Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 01:27 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default October chat

Well here we are into the first week of October and it doesn't feel like it at all...I've been wearing sandals since Saturday and it is suppose to be hot all week. Oh well, I guess it gives me some extra time to get my yard cleaned before the cold weather starts

Spent Saturday morning having breakfast at a diner and shopping with a friend and then went to a birthday party on Saturday night. I swear the weekend just flew by
Old 10-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I can hardly believe October is here again. It seems like only a few weeks ago that I put the costumes and decorations away and busied myself getting ready for Yule and yet here it is again. Anyway, I'm glad. This is my favorite time of the year. I love the colors and the weather. I feel refreshed and energized when I feel the fall breeze on my face in the mornings.
Well tomorrow is weigh day. I am a little nervous. I did pretty good all week, fell off a little this weekend, but stayed within calorie range (just a bit above on fat on Saturday tho). I didn't get as much exercise in as I wanted, but I'll settle for what I got because it is more than I've had in months so I am hopeful. But I know that if the scale didn't go down at least 2 lbs. I'll be upset. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll post tomorrow and let ya'll know what happens.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:31 AM   #3  
A Goddess Always

Mauvais-I didn't get to answer your question in the Sept. chat before it got closed. I am working at a mortgage title company in the closing/escrow dept. It's relatively simple and I am learning a lot. I like it so much! Plus I like having moolah of my own lol.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:42 AM   #4  
Dream Big

Smile Weigh In

Well I weighed in this morning. I lost 2 lbs. DH weighed in also and has lost 6. I am a little disappointed that I didn't lose more after seeing what he lost. I know I shouldn't compare but ya'll know how it is. I am glad that at least the scale went down. I know that I will definately get in at least 30 min. of exercise at least 5 days a week now so that the next time I get on that scale I can cheer and not just go "ok it's a start." But enough negative.
Hey I lost 2 pounds!! I am on my way to a healthy me!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:54 AM   #5  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Congrats Heather! Guys always loose faster, not fair!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Angelle - cool! Congratulations again!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #7  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Yeah Heather! Two pujnds is great!
This is week three completed for me and I have lost a total of 13.5 pounds. I am excited! I have a lot more energy so that is great too.
Really want to concntrate on getting lots of water and exercise this week. Had a great walk today so that is a good start to the week.
Virginia
Old 10-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #8  
Dream Big

Congrats and cheers to Flower and Virginia for your guys losses!! Ya know they should make a 3FC tv show. This site is so motivating and the people are so great and have so much to share. It sure would be better than alot of the crud they're coming out with nowdays. A whole new group could be reached and helped. Stuff like recipes, reviews, success stories, and tips. Maybe even a 3FC workout segment. They could get some of these video trainers on too. I don't know...just a thought. Ya know cause te site has helped so many immagine what a broadcast could do.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Don't get me started on how men can lose weight faster. The Cute Boyfriend stopped drinking beer for a couple of weeks and he lost TEN pounds. Jerkhead.

Ok, so can I tell you that A) I hate reality shows B) I never have time to watch TV but SOMEHOW I have become addicted to "So, You Think You Can Dance?" I am going to a finale party tomorrow and I really hope Ashle wins - mostly because she's the best dancer but also because that girl has a booty on her and she's very muscular and I love that - no wafer thin dancers for me please.

In other news, my new film professor isn't much of a teacher but he's getting better AND I think I have charmed him into more equipment. Wahoo! Getting film equipment in film school is like fighting for the last cookie with 12 older brothers. There is DEFINATELY a boy's club going on.

Flower - I signed up for WW but I haven't been doing it much. I don't know. I want to and I don't. Which program are you doing? The points one or the core one?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Yeah, I think reality TV is bad too. My tv addiction is Law & Order. I love those shows, except the Criminal Intent one. I have to make myself NOT turn it on during the week because I get so wrapped in it, I don't do the stuff I am supposed to be doing like cooking, checking homework, laundry, parenting. And with cable, heck you can't flip the remote more than 5 times without running into them.

Goddess, I like your new picture. You look very nice and very happy there.

Tiki.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:09 AM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Girls! What is wrong with us? We used to be such chatters.

Well, new stuff in the documentary world. I was having a lot of difficultly with my last documentary about an orphanage in Tijuana. I haven't given up - BUT I have decided to pick another subject for the class since it is time sensitive and I am way behind schedule. So, I decided to pick Polyamory. Currently, I am interviewing polyamorous people and their lifestyle. It is very interesting and it makes me love filmmaking because you get to meet all these interesting people and ask all the questions everyone else is dying to ask but no one will (oh but I will) .

Also, I've totally made friends with my professor. He loves me. He's bent over backwards to get me my equipment. I love it. I was so sure he wasn't going to like me (I can be a bit brash and undersensitive), but he's great. Yay!
Old 10-14-2005, 07:04 AM   #12  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I am here, but barely. I get to pop in and read, but that's about it. Working silly hours, mostly due to adults who act like 7 yr olds (not my boss). I leave at 5pm, come home and log back into work until 9 or 10 this week. Except for Monday which I was logged in on my day off. At least I know my boss appreciates me. Off to work. :-p
Old 10-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

Boy, it seems like everyone has been busy this month! I started and finished training for my new job. Almost exactly like my old job, but I get paid more and it's a much better company by leaps and bounds, so I'm happy. Still kinda a boring job, but what can you do?
Hope all is well with everyone, and we're not chattering because we're busy working out and doing good. (yeah, cause that's what i've been doing *L*)
Old 10-16-2005, 12:29 AM   #14  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Jessica, I'm sure you'll have a blast during your project on polyamory. You certainly shouldn't have a problem getting your subjects to dish on their lives (at least not if they're like the poly folks around here!)

Brrrrr, I think I need to get off the computer and take my tea to the fireplace. It's getting to be that time of year.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:53 PM   #15  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Brash and Undersensitive. My goodness Jessica, we must be twins!!

OK - since you all know what I weigh (my husband cant even quote the exact # ) I feel we are close enough to ask someone to clarify what polyamorous means exactly.

I assume it means having your cake and eating too but I like to be sure so I dont make a complete *** of myself should I ever meet anyone that is poly-anything.

Closed Thread