Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
Shortly after I posted the website redirected the page to another, different "transformation" (thankfully.) So if you were looking at the really ripped tan blond, then no, not me.

I guess the site has been having problems with people falsely sending in "their" transformations. I'm not the only one.
Ah... gotcha! I was wondering what the heck kind of body building regimen you were on!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #17  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Okay, the trick to this is - if you posted them on a file hosting site like Flickr or photobucket the legal aspects can be INSANELY tricky. Because those sites - when you click agree under the user agreements - give up your rights under a creative commons license. But in order to use your image - they need a model agreement, which you, yourself, have to sign. It is also considered false advertising. You need to contact a lawyer because you are now owed a substantial sum of money for defamation (you being a before picture is just... well they suck) Seriously. Contact an attorney.

this link is when Virgin Mobile basically did the same thing.
http://www.switched.com/2007/09/21/v...-photo-for-ad/

xoxoxox
Paula
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #18  
I love Werewolf Movies

Oh, and copy that website PRONTO. LIKE AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS MESSAGE.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #19  
FB

xYourBelleMortex - bodybuilding.com isn't the one who stole the photos. Basically, anyone can find photos and submit them for a transformation and then scam bodybuilding.com for $50.00 store credit. A snaky person did that, a member of their site, not anyone involved in their corporation.

My heart is with 3FC, but bodybuilding.com is also a great resource with over a million members on their website. It's a well respected website, they don't need to steal photos for publicity. Because of having so many members I'd imagine it's difficult, if not impossible to verify the transformations. Again, I just think it was a matter of an unscrupulous stranger - not not not them. Someone stealing photos from Zenor to steal money from bodybuilding.com.

I recognized Zenor and realized what had happened when the stories didn't match and alerted her. I feel very badly for her as she was sharing her triumph and giving others inspiration only to be taken advantage of. To boot, it's really freaking creepy.

I didn't and don't want to create bad publicity for bodybuilding.com, I heart them!

Last edited by FB; 09-09-2008 at 10:05 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #20  
I love Werewolf Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB View Post
xYourBelleMortex - bodybuilding.com isn't the one who stole the photos. Basically, anyone can find photos and submit them for a transformation and then scam bodybuilding.com for $50.00 store credit. A snaky person did that, a member of their site, not anyone involved in their corporation.

My heart is with 3FC, but bodybuilding.com is also a great resource with over a million members on their website. It's a well respected website, they don't need to steal photos for publicity. Because of having so many members I'd imagine it's difficult, if not impossible to verify the transformations. Again, I just think it was a matter of an unscrupulous stranger - not not not them. Someone stealing photos from Zenor to steal money from bodybuilding.com.

I recognized Zenor and realized what had happened when the stories didn't match and alerted her. I feel very badly for her as she was sharing her triumph and giving others inspiration only to be taken advantage of. To boot, it's really freaking creepy.

I didn't and don't want to create bad publicity for bodybuilding.com, I heart them!
Ohhhhhhh gooooootcha. See, I had only visited that one site that she had posted and it resembled an advertisement. I didn't poke around too too much. Yeah, the whole thing sucks and I posted a note on my journal to make sure everyone watermarks their stuff.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:26 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Bodybuilding.com was really great about taking the page down. I have no qualms with them. They responded really quickly.

Trust me, I'll be WAY more careful when posting pictures in the future (on any site.)
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote