Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #1  
Dorm Dieter

Red face Blog Thread?

I know that there's a subforum where people can post their new blogs, but it seems like the fun stops there. I know that 3fc is very vigilant on posting blogs, making sure that they are appropriate etc... so I'd like to know if it would be alright to start a thread where people come in and post a short (1-2 sentence) summary of what they talked about in their blog that day, week, etc.

I think it would be pretty interesting to see who's keeping their blogs rolling, and who is talking about the same thing you are etc, etc. Not to mention it will probably inspire more people to keep up with their blogs, their posting, and their subsequent accountability and weight loss.

But I'd like to know if there are any objections, such as the possibility of having a post with improper content?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #2  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

I like the idea
Old 01-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #3  
it's always something

The evolution of 3FC blogs..

Many years ago, we used a forum 'hack' which gave blogs to all members automatically. It was great and it was popular Then a new version of the forum software came along that was a necessary upgrade, and unfortunately it didn't support the 'hack' and everyone lost their blogs and no one was happy.

So we installed a new journal system that would allow anyone to sign up for a shared, community journal. It was ok. Some loved it, but more and more people begged for individual blogs like Blogger. We listened. Around that time, the journal system creators went thru some changes, and the software can no longer be upgraded or supported. If it breaks, we can't fix it. It closed to new members 2 years ago and a new solution was offered.

Free wordpress based diet blogs at http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/

We appreciate the suggestion, but we really don't want to put our members through another change, and we feel it's best to stay consistent with the offering.

Closed Thread