Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #16  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

hehehehe I know! I'm up in Seattle and had to bike downtown through mixed hail and snow yesterday afternoon. I'm waiting for the rain of toads now
Old 03-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

yeah, no kidding. it's funny how cities in the pacwest treat snow like the end of the world too. everything closes. it would be nice to get like a few feet and then i wouldn't be able to get to work on sunday. a girl can hope. apocolypse or working on sunday... yeah... i think i'll take the frogs.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

We still have snow on the ground here and are expect a bit more before March is through. We've been known to get snow in April!

Still, I remain ever hopeful by flipping through my gardening books for inspiration

We had a gorgeous day here on Saturday - very springlike
Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #19  

okay, so the day after the snow - it was sunny and warm and has been for the last few days. oregon is so confusing!

i did get myself some seeds and some little planting pods in a mini greenhouse thing, once they get bigger i can put them in a pot and hopefully it'll be warm enough by then that they will be okay. I sure hope so. i have had the worst lucky with plants the last few years.
my sis in law made me a beautiful planter w/ herbs in it and gave me a spray bottle of water for it. i confused my water bottle with my orange clean bottle and.. well... they never stood a chance... *LOL*
Old 03-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #20  

Default For those of us with gamer guys . . .

You need sound for this - hilarious!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...95041&q=tripod
Old 03-14-2006, 07:06 AM   #21  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

OMG! That was awesome! How did you find that?

I sent it to the gamer guy in my life.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #22  

My hubby sent it to me!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:17 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'6

That video is funny it reminds me when I was living with guy roomates and my boyfriend.. They had the x boxes set up in 3 differnt rooms to play halo... i wasnt happy I was trippin over cords every were. They had them all hooked up together so they could kill each other. I wanted to kill all of them..
Old 03-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #24  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

The 2 gamer boys I sent the video to loved it!

Just a catch up while I have a few minutes -
Work has been busy, but good. I organized a team lunch for last Friday too. It went well.
My nephew gave us a scare last week. He was sick, with a temp of 101. His lips started turning blue, and his chin & lips were shaking. My sister called the doctor, they said to call 911, it may be a seizure. As it turns out he wasn't having a seizure, he was fine, except for the fever of course. He liked the ambulance ride and wants "one more good ride". I ended up with him for part of the weekend, and we had a blast. He is just so cute, and getting so big. I can't believe he is going to be 4 this summer.

I am doing OK on the March challenge. I haven't lost much, but I haven't gained either.

I am thinking about getting a 1GB Nano as a "Happy Bonus" present, since we get our yearly bonus in Feb., and I haven't done anything special yet. Does anyone have one? How do you like it?

Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 AM   #25  

Phew! Glad your nephew is okay Squeak, what a scare!

I've been feeling like crap lately, sick with the cold, fed up with my slow progress in losing weight etc. etc. I've decide I really need to get in gear to reach my goals by August. No more excuses!

On a good note it is a lovely sunny day here and the weather is warming up, the ice and snow are melting so I will be more inclined to go out walking in the evenings now.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:05 PM   #26  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi from Florida

Winter? Oh, yeah, I think we had a couple of days of that... I'm not bragging, honest! It's too flipping hot here: we get Hurricane Summer, Summer Light, and Mostly Not Summer. (There is no Spring, there is only Zool!) Mostly Not Summer can get cold, like 40ish, but the next day it could be 80ish. Bizarre.... I've always wondered how rough it must be to be a pagan here. You can mark the solstices and such, but there's no real change of season, unless you count green and brown.

Oh... hi... I'm Lala. I thought I'd come hang out for a while.

-Lala
Old 03-25-2006, 01:36 PM   #27  

heh funny you say that.. i was thinking today now that it is "spring" that we changed the icky winter rain for the somehow less icky but still icky spring rain.
stupid pacwest and its rain and rain and more rain.

i lived in washington and we moved on the 93rd consecutive day of rain. i love wa but give me a freaking break! up there it's worse, we have winter from spet to march, less winter bit of spring from april (but it can still snow) til july, then we have about 3 weeks of autumn then it's right back to winter.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #28  

Well today is a gorgeous spring day! Sunny with bit of a cool breeze but boy it felt good to walk in the sun this morning

I went out for dinner and drinks with my girlfriends on Saturday and had a blast! We went to a martini bar where you had to be 25+ to get in so no underage highschoolers or university students on a bender (the legal age here is 19) - also it wasn't too meat market and everyone there actually dressed up! I did not see one single guy in a baseball hat!

They also had a dance floor and a pretty good dj

I haven't been out clubbing for a while so it was a lot of fun -
Old 03-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #29  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Catching up finally, I spent most of the last 2 weeks flat on my back after throwing it out. Three trips to the chiro, 2 trips to the regular doc, and one physical therapy session and I've finally returned to the land of the wanting to live. (phew!!) They say I've actually developed scoliosis in my lower back, so I'll be continuing with the physical therapy to help correct that.

Mauv, my husband sent me that video too, hehehehehe. I love it.

I also love the idea of a 25+ bar, that sounds blissful We went out Saturday night for the first time in forever to see Sisters of Mercy. We saw them the last time they were in the States, 8 years ago. It was so fun to get dressed up and see everyone dressed to the nines.

Oh, and my kitty is improving! They started her on a new medicine that really seems to be working. She's eating on her own and maintaining her weight now. Now I'm just trying to put a few pounds back on her. (Too bad I can't give her the two I gained while I couldn't exercise!)
Old 03-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #30  

Glad that your kitty is getting better but sorry to hear about the scoliosis
Closed Thread