3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick bios (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/59054-alternachick-bios.html)

grrlscout 03-12-2010 02:07 PM

NAME: { withheld }

BIRTHDAY: One day in 1972

MARITAL STATUS: LTR of 7 years, with my dear lady.

TOP WEIGHT: 160-something (I stopped weighing myself in the 150s)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 147.8

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

EYE COLOR: gr/br hazel

HAIR COLOR: Mousey brown, usually.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Gardening, 4-wheeling, home preservation, cooking, sustainability, permaculture, soccer

PETS: 2 dogs - a mini red dachshund, and a pit/heeler mix, and 2 cats - a tux and a cream tabby.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ area

FAVORITE COLOR: Safety orange

FAVORITE FOODS: Baked sweets, like cookies and cake, cheese, fried potatoes in any format -- fries, hash browns, tots -- you name it.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Soccer, hiking, weight-training

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything by Jeannette Winterson or Neil Postman, Kitchen Confidential, Animal Vegetable Miracle.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Big Fish, Airplane, Blazing Saddles, History of the World Part 1, The Big Lebowski, Office Space, Fargo

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): No Reservations, Amazing Race, Three Sheets, Bizarre Foods, CBS Sunday Morning, Top Chef, Chopped

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I don't think I really listen to much that was produced after 1990 of so. Steely Dan, Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers, Muddy Waters

FAVORITE PODCASTS (my addition :D ): WNYC's RadioLab, This American Life, The Splendid Table

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I sometimes have episodes of depression, I also tend to overextend myself with projects, and I love food and am a bit of a food snob.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I won't get overconfident, and start "coasting," as that's what usually happens when I approach or reach my goal.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie restriction, but as much as possible, with only whole foods; and exercise.

RELIGION: None specifically. Though I do believe in empathy for one another, and this earth we live on and with.

POLITICS: Pretty liberal

PIERCINGS: Just my earlobes - one each.

TATTOOS: None yet. I keep planning on getting one, but never follow though.

MidgieMonroe 03-31-2010 06:36 PM

Name: Kara

Birthday: July 22 (I'll be 29 this year)

Marital Status: Single-ish

Top Weight: 265

Current Weight: 260 (I bounce between 265 and 255 regularly)

Goal Weight: 140 to 120

Eye Color: Green

Hair Color: Mousy brown but I like to dye it blond or natural red. I like unnatural colors too but don't do it very often anymore.

Hobbies/Interests: Knitting, crochet, crafting, video games, dolls, singing

Pets: a dog and a bird. My mom has 3 cats and a dog. I also have 3 kids.

Geographic Location: Arizona

Favorite Color: Pink, black, blue, purple

Favorite Foods: Sushi, pork fried rice, sandwiches, mainly stuff that isn't all that good for me.

Favorite Exercise: Dancing (hip hop, belly dancing), yoga. And while I'm a beginner; I love poi and I want to get into hooping.

Favorite Book(s): Sookie Stackhouse series, I like supernatural romance, urban romance, horror. In all honesty I just like to read but don't do it that often anymore.

Favorite Movie(s): Pricilla Queen of the Desert, Mona Lisa Smile, Catch and Release, Garden State, The Holiday, The Grudge, 10 Things I Hate About You,

Favoirte Show(s): The Office (US), Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, Cougar Town,

Favorite Band/Music: Tori Amos, Lady Gaga, Ani DiFranco. Honestly, I like almost everything.

Problem in Weight Loss: I have trouble exercising due to chronic pain.

What is Different This Time That Will Make You Successful: I have to. My kids rely on me and I'm almost useless.

Weight Loss Plan: I'm going to do low carbs and just watch what I eat in general. Also eat more, since I honestly don't eat more than twice a day. So I tend to over eat before dinner.

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Politics: I'm pretty liberal.

Pierings: I used to have my septum pierced and my ears have been pierced for forever. I want to get more stuff done though.

Tattoos: I don't have any yet! <3

AstralPhysicist 04-04-2010 04:29 AM

Argh! Every time I get around to posting a reply, I have to log in again. LOL.

I'm Molly

Married 10 years this year to a German/Souix Indian and mother of 2 boys 5 yrs and just turned 6 mo.

28 years old

Highest weight is whatever I weigh now.

Lowest weight is 135 when I was around 18.

I love books. Hubby can't live without TV... I try to ignore it as much as I can. I love playing on my Wii, Playstation 3 and XBOX 360. I am a gaming/comic geek.

Favorite authors are Jane Austen, Dean R Koontz, old Stephen King, Laurell K Hamilton, L.J. Smith, Stephenie Meyer and Charlane Harris

Favorite music is punk, psychobilly, rockabilly, swing, alternative, classical, hip-hop, pop...

Fav artists are Panic! at the disco, Dropkick Murphys, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Wagner, Lady Gaga, Nickelback, Shinedown, Evanescence...

I am a believer, but I don't know if I believe there is only one way. How could most religions be so close yet hate so much?

I am all for rights. Everyone's rights. I feel that God made us equal and we are messing up trying to change his plan.

I am a Semi-Liberal. But I love my guns, so I have to be at least a little Conservative, right?

I have put off getting my tattoos and Piercings because we were trying for another baby. I will probably get a Labret piercing and a tat of my wonderful boys names this coming year. If nothing comes up before then.

My reason for losing weight is mostly because I hate myself right now. I can't get in the mood with my hubby, because I wouldn't want to touch me. He swears he doesn't see me like I do, but he says things. Maybe he is just trying to give me the motivation to do this on my own, but sometimes what he says hurts. I don't want to hear my son tell me I am fat anymore. I don't want to think that my hubby's family is laughing at him behind his back because of me. I was reasonably attractive when we met...

Oh, and I have low self-esteem. If you hadn't guessed. LMAO

How is this time different from other attempts? I have to lose a lot of weight before my new baby can begin calling me fat, too.

Amazonette 04-12-2010 09:50 AM

Name: Tory/Amazonette is a play on the jokes friends make about me being tiny but muscular as all ****.

Birthday: December 9th(Sagittarius whuuuut)

Marital Status: Long-term relationship very likely to result in joyous nerd-marriage

Top Weight: 180lbs(at about 15)

Current Weight: 170lbs

Goal Weight: I don't even know.Weight has never been what I'm worried about,I get fed up with the wiggly bits.

Eye Color: Weird green(yellow ring around pupil,thick black ring around iris)

Hair Color:Uh...Sort of fading into red for some reason.Tried to dye back to my natural after a very catastrophic cleaching situation and uh...yeah... So I guess really dark brown/black/red.

Hobbies/Interests:Vidya' games,making costumes and props(currently planning sweet Rescue armor{Pepper Potts' iron man suit}),collecting glorious shoes,urban art*cough cough*,admiring and trying create lolita fashion,making nifty steampunk things,cooking(I make some wicked udon),roller derby(lovelovelove)

Pets:3 cats in the house,the runty loud one is mine;Archimedes/AKA Meathead.

Geographic Location: Kentucky

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Foods:Noodles-all types,in all sorts of sauces just,yummy.Cream puffs(my ultimate achilles),baba ganoush,Muffalettas,risotto,irish-style corned beef,eel(in slices on a heap of rice,in rolls with yummy avocado...)

Favorite Exercise: Skating.Specifically,skating the way I did in derby:Fast and vicious.Low to the ground,crazy quick cross-overs,and imagining the glee of knocking people over.I miss my derby so,so,so bad.
Aside from that,kick-boxing.
Basically fast,cardio heavy,very active stuff.

Favorite Book(s): Pretty much everything by Poppy Z.Brite-Exquisite Corpse for as vile,and twisted as it is remains my favourite;No other book has ever had me fighting between throwing it down out of repulsion and just HAVING to keep reading.Parts of it still,after about 5 times re-reading it,make me squirm.
Terry Pratchett is fabulous,Hogfather is and always will be my favourite.His Death is so sweet and somewhat dopey in a cute way,and Susan is just awesome.
The Cirque Du Freak series is a refreshing vampire story.(The movie was insanely hilarious)
Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy,and it's ensuing line.Just...Don't Panic.

Favorite Movie(s):Amelie,House of 1000 Corpses(I don't know why),Secret Window,Spaceballs,I'm Gonna Git You Sucka,The Princess and The Frog(disney is disney again!And New Orleans!!!),Moulin Rouge

Favorite Show(s):House,Doctor Who(Why replacing Tennant?Just,why?),Trash TV for giggles(Springer,court shows,Maury...),RuPaul's Drag Race,LOST(it better not be aliens),Penn & Teller's BS

Favorite Band/Music: Ha.Just about everything.Quick iPod scroll for reference:Gorillaz,Voltaire,Etta James,Johnny Cash,Madness,The Birthday Massacre,The Cure,Violent Femmes.

Problem in Weight Loss: I can't seem to actually lose WEIGHT.Fat,that will go-but a heap of muscle shows up instead.I do NOT understand this.
I hate the assumptions and rude comments I get if I mention I'm 5'2 and 170lbs-I'm huge,I'm unhealthy,lol ur fat[A DOCTOR once called me fat.I nearly punched her.].
It really sucks-and I've resolved just to go off of the LOOK of my body since I have no clue how to lose muscle.(And to be honest,being able to lift 300lb guys is pretty sweet.)

What is Different This Time That Will Make You Successful: I'm sick of those assumptions,and as a costume nerd and lolita admirer-I want to try and I guess 'streamline' my body to fit into those itty bitty lolita things and look good in my costumes.

Weight Loss Plan:Cutting back on the sugar intake and getting back on track with my no-soda rule.I'll also get into a decent exercise regimen-until I can afford to get out to and pay to get into an actual roller rink,not busting myself up on concrete with indoor wheels might be good.
Thinking about Insanity,and still hunting for a real muay thai class.

Religion: Polytheist Pagan.Always wear a silver Ankh,have a statue of Bastet in my room,along with some Buddahs,put a lot of stock in The Satanic Witch(Anton was brilliant),practice houdou(very successfully I might add.None of my gris-gris have ever failed.),and do the Happy Naked Pagan Dance.

Politics:Ugh.I guess Libertarian if I have to pick a label.

Piercings:Snake bites.Sort of spontaneous.Always fond of how they looked,debated getting them for ages,then one just said 'F*** it"-went to a local shop,asked for a price and went for it.I love them.
(Oh,and they're now a whole bunch of cute.On our 4 month anniversary,my boyfriend and I 'exchanged rings'.He put one of my rings in his single piercing and gave me a pair he had.I thought it was kind of adorable.)

Tattoos:None yet.Planning full-body ball-joints,like a doll.And if I get over worrying it could bring on bad things-I might get 'AMETH' between my shoulder blades.The golem thing seems somewhat appropriate given the living-doll appearance.

guttergirl78 04-15-2010 04:55 PM

I think this is the forum I belong on

so about me:

i have an army of children. they're my world. i married my high school gutter punk sweetheart but divorced him because he grew up and changed. me, i stayed the same. i still dye my hair pink. i still like holey jeans and converse and band tshirts. i like tattoos and piercings and work from home so i don't have to hide or remove them. Yes I have a lot of tattoos (almost half sleeves, a chest piece and random others spread out over my body). No they can't be counted. Yes they hurt. i'm not a conventional parent but my kids are well cared for. probably better than the children of overworked yuppies. my kids are artistic free spirits with unique personalities and i will not stifle that. i don't go out much anymore but when i do i like shows. i still go in the pit but end up regretting it later. i'm not as young as i used to be. i'm random and silly. i like horror movies and classic stuff. pin up style and muscle cars rule. i had a 73 nova but that moron that lives with me traded it for a 46 dodge truck. i'd rather listen to music than watch tv. I have a fiance (he gave me a 3 stone black diamond ring. yes they make black diamonds I was shocked to discover this.) he's 9 years younger than me so technically I'm not a cougar. His hands are always dirty from working on cars and he often smells, but I lack a sense of smell so it works. He is the only one that can make me laugh when I'm furious. Sometimes he knows me better than I know myself.

My weight has fluctuated over the years

1997 after baby number 1 135
1999 after baby number 2 169
2000 ww and gym 145
2002 baby number 3 180
2009 baby number 4 201
2010 getting my butt in gear 204

guttergirl78 04-15-2010 05:09 PM

oops, I jumped right in and neglected to fill out the form ya'll have been using!

NAME: Jenny

BIRTHDAY: Oct. 12, 1978

MARITAL STATUS: engaged

TOP WEIGHT: 204

CURRENT WEIGHT: 204

GOAL WEIGHT: 134

EYE COLOR: Blue/green

HAIR COLOR: blonde and sometimes pink

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: family, pin-up/vintage collection, comic books, music, tattoos, piercings,

PETS: does my fiance count?

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pennsylvania

FAVORITE COLOR: bright pink

FAVORITE FOODS: anything with potatoes and cupcakes

FAVORITE EXERCISE: i loate exercise, hence the reason I'm here lol. But if I had to pick I'd say walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Zombie Survival Guide, The Catcher in the Rye, Running with Scissors (book is better than the movie, promise) Dan Brown books and comic books

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): All Star Wars, most movies based on comic books, George Romero movies, Troma movies

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Adult Humored Cartoons, Dexter, Reno 911, ABC soaps (guilty pleasure)

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Old school punk and ska: Rancid, The Clash, GWAR, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, THe Dead Kennedys...

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: hypothyroid, lazy and will power

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a closet full of clothes that miss me and want to be worn that I just can't/wont part with.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Low Carb with Wonderslim

RELIGION: Atheist but raised Catholic

POLITICS: Liberal

PIERCINGS: 3 holes in each lobe, 2 cartlidge, septum, labret and tongue

TATTOOS: almost half sleeves, chest piece and random little tattoos.....more to come!

jamieelise 04-26-2010 08:21 AM

Hey everyone,

My name is Jamie, 29 and new to this site and dieting. Marriage has given me 5 wonderful years and 60 extra pounds.

If anyone if on vampirefreaks, I am on there as well (devilsplaymate).

I have lots of tattoos and piercings...lots of attitude and an appetite for any and everything food related.

3FCuser001 05-10-2010 11:52 AM

MARITAL STATUS: married for not even a year :)

TOP WEIGHT: I didn't weigh myself for a very long time, but the weight I am at right now, 220, is probably the heaviest I've ever been

GOAL WEIGHT: 143 or somewhere around there

EYE COLOR: greenish brown

HAIR COLOR: dark brown, but have been dying it some kind of red since I was 16

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Larp, WoW, reading (sci-fi, fantasy, history), Diving

PETS: two lovely cats, both from animal shelters

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Berlin

FAVORITE COLOR: purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Sushi

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I hate exercise :(

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Good Omens, American Gods... basically anything by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett or Manda Scott

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Love Actually, Princess Mononoke, Sliding Doors, Cabaret, Gosford Park, StarWars IV, Brassed Off, Serenity. Weird mixture, yeah!

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): We don't own a TV. But love watching Sci-Fi series on DVD, favourites are Firefly, Babylon 5, Andromeda

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: VNV Nation, Sisters of Mercy, Inkubus Sukkubus, Runrig - basically either good old gothic rock, EBM, or Scottish/Irish Folk with a modern touch

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I can resist anything but temptation. :( There's this part of me that loves to eat so much more than it loves to be thin. I need to convince her that the long-time rewards for being thing are much greater than the short-term satisfaction of eating something nice.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't really know yet...

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Seperate Carbs and Proteins, leave five hours between each meal. For more details see my blog :)

RELIGION: pagan agnostic - I doubt the existance of many goods

PIERCINGS: ears, nipples, clitoral hood

TATTOOS: none yet... am thinking about having a little star tattooed into my ankle for every 10lbs I lose

Skittlez 05-30-2010 10:31 PM

MARITAL STATUS: Married for a year this July :)

TOP WEIGHT: 299

GOAL WEIGHT: 175 for now!

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: auburn

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, gaming, movies, tv, animals

PETS: three dogs, and five cats!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Missouri

FAVORITE COLOR: purple

FAVORITE FOODS: pizza and chinese food (not together lol)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Count of Monte Cristo, anything by tamora pierce

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Shawshank Redemption, Yesman, Night at the Roxbury, The Holiday, I could go on forever lol.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Psych, Glee, House, anything with gordon ramsay in it

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I'm not into music as much as I used to be, well at least not particular bands. I still like Seether and Chevelle (their first two albums anyway), I pretty much like all types of music though. I care more about if it sucks than who sings/performs it.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eating. I eat when I'm sad, happy, annoyed, when the sun's out, when it's raining, and when it's dark out. >.>

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Motivation, I'm more motivated to stick to it and finish it. I'm tired of being unhealthy. Nothing tastes good enough to keep killing myself.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Eat ONLY when hungry. That's my huge goal, if I'm not really hungry I shouldn't eat. Not my stomach is empty I need to fill it so I'm going to eat! But my stomach is growling I'm really actually hungry I should eat. If that makes any sense ;D

RELIGION: None really, starting to get interested in pagan religions again but for the time being I'm athiest (probably always will be lol)

PIERCINGS: just a ton in my ears.

TATTOOS: None, I doubt I'll ever get one. I can't see myself liking a tattoo I get now when I'm 10 or 20 years older.

JuicyBits 06-01-2010 07:34 PM

MARITAL STATUS: In Love

TOP WEIGHT: 269

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Digital Art, Tarot, Kitchen Witchery

PETS: Cat & a Dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arizona

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink, baby blue and purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Steak & Mashed Potatoes

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Dancing

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Harlot by the Side of the Road, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Twilight Saga, Practical Magick, & any Harry Potter

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Glee, Grey's Anatomy

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: All kinds... Literally... ALL kinds of music

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Bored Eating... I'm a snacker... It's awful...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
Actually having a written out plan and being accountable, as well as the support.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: No processed sugars, 4-small meals a day and starting with an actual 2000 calorie diet... I will move on to less as time goes on.

RELIGION: I don't believe in religion... I believe in spirituality and that spirituality is an individual journey.

PIERCINGS: I used to have tons, most of which I did myself... But now I only have the two in my ears and my nose piercing.

TATTOOS: Yes... I have my daughter's nickname on my ankle and a tribal spider on my arm. And I will get at least one more

Stiletto 06-07-2010 11:53 PM

MARITAL STATUS: 12 year relationship

TOP WEIGHT: no idea- scales are banned!

GOAL WEIGHT: guessing maybe 125? I'm not a fan of scales

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, fashion, corsetry, millinery, music

PETS: none

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NYC

FAVORITE COLOR: any color as long as it's black

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Pilaties

FAVORITE BOOK(S): so many..... Vampire Chronicles, Edgar Allen Poe, Neil Gaiman, Harry Potter, Pride & Prejudice

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Exorcist, Halloween, Tim Burton

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Project Runway, NY Yankees Baseball

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: The Damned, The Cramps, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Joy Division, Siouxsie & The Banshees, New Wave, Goth, Darkwave

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Snacking, Big Italian Family meals, procrastinating

Let's find out....

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Little sacrifices in diet and hitting the gym with conviction

PIERCINGS: Just ears

TATTOOS: None- just not "me"

Clever Tessa 06-08-2010 11:08 AM

Good to be back....

Well, it's been a million years. ****, I don't even remember what my old 3FC name was, so I guess I AM reinventing myself!

MARITAL STATUS: Blissfully divorced

TOP WEIGHT: 259 (been 219'ish for 2 years now)

GOAL WEIGHT: 150'ish (whatever looks good AND I can maintain)

HAIR COLOR: Red

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, music, movies, scrapbooking, ghost hunting, world religions, history

PETS: 3 cats (2 are polydactyl and I've got to watch them! Damn opposable thumbs!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Middle of nowhere Oregon

FAVORITE COLOR: Earth tones (can't pick just one)

FAVORITE FOODS: Yes (that's how I got here!)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking, eliptical

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Southern Vampire Mysteries, Twilight series, Circle of Five series, Harry Potter series, Pride & Prejudice, etc. Too many to list.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Pride & Prejudice, Young Victoria, Elizabeth (see a pattern here? Love me a period movie!)

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Ghost Hunters, Glee, The Family Guy (snort!) and can't miss 49er football

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Depends on my mood - Stone Temple Pilots, Paramore, really, almost everything from Bach to Rob Zombie.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have "just one last time" syndrome - the "last time" never happens and the unhealthy eating goes on, and on, and on....

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: September started a HUGE inner discovery period in my life. I know how to lose weight, so I've been realizing/learning why I keep regaining it.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Rejoining WW, but I'm an ex-leader so it's tough to listen to what I pitched for so long. I know the plan works, if I can just get past the saccharine cheerleading...

PIERCINGS: Ears and traguses (tragi?)

TATTOOS: Sun/moon on upper back, Capricorn constellation on shoulder

Looking forward to getting to (re)know everyone!
Tes :carrot:

foreverfnm 06-10-2010 07:07 AM

MARITAL STATUS: single - bisexual - have boyfriend.

TOP WEIGHT: 135kg - Currently 124kg

GOAL WEIGHT: 60kg.

HAIR COLOR: Black with red and blonde streaks

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, Hardcore dancing, Partying, Seeing bands, Alternative fashion. My life revolves around my local punk scene, sad as it is.

PETS: boyfriend.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Adelaide, in South Australia

FAVORITE COLOR: Green.

FAVORITE FOODS: All of them. Especially fast food. And savoury biscuits and the like. URG!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Hardcore dancing, weight training, boxing, walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Crime and thriller novels, especially Stephen Leather. I also enjoy action novels like Chris Ryan and Andy McNabb.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Boondock Saints.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Metalocolypse, Black Books, IT Crowd, Family Guy, Rush, Burn Notice

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Hardcore punk. Have Heart, Verse, Ruiner, Bane, Champion, Hatebreed, Defeater, The Effort. Locally I love Break Even, Carpathian, 50 Lions, Confession, Deez Nuts, Amity Affliction, Craterface, Sex Wizard, Infiltrator.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Too many alcohol calories, too much fast food, binge eating on junk food.

An actual interest in doing it for myself this time, as opposed to working out because someone told me I was fat/hinted that I was unfit. Also dislocated my knee for the third time and am hoping that if I can manage to loose some weight I can get back in the mosh pit sooner!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Counting calories, being strict! Also going to exercise 45min a day minimum and have just brought Charlean Extreme, and I will go at least 90 days!

PIERCINGS: Ears. Although I didn't want them and am waiting for them to close over.

TATTOOS: Have Heart tattoo on my right list. It's my avatar, and it's AMAZING.

GoodShadow 06-12-2010 05:43 AM

I should probably introduce myself...

NAME: Caitlin

BIRTHDAY: July 7, 1985

MARITAL STATUS: Single

TOP WEIGHT: 270 (might have been 278, but I'm not sure...)

CURRENT WEIGHT: no idea! I kind of wish I had a scale...

GOAL WEIGHT: 150lbs

EYE COLOR: hazel (or somewhere between brown and green)

HAIR COLOR: brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Opera, theatre, film, all genres of music, history, Jim Henson, Orson Welles, Bollywood, lit, travel, everything...

PETS: My parents have a Bichon Frise (Toby) and a Bichon/Yorkie mix (Molly), but maybe those count more as siblings... I have a human sibling too.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ireland, at the moment - the DC metropolitan area more frequently.

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: All of them?! Foodie food.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical (and a run through the weight machines). I'm REALLY looking forward to not being too embarrassed to swim. That's my real favorite.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): A Christmas Carol (and Dickens in general), Terry Pratchett, Salman Rushdie, ...The Fountainhead..., Franny and Zooey, my book of Gil Elvgren pin-up art, Cyrano de Bergerac

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Brazil (loooove Terry Gilliam), City Lights (same for Chaplin), Edward Scissorhands (I loved Burton until Alice in Wonderland), Orson Welles, the Muppet Movies (and Labyrinth/Dark Crystal), The Red Shoes, Devdas, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi... This list could go on forever.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Dinosaurs, House, Community, 30 Rock, Mad Men, Good Eats, Jane Eyre (2006), Little Dorrit (2008), Nicholas Nickelby (1999)

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Queen, The Beatles, Oingo Boingo, Kurt Weill, Gershwin, Mozart (operas), Beethoven, pretty much all Russian and Scandinavian/Baltic composers, Philip Glass (in spite of myself), Damon Albarn/Jamie Hewlett, Kate Bush, rock opera... Could also go on forever.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Follow-through! I tend to get sidetracked or start making exceptions. Self-discipline.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I finally understand (for real) that the way I am eating now (about 1500 carefully recorded calories) is the way I have to eat for the rest of my life.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: 1500 calories/day (and eat back calories burned exercising), meticulous food-journalling, eat better.

RELIGION: Agnostic, but raised Catholic. Secular Humanist? I like the Carl Jung/Joseph Campbell perspective.

POLITICS: Moderate liberal?

PIERCINGS: 2 in each earlobe, one cartilage (right ear).

TATTOOS: I'm never convinced I'll like the designs I like for the rest of my life... and they're expensive! I like henna.

robynrawr 06-14-2010 04:28 PM

NAME: Robyn

BIRTHDAY: February 25

MARITAL STATUS: With a lovely woman for two years as of last week

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 198

GOAL WEIGHT: 160 ish

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Blue gray

HAIR COLOR: Currently very blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: a lot. I enjoy researching ancient religion, being with friends, playing my clarinet, reading, painting, writing, video games, knitting, cleaning, cuddling, being with my animals, tons of other things.

