Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:11 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Fresh start for Fall! (Fall challenge)

Well, I don't know about anyone else here but I did not do well in the last challenge. After reviewing the last few weeks I think I need to start fresh, review my journals and get back to work on my weight loss goals.

September always makes me think of new beginnings so I am going to apply this to my weight loss plan

If anyone else is up for a new challenge or wants to get a fresh start feel free to join in.

The challenge will start on September 1st and run through to October 31st which gives us 2 months to bust our butts and commit ourselves to our respective weight loss goals.

Please post the following if you want to join in.

Current weight:
Fall goal (Oct. 31):
I commit to:
My reward:
Old 08-30-2005, 10:15 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Here we go! Good luck everyone: lucky:

Current weight: 175 lbs

Fall goal (Oct. 31): 165 lbs

My reward: a new item of clothing (in a smaller size )

I commit to:
drinking 6 glasses of water per day
exercising 3 times per week
eating out only once per week
meal planning
trying out 1 new recipe per week
Old 08-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #3  

I'm in!

Current weight: 174
Fall goal (Oct. 31): 160
I commit to:
working out five times a week (two weights, three cardio)
avoiding trigger foods (pizza and Mexican food)
measuring all my portions and counting points honestly
and hardest of all, not drinking too much beer!

My reward: A shopping spree at Lush!
Old 08-31-2005, 02:38 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I could definately use a fresh start and it has been a long *** time since i've been on track, so i have been failing left and right at the monthly challenges. so, my fall challenge will be to start and keep a food/exercise journal, make consistent weekly menus and shop accordingly, so there is no reason to say - oh, i forgot to think about dinner, let's go get wendys. *L* I really need to utilize the rest of my gym membership and stop making excuses for not going.
As for weight loss goals, i'm going to keep it easy, i have a feeling goal more than a poundage goal. i want to fit better into my clothes, right now everything is getting pretty tight on me, and i can't continue this route! i would ultimately like to see myself get back into my 18's and 20's but for now i'll settle for being comfortable in 22's. We'll go from there.

Good luck gals, I know I'll be needing it.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:53 PM   #5  

I like the sounds of your challenge Maiv....My bf & I are going to wear something super slinky for Halloween so I'd like to look better for it. I'm with liz...I don't want to lose a pound amount, I just want to fit into a smaller size of pants. I think I'd like to add gaining muscle definition to my goals.
So, lets see:
1. I want to keep up my new weight routine (first day in the gym was today)...which is three days a week, after class on m/w/f.
2. I want to walk every day with my dog (already doing that) but I want to walk night times at least three evenings a week (NOT doing yet, well, not consistantly)
3. I want to stick with my diet during the week better.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:53 PM   #6  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

current weight: 245
fall goal (Oct 31): 240

1. Drink more fluids
2. Watch what i eat before work better (when i get home i'm ready for a meal again)
3. Keep up with my exercise routine including walking my dog daily, yoga 4x a week, weights 2x, plus extra activities
Old 08-31-2005, 09:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Current weight: 193
Fall goal (Oct. 31): 173
I commit to:drinking 8 glasses of water a day
My reward: Not sure yet but something good!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:48 PM   #8  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Current weight: 150
Fall goal: Lose another inch off my calves so my stompy boots will fit better
I commit to: Keep on keeping on
My reward: My stompy boots will fit better!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #9  

I was doing so well at the beginning of the challenge, then I went back to school. It's so easy to make poor food choices when I'm there all the time.

CW:193
GW:180

I commit to:
Drinking LOTS of water.
Packing lunch/snacks the night before for those days when I will be spending a significant part of my day at school.
Attending all of my PE electives.
Biking to school at least four days a week.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #10  

i'm right with you Hanna....I've never been tempted by so much junk. People keep bringing krispy kremes & mt. dews to class! And i tend to eat when I'm bored. There is always something I am doing at home so I can distract myself from eating. Not so easy in MATH class. yuck. I am doing better at carrying low carb snacks with me. It's cutting down on the not so good snacks but I'm ashamed to say its not getting rid of it altogether.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #11  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Quote:
My eating has not improved, unfortunately, but sheesh.. gaining 8 lbs? Shouldn't I at least be maintaining, instead of gaining so much? *sigh*

I guess I really need this challenge!
Don't panic, I doubt that you gained 8 lbs of fat in a week, you'd have to have consumed 4000 *extra* calories a day to do that. Most likely it's at least partially a water fluctuation.

Welcome!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yeah, and don't worry about getting voted off, if that was going to happen I'd have been kicked right out back in January! *LOL*

don't forget muscle building can add weight too!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #13  

Shoot... *slaps forehead*.. forgot all about all this water Ive been drinking. That probably did count for some of it. Hopefully there's some muscle-buildin' goin' on here too..

and thanks for the welcome, ladies :0)

lilith
Old 09-02-2005, 09:59 PM   #14  

I'd really be voted off too, if we voted people off. Thank goodness we don't.

I need to add a commitment and a reward. How could I forget the reward?

Commitment: shoot for between 25 & 30 grams of fiber a day.

Reward: $10 to spend on vintage costume jewelry at this great shop I found today.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #15  

I finally got around to getting weighed at the doctors office yesterday. I'm back up to 134...not SO bad I suppose but I've gained about six pounds since my last dr. visit. And my sundresses are fitting way too snuggly in the boobs & butt. I'm doing the uh oh, what am I gonna wear today thing again. I forgot to post a reward too. hmm....I can't think of anything I really, really want except to have a great rear end in jeans...I guess I will allow myself to go to Charlotte Russe & buy an outfit. I love their stuff. Very girly/feminine.
Closed Thread