PM.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

If you no longer wish your password to be remembered, you should delete your browsing history and cookies. Cookies are the tracking devices that remember where you've been in your web browser; if you start typing www.goo - it will auto complete and show you the full www.google.com URL.

I'm running Internet Explorer 8 so it might vary slightly for you:

First, log out of 3FCs.
Then go to tools on your top menu
Select "Delete Browsing History"
If you want most of the history of where you've been deleted, I'd recommend making sure Temporary internet files, cookies, history and passwords are checked then press the delete button at the bottom of the window.

Depending on how many cookies you have this would take a bit. It should then be unaware that you've ever visted the site before and won't remember your username or password.

Keep in mind if you have passwords saved for other websites, it will remove those as well.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #6  
emaline29

Thanks very much indeed!
Very informative...