PETS: 2 dogs and 1 cat that live with me. A chihuahua/poodle/terrier mix, Bear (7 years), a terrier/chihuahua mix, Puppy (~2 years), and Faith.
Plus a sheepdog, Roux and an old mutt, Jim that live elsewhere.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: West Texas. Moving to North Texas for college in the fall.

FAVORITE COLOR: Anything but yellow or brown.

FAVORITE FOODS: Asian?

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I enjoy moving around.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Yes.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many, but to name a few, Cinderella, Grease, and Maria Full of Grace.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Really, everything but country.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I don't lose weight easily. This makes me depressed and discouraged.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to do it for me.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Eating healthier, working out more.

RELIGION: Eclectic buddhist.

POLITICS: Not interested, but we should all have basic human rights.

PIERCINGS: 4x ears, septum

TATTOOS: None yet. In the planning stage for two, as well as a skin peeling.

geauxgirl 06-15-2010 04:02 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new here even though I registered about 4 years ago apparently!

MARITAL STATUS: Happy married to a wonderful man. We've been married going on 6 years now.

TOP WEIGHT: 243 as of this morning :(

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown/Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, music, movies, pc gaming

PETS: 3 cats, 1 dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Baton Rouge, LA

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Chinese, Mexican. Basically anything I can't have now.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking, elliptical

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Southern Vampire Mysteries, Harry Potter series, Anything by Clive Cussler

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Shawshank Redemption, Pirates of the Caribbean, Casablanca, Amelie, anything by Quentin Tarantino

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Lost (I miss it already), Just started watching Glee but I like it so far, True Blood, How I Met Your Mother, Survivor, The Amazing Race, Buffy tVS, Angel, Doctor Who, Torchwood

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Duran Duran, The Cure, Metallica, U2, The Smiths, Morrissey

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation and self discipline

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've started and stopped this journey more times than I care to admit. I have to do this now. My health is at stake.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: 1200-1400 calories per day, portion control, no sodas and get off my duff and exercise more

PIERCINGS: 4 in left ear, 2 in right. When I get skinny again I'll treat myself to another belly ring

TATTOOS: None and I regret that now. I can't have any due to a blood-clotting disorder.

Tinz 06-18-2010 01:45 AM

NAME: Tinz

BIRTHDAY: Nov. 11

MARITAL STATUS: engaged to the most amazing man ever. getting married Oct. 16th woohoo

TOP WEIGHT: Highest ever was 264..when i joined 252

CURRENT WEIGHT:

GOAL WEIGHT:

EYE COLOR:
blue

HAIR COLOR:
natural - brown, colored - dark plum

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: music, music, music.

PETS: 2 cats names are Potter and Weasley, 1 dog named Biscuit

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mooresville, NC

FAVORITE COLOR: black, purple, pink, lime green

FAVORITE FOODS:
Spaghetti

FAVORITE EXERCISE:
walking, jogging while listening to music

FAVORITE BOOK(S):
Sookie Stackhouse books, Harry Potter, anything that can keep my interest for more than a chapter at a time.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): waaaayyyy to many to name

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S):
Spartacus, Dexter, Weeds, Simpsons. i love tv. lol im glad we dont have it, i'd never be get time to do anything. so we watch everything on dvd and streaming on netflix.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC:
I love music...let me tell you what i dont like. Folk, Bluegrass, most country.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
motivation

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: joining the weightloss clinic

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: calorie counting

RELIGION: Learned in school its best not to say.

POLITICS:
Ditto from religion

PIERCINGS: both sides of my nose,

TATTOOS:
full sleeve on left arm. one on each thigh, right upper arm has 5, 1 on my right forearm, 1 behind my ear

DancingPanda 06-26-2010 12:16 PM

NAME: Erika

BIRTHDAY: March 9

TOP WEIGHT: My highest was 198, but I wouldn't be surprised if I actually weighed 200 at some point.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 154

EYE COLOR: Dark brown

HAIR COLOR: Naturally dark brown, Dyed kind of light brown.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, photography, cosmetology, harry potter

PETS: 1 kitty named TJ, but he has soooo many nicknames I rarely call him TJ!

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple, pretty much anything neon, and rainbows :]

FAVORITE FOODS: Spaghetti

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I don't particularly have a favorite :P

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Harry Potter series, Blue Bloods series...I'm not a big reader.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, Titanic, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, I Am Legend, Avatar, Where The Wild Things Are, Saw II, Meet The Hamiltons, Cloverfield, Urban Legend, Mirrors

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Pretty much anything on TLC!

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Fall Out Boy, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Panic at the Disco, Avenged Sevenfold, Hollywood Undead, AFI, Classic Case, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dance Gavin Dance, Porcelaine and the Tramps, Marilyn Manson, William Control

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Laziness

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm more motivated and determined.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Counting calories, exercising better

RELIGION: Don't have one.

POLITICS: Democrat.

PIERCINGS: Just ears.

TATTOOS: Zero. :(

mauvaisroux 07-06-2010 01:55 PM

Wow! Lot's of new Alternachicks - welcome everyone! :)

Noelle85 07-06-2010 02:10 PM

Hey all! I'm new :)

NAME: Noelle

BIRTHDAY: December 18th

MARITAL STATUS: Dating an awesome guy

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: 230

GOAL WEIGHT: 150ish? maybe

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Naturally medium brown, dyed black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, movies, reading, going for walks with my doggy

PETS: 1 doggy named Seamus Mahoney, and 1 cat named Buddha

FAVORITE COLOR: Hot pink

FAVORITE FOODS: ...Theres so many

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming :D Can't feel the sweat!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Cookbooks, religious materials, mostly informative nonfiction

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Anchorman, Dead Alive, What dreams may come, Transformers, Lost boys and so on

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): I don't watch t.v.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Manson, NIN, Tool, MSI, Puscifer yadda yadda

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not giving up

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm more mature.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Watching my calorie intake, exercise, lowering refined carbs and sugar

RELIGION: None

POLITICS: Is No an answer to this?

PIERCINGS: Nipples, clitoral hood

TATTOOS: None

Mommy in Motion 07-08-2010 12:26 AM

Just thought I'd post a bio before jumping in! I'll probably browse another day or two...

