Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #16  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Will fees begin being charged?
Oh my. That would certainly change things up a bit.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It isn't like it is The Biggest Loser site As far as I know, there aren't any plans to change anything except ownership.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Interesting coincidence that there is this server problem the day after they announce the change of ownership.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I'm having trouble too!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #20  

I hope we don't get a ton of ads here. I used to love LOVE fitday but it has too many ads now.

And TDP rocked until LS bought that out.
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #21  
it's always something

No fees will be charged

The ads you see and that you have seen since Spring are theirs, so you shouldn't expect to see anything change in that respect.

The site has been on their servers since around May without any snafus. The site outage today was unfortunate timing I don't know what the problem was, I just know I'm not the one that had to fix it
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #22  
Taking care of me.

Glad the site is back up. The air in my office was blue yesterday because I couldn't get here. I'm working lots of overtime to finish a project before I leave for the holiday and 3FC is my stress relief.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 242/in progress/132?

Height: 5' 7"

Only a matter of time, dear Chickies, before things change. It is inevitable. For now, things will be the same, but lets face it, corporations want to increase profits thru tie-ins, ads, and so on. Expect to be routed thru another site within the year, and more ads of a different nature...
Sigh
misskimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #24  
it's always something

Miss Kimothy, I really am not sure why you keep posting hostile messages about this. With all due respect, you've been here a very short time and cannot be familiar with the history of this website and how how it compares now to previous years. For the record, when the site was sold many months ago the ad banners were immediately decreased, not increased.

Your expectation are without merit and I hope you will relax a little. Your world is not going to change for the worse
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #25  

Sorry, Suzanne if you see my post as hostile...merely expressing the sentiments of surprise and quite frankly dismay that were expressed earlier in this very thread by others especially since the first most of us heard about the acquisition was in the first of this thread dated 11-10-2009, just a few days ago.

And I don't know exactly what you mean by "keep making posts that are hostile". This is only the second post on this thread (and I am only posting in direct response to yours) and one other telling a member that in fact this site was sold! So I've made 2 posts about this, neither of which were hostile, just perhaps realistic because you have to admit, the change from a family-based website that was created specifically as a place run by women who have experienced what the majority of us have experienced, to one run by a corporation for profit does kind of change perhaps the feel of the intent of this site for us small posters, don't you think? I've seen the publicity about this website for a long time, and read your book and am aware of your public appearances and your mention in O magazine, so although I haven't been on this site for a long time, the origins and intent of the site is definitely out there in the public forum and that was what attracted me to actually screw up the courage and publically participate online (my first site ever!) in this forum.

In any event, I wasn't trying to be hostile and I'm sorry if you were offended by what I said. I wasn't trying to be argumentative, I was just EXPRESSING the views of quite frankly a number of us, which is also what I honestly thought this site encouraged.

Last edited by misskimothy; 11-14-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #26  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

You don't see why Suzanne views your posts as hostile? Really?

Your comment in the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskimothy View Post
This site was fun while it lasted..

Yeah - I'd call that hostile.

Yep, this site encourages expression - but not at the expense of personal attacks - and that's what much of the criticism has been - thinly veiled (and often not so thinly) criticism of the owners of this site for their decision. Snide and yes even hostile comments, and dour predictions with little or no evidence to support the criticism (and a system outage after 9 months of ownership is very poor evidence. An outage like this can and does happen to any site. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not - but certainly not signs of a great conspiracy).

I can certainly sympathize. Whenever a company gets too big for the original owner to handle, they face a lot of criticism from customers. Some of it warranted, but most of it just a reflection of a fear of change - rather than the actual changes that result.

Nine months under the new management, and no one noticed. Now it's an issue?

The timing of the problems is unfortunate, and conspiracy theorists will never believe in coincidence, but having worked in systems support for one of the top insurance companies in the US, I know there's a Murphy's Law aspect to some of these things.

It's easy to armchair quarterback - especially when you don't know the work it takes to maintain a system like this when it outgrows the management.

Given the alternative of having no 3FC (because it became unmanageable and had to be sacrificed) and a 3FC that "may" change (and for that matter might change in a positive direction), I'll take my chances and be grateful for them.

I understand the fear of change, but that is no excuse for the hostility being hurled at former ownership (especially since management and moderation hasn't changed key personel). Easy to judge when it's not your life and livelihood that's being impacted.

Whether this site changes or not - and whether or not I am happy or not with those changes - I'll make comments on the actuality not prognostications of doom.

I'll reserve judgement until I SEE changes I don't like, not criticise on changes that might or might not happen. I've known many businesses that have declined after a transfer of ownership - but I've seen just as many improve the quality of service. A site outage can happen to any site, any time, and coincidence or not, it's unfair to assume that this problem is a harbinger of worse to come.

Since ownership transfered 9 months ago, I'd call that a pretty good indication that changes will be made conservatively.

Even without a change in ownership, there are never guarantees that a site like this will not change. Change happens - for a variety of reasons.

Gripe if you want to, but doesn't change the fact.

Last edited by kaplods; 11-14-2009 at 03:40 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Well I hope you POWER CHICKS made a lot of $$$$ ~ You deserve it!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #28  

Sorry Kaplods. I personally think that some read way too much into posts to see things that really aren't there. I don't really care much who owns the site. I will say that I didn't know about the turnover until I read the thread dated 11-10-2009. I am saying that I am not the only one who has expressed reservations about what this means on this thread, so I would appreciate NOT becoming a lightning rod for this issue. I am saying that I am not the only one who feels a bit uncomfortable with the tone of the announcement and the late date of it (i.e. if it is meaningless, then why announce it? if there will be no changes, why state clearly the "for now" aspect of it and mention "tighter alliances with other websites in the future"?). Many of the other things which seem to anger you have been brought up by other members in posts earlier in this thread. So please, please PLEASE don't make me the lightning rod for your anger! And please please PLEASE don't read more into what I wrote than what I actually wrote! Thanks.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Yep, there's been a lot of criticism, and not all of it's come from you - but your comments (especially the one quoted below and in my post above) have been the most harsh I've seen so far. I wasn't addressing the comments made by other posters (so I'm not using you as a scapegoat), only addressing the comments made by you, and most specifically

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskimothy View Post
This site was fun while it lasted...

Uncalled for, in my opinion, and unnecessarily provocative. Maybe I AM reading more than was intended - but it sure sounds like (at worst) a suggestion to boycott the site to me, or at best an unreasonable rush to judgement.

Last edited by kaplods; 11-14-2009 at 03:54 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #30  

Sorry again, Kaplods, but if it is the post that you quoted that is in your opinion the harshest, that was in another thread entirely. I'm not sure how cross-quoting works, so excuse my ignorance but I do find that just a tad unfair. Also, I really don't think anything was so out of line. I truly enjoy the access we have to this site at this time. I am concerned about this thread's original post's indication that in corporate head offices' opinion, we the members, may "enjoy" a tighter association with Fitday.com. Please note that other members have stated that this in their experience has meant going to a parent site to get to the "good stuff". So, it IS fun, while our current situation lasts. No harshness there, just perhaps some concern and some truth. But again, we are discussing the contents of a closed thread, so perhaps it isn't the most appropriate thing to bring that conversation to this thread.
I personally think the debate about profit and fee for access is way harsher, and I originated neither of these topics.