NAME: Dagny, for all intents and purposes. Using an "alias" for myself and my family members

BIRTHDAY: December 3

MARITAL STATUS: Married, 8 years in August

TOP WEIGHT: 200+ pregnant (I stopped looking at the scale after I hit 200) 178 non-pregnant

CURRENT WEIGHT: 142 (ish)

GOAL WEIGHT: 115? I'll probably stop long before then, but if I don't have a goal to aim for I get waaaayy too comfy where I am

HAIR COLOR: Also brown. I miss the days when I could play around with it

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, photography,camping, running

PETS: Just one, a beagle

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: MS

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue, I suppose

FAVORITE FOODS: I'm a huge fan of fruit smoothies. And tomato soup. But not together. :D

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Running and yoga, which I should really start doing again. I love strength training (most of the time)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Way too many. Lately I have been switching back and forth between Gimme Something Better and The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry because I don't seem to have the attention span for a novel right now.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Where to begin! Right now I would say Boondock Saints. But I watched it recently. Next week it will be something else.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): I guess The Shield and House. A "new" favorite might be Dead Like Me. I need to watch a few more episodes to decide

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: It varies. The ones in the regular rotation are Social Distortion, The Living End, and Flogging Molly. Currently it's non-stop Joan Jett to keep my daughter happy!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eating. That and making time for everything BUT me

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Knowing that I've done it before, so I can do it again! That, and just some internal dialogues lately, re-evaluating my priorities and realizing that for my sake and my kids sake, I need to take better care of myself

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting, and trying to find a routine I can stick to

RELIGION: I honestly have no idea. Our kids are in Catholic schools, and we occasionally attend Mass (have to put in an appearance now and then to keep their scholarships). It's been a long time since I knew what I believed

POLITICS: I know it when I see it! ;)

PIERCINGS: Just the ears.

TATTOOS: Three right now. My back, shoulder, and wrist. Planning on at least two more, but I need a good reason to justify the cost!

Rhythm 07-17-2010 12:52 AM

Name: Tami

Birthday: March 18th

Marital Status: Single

Top Weight:

Current Weight: 184

Goal Weight:

Eye Colour: Brown

Hair Colour: Brown

Hobbies, Interests:
Music

Pets: My little Siamese cutie

Favourite Colour:
Dark teal

Favourite Food: Not going there

Favourite Exercise: Swimming

Favourite Movie(s): American History X, Good Will Hunting

Favourite TV Show(s):
The Daily Show, South Park

Favourite Band/Music:
At the moment, Elliott Smith

Problem in Weight Loss:
The occasional binge.

Difference this time that will make you successful:
I decided to do this and I'm doing it.

Weight Loss Plan:
Low carb, exercise

Religion: Agnostic

Politics: Left

Robot 07-17-2010 08:36 AM

Can't believe I never posted here. Crazyness!

NAME: Robot, Theresa, Tera, Therie (so many names!)

BIRTHDAY: May 5

TOP WEIGHT: 215

CURRENT WEIGHT: 208

GOAL WEIGHT: 124 maybe

HAIR COLOR: Currently brownish

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, yoga, playing with my dog

PETS: Miniature schnauzers named Scotty (R.I.P.) and Shado

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NC

FAVORITE COLOR: It always changes

FAVORITE FOODS: I grew up in an Italian household, so I love the Italian food (as long as it is vegan). Although, I'll pretty much eat any vegan food.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Yoga and the workout videos where Jillian Michaels yells at me

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Wasted, Scott Pilgrim, Noam Chomsky books, cookbooks

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Ghostbusters, Survive Style 5+, and a million other movies

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): The IT Crowd, The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, The Mighty Boosh, and Futurama

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I like punk and rock. Occasionally, I'll dance to some pop (I admit it, Lady Gaga isn't that bad).

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Binge eater, especially at night

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I had my "ah ha" moment.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Eating vegan whole foods.

PIERCINGS: A bunch of holes in the ears. I want a lip piercing though.

TATTOOS: Not until I'm at a healthy weight.

Ellie Hastings 07-18-2010 10:00 PM

Now that I see myself in black and white I can clearly understand what a boring person I am. Oh well. :trampo:
Name Ellie

Birthday October 5th

Age somewhere between middle age and death

Location Georgia

Weight & Height 273, 5'5-1/2"

Work graduate student!

Books I read so many books for school that I don’t read much for myself at the moment

Music Like almost anything

TV I don’t watch a lot of tv

Movies I don’t see many movies. I think the last one I saw was "Pirates"

Interests/Hobbies nature, travel, the internet

Goals get down to 150 lbs and to graduate with my undergrad (I graduated in May 2011, YAY!) :celebrate:

Religion Agnostic

Politics Liberal

Relationship Status Married

Tattoos One on the body and one on the drawing board ready to go for when I lose the weight.

inkdiva 07-20-2010 11:21 AM

NAME: Lela

BIRTHDAY: Feb. 3, 1972-No math needed- I'm 38

MARITAL STATUS: Separated, soon to be divorced

TOP WEIGHT: 235

CURRENT WEIGHT: 221

GOAL WEIGHT: 170lbs

EYE COLOR: Medium Brown

HAIR COLOR: Depends, naturally brown- Currently Ruby Fusion. :)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Movies, Reading, Drawing, Tattooing, Going to the Mountains, specifically Glacier Park, spending time with my girls 3 and 4.

PETS: recently discovered that my youngest is allergic to dogs, so I had to say goodbye to my little man, Sarge. He was an adorable 5lb black and white chihuahua. He's with my ex, so I know he's fine, I just miss him. Crazy, I've had pets my whole life. It's weird not to.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Montana

FAVORITE COLOR: Hot Pink with sparkles

FAVORITE FOODS: Chocolate, icecream, and pretty much everything with sugar in it.

FAVORITE EXERCISE:I've heard of it, yes.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Shining, Tommknockers, and The Running Man by Stephen King, Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon sp?,Various Smut novels-Teresa Medeiros did some really cute ones, total brain candy.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): There are many I love, so I'll just list the ones I tend to watch over and over again: Feel good and make you think movies: GoodWill Hunting, Stand and Deliver, Dangerous Minds, Rudy, Men of Honor, The Shawshank Redemption. Pure enjoyment: The Princess Bride, Highlander-the original, Lady Hawk, You've Got Mail, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, They are doing a great job with the Harry Potter series, can't wait to see how they'll handle the end, Sorry ladies, Twilight just makes me feel old. It does transport me back to my teens tho and I have to say that if I were a teen, I would swoon. Who wouldn't? Just make the heroine a little more volumptuous and the guys hopelessly drawn to her soft feminine curves while the mortals remain clueless. ;)
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Next Food Network Star, Next Design Star, House

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC:Kinda Mixed here, but I'd have to go with the Eagles for mellow moods, and Rob Zombie for more amped up moods.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Food is my drug. I've looked at stories of drug addiction and I don't see a difference except that my addiciton is legal and not only readily accessible at all times, but is being hawked in all forms of media and is for sale on every street corner.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I found this website and forum. I've joined the Halloween Challenge, and it's already made me make better choices because I want to be able to post progress. I'm down 4 lbs so far and the goal pics and success stories on 3FC make me feel like I can do this. Also, I want to be fit by 40.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: LA Weightloss really kind of put it into perspective for me. It's simple to follow and if you eat everything it keeps you full. I know it sounds weird, but it's true. I also never really got that 8 glasses of water a day was actually 8 8oz glasses, one 20 oz and you've already gotten two down. Duh, right? The program was a total money machine, and the centers have mostly all closed down, but I still have my info and LA to your door can deliver the bars. I am just using protien bars for now.

RELIGION: I believe I'm not alone. I believe in a higher power, and I call it God for lack of a better term. I do not think the Bible should be taken literally and I know that people have perverted every religion for their own means and don't think that Christianity is an exception. I just know what feels like truth to me, and most religions share a common thread of treating others well and trying to be the best person you can be. I think you get back what you put out, so yes I do believe Karma is real too.

POLITICS: Dissappointed mostly. I can't believe how self-serving all politicians seem to be. Of the two, I'd say Democrat...but there are good and bad people on both sides. I hate that so many people let others do their thinking for them. I can't believe the things people have accepted as truth. It's scary to hear everyone repeating the same phrases that they've heard on TV. Brainwashing anyone?

PIERCINGS: Nose, three in each ear, and navel.

TATTOOS: Lots and lots, but no real coverage yet (sleeves, backpiece- No) I like floral and nature and so mine are nature inspired.

mauvaisroux 07-20-2010 01:43 PM

Welcome to all of you! :wave:

lumosmaxima 07-27-2010 11:55 PM

All I have to say to this thread is... yesssss.

MARITAL STATUS: Single. I'm not sure who/what I'm looking for

TOP WEIGHT: Close to 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 - 145

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: (almost natural color!) brown with a teal streak

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Making art, watching TV (:P), making crafts, hanging out with friends, playing guitar

PETS: I have a fish? and I love cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Carolina : )

FAVORITE COLOR: Teal! Hence the streak

FAVORITE FOODS: Chinese... pasta... anything sweet.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Sweating it out on the elliptical and a good round of weights

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I love Harry Potter, and anything horror/mystery/fantasy...except Twilight

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Saw, Harry Potter, all horror movies, anything with the Brat Pack, Superbad

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Family Guy, Chopped, Flight of the Conchords

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: John Mayer, RHCP, Nirvana, Radiohead, Of Montreal

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I eat too much.

I'm going to eat less!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: I might join Weight Watchers, but I'm legitimately trying to make a LIFESTYLE change, you know?

PIERCINGS: First lobes (6g), second lobe holes, one misc. cartilage on each ear (in different places though, hahah), rook, and a beautiful scar from a rejected horizontal eyebrow

TATTOOS: None yet! I've made the decision to wait : P

duckchick 07-28-2010 12:48 AM

Hi there! I LOVE your name!! I, too, love Harry Potter, and I'm looking forward to the release of the 7th movie in November! I also hate Twilight, LOL!!

Welcome, and please join the Halloween Challenge! :D

lumosmaxima 07-28-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckchick (Post 3407438)
Hi there! I LOVE your name!! I, too, love Harry Potter, and I'm looking forward to the release of the 7th movie in November! I also hate Twilight, LOL!!

Welcome, and please join the Halloween Challenge! :D

Is it bad that I forgot I made my user name Harry Potter-y when I posted this? : P I am definitely pumped for the movie - and me and my best friend are going to the theme park on SATURDAY (!!!)... so I'm super excited.

I will definitely go check out this Halloween challenge right nowwww

duckchick 07-29-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumosmaxima (Post 3407699)
Is it bad that I forgot I made my user name Harry Potter-y when I posted this? : P I am definitely pumped for the movie - and me and my best friend are going to the theme park on SATURDAY (!!!)... so I'm super excited.

I will definitely go check out this Halloween challenge right nowwww

The theme park??? AAUUGGHH!! I'm officially jealous!!! :(

Have fun!! And, if possible, could you take pictures? :^:

lumosmaxima 07-29-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckchick (Post 3409292)
The theme park??? AAUUGGHH!! I'm officially jealous!!! :(

Have fun!! And, if possible, could you take pictures? :^:

Umm YESSS of courseee!
and hopefully by then I'll be able to post pictures : P I'll make lots of regular posts in the meantime to ensure that I can
Plus when I was looking at the photos thread, I realized that I don't even think I have a full body photo of myself from anything earlier than last summer, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be a great spot for that

duckchick 07-30-2010 03:24 AM

Coolness! :carrot:

You know, I need to post pictures of myself there, as well. I've been wanting to, but have put it off because this week has been crazy busy. Ah well, the weekend cometh!

Have a tremendous amount of fun!!

ChubbyBun 07-31-2010 02:44 AM

NAME: Dana

BIRTHDAY:
Feb

MARITAL STATUS:
Single

TOP WEIGHT:
260 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT:
245 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT:

EYE COLOR / HAIR COLOR:
green / light brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
graphic/web design, german, traveling, shooting

PETS:
Rabbit!, Cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:
Portland, Oregon

FAVORITE COLOR:
I'm artsy. I love em all.

FAVORITE FOODS:
seafood (snow crab!), chinese, mexican, home cooked, organic

FAVORITE EXERCISE:
swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S):
I'm weird. I don't like fiction. I like instructional books and biographies haha.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):
aliens, pride & prejudice, forest gump, the shawshank redemption, the orphanage, enemy at the gates, anything sci-fi, horror, war, thriller, or good drama

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S):
king of the hill, the unit, weaponology, adult swim, iron chef

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC:
funker vogt, depeche mode, death cab for cutie, tom petty, björk. I listen to a little of everything but mostly like industrial and indie.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
discipline, emotional eating

a persisting knee injury

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN:
WeightWatchers

RELIGION:
non-practicing christian

POLITICS:
right of center

PIERCINGS:
nostril, septum. no longer a fan of piercings though.

TATTOOS:
none. it's not for me.

I'm mostly alternative interest-wise. Not so much lifestyle anymore. Dunno if I fit in here, but oh well. Hi everyone. :)

RndmCandle 08-02-2010 04:34 AM

MARITAL STATUS: Trying to convince my BF about the joys of Trinogamy (David Tennant?)

TOP WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HAIR COLOR: Black 'n burgandy

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Cooking, attempting to be artistic, Getting my hands on anything to do with Paganism, bantering, and Spanish.

PETS: The most wonderful, slightly evil, belly-rub-loving, crooked-tail-having black cat in the entire world, Libby.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Woo-Pig Sooie!!!!

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple.

FAVORITE FOODS:Cheese. ANY type of cheese by the block-load, thanks.

FAVORITE EXERCISE:Shakin' my groove thang.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Dark Tower Series, Brave New World, L.O.T.R, Harry Potter, ANYTHING Anne Rice, Albert Camus, Neale Donald Walsh, or Scott Cunningham. Really anything I can get my hands on.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S):Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Half-Nelson, Old School Disney, Away we Go, Anything with Whoopi, Meryl Streep, Will Smith, Jim Carey or even breathed on by Quentin Tarantino or Wes Anderson. Ect, Ect, Ect.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S):It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!, Arrested Development, Trailer Park Boys, 30 Rock. But seriously...David Tennant...if you're reading...will you marry me?

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Lots and Lots. I la la love Radiohead. Stevie Wonder, Anita Baker, Luther, Marvin, Patti anything that sounds better on a record player, which happens to be almost everything. Love Portishead, Ella, Shawn Phillips, Paul Simon, Bear vs Shark, Tool..anything. I'd be easier to name what I don't like. Which is Metal. I'm beginning to think I misinterpreted the meaning of "alternative"

RELIGION: Pagan. That's pretty general, I know...but at this point that's about all I got.

POLITICS: Mostly useless, seeing as how the minority rules the majority anyway. But I guess that kind of apathy is exactly the problem. Agh, I don't care anyways.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Copious amounts of booze and candy, usually at the same time. Oh, and those damn Carmel Apple Empanadas that are probably now apart of my DNA.

I'd like to say, "For once in my adult life, I'm happy just the way I am" because, physically, I haven't been able to say that..well...ever. Also, the prospect of being healthier and more fit is an exciting one. Aaaanndd, I've always had this fantasy of rocking the **** out of a stripper pole without just slowing squeaking my way to the bottom.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN:Exercising, eating and drinking less. Counting calories.

PIERCINGS:Lobes, and I have an industrial which is pretty much my pride 'n joy.

TATTOOS:Nothing yet.

JillieJill 08-03-2010 12:46 AM

Hi...I'm new too, glad to meet you...here is a little about me!

MARITAL STATUS: Married to a drummer....

TOP WEIGHT: 336

GOAL WEIGHT: size 12
EYE COLOR: green
HAIR COLOR: i alternate between black and blonde
HOBBIES/INTERESTS:working, politics, reading
PETS: i have a bird- the Kracken, a dog Remy, and a turtle Tortuga
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Jersey
FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: cheese
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Richard Dawkins

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Batman

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): xfiles, discovery channel
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: hank III

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: portion control
ranting on a forum

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: low calorie
PIERCINGS: none
TATTOOS:1- back piece

Pandabear 08-13-2010 10:53 AM

your garden varity "wierdo"

Hello all! I'm Nicole aka Panda! I'm new to 3fc and just found this fourm! I'm so happy to find a group of people who not only are going thru the ups and downs of weight loss but also seem to just know what its like be to different.

Over the years my look has toned down alot, mother of 2 kids with a corporate job lol, but I'm still an alterachick at heart, I listen to everything from Coal Chamber (yep still listen to them) to Sarah Brightman, and L7 to Gucci maine! Weird I know! I miss all of my piercings and you'd never know that I'm in the process of covering myself with tattoos (they can all be covered with clothes)

I miss my purple hair (so a purple wigs does the trick) and i def miss my skinny 16 yr old body! But I can't wait to go thru this journey with all of the love and support you give each other! Thanks! Here's my bio!

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged to a white guy who swears hes black lol

TOP WEIGHT: 180

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

EYE COLOR: brown
HAIR COLOR: Icky brown color.. i totally miss my red and purple hair

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Spending time with my kiddos, putting on electric colored eyeshadow!! Reading, baking
PETS: a cat name Thunder, "Thunder cats HOOOO!!"
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: The Bible belt , Forest Park, Georgia!
FAVORITE COLOR: Purple!

FAVORITE FOODS: Brownies! and sushi!
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Just Ella. Shangi Girls

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Death Becomes Her
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): The Colony, Anything to do with the paranormal
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Orgy!
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I LOVE TO EAT!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm finally motivated!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Portion control and getting my butt moving whether its even just a 30 min walk everyday

PIERCINGS: I had, a nose stud, tongue ring, industrial, navel ring, lip ring 3 diff times, nipple ring... yup i think thats all

TATTOOS:angry teddy bear biting off barbies head on outside right ankle, star and moon on inside right ankle, my lovely tramp stamp (soon to be covered with a full back piece) playboy bunny on left hip which is currently being covered by a geisha that goes half way down my thigh, Oh! and a geisha on my left foot lol i forgot about that one!

irishfairy 08-13-2010 04:04 PM

I have probably done this intro before as I was here 3 years ago losing weight but its a new time around so I will do it again :)

MARITAL STATUS: Married happily to an amazing husband who is nothing like me but it wokrs out better that way lol

TOP WEIGHT: 221

GOAL WEIGHT: 125-130

HAIR COLOR: changes frequently its light reddish brown right now

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:tons! Photography, creative writing, singing, music, movies, YA paranormal novels, paranormal romance
PETS: a cat named bella
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ontario Canada
FAVORITE COLOR: jewel tones, green

FAVORITE FOODS: peanut butter and icecream
FAVORITE EXERCISE: trampoline and treadmill
FAVORITE BOOK(S): too many to name but heres a few twilight, hush hush and shiver

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Nightmare before christmas and boondock saints
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): vampire diaries, the gates, supernatural, heroes
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: punk, rock and metal. AFI, Versaemerge, MCR, The used, Alice in Chains

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love food

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: really motivated! and I know I am done having kids so I don't have to worry abotu gaining it back that way...again

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: 1400 cal diet and exercise

PIERCINGS:I had nose, navel, tongue and lip now I just have two ear piercings

TATTOOS: a star with the words hodl on underneath but I am getting it covered. I am also getting a halloween fairy with two pumpkins with my boys names on my back and a bird for my grandpa and nan on my shoulder

redumbrella1 08-31-2010 09:00 PM

MARITAL STATUS: Single and lovin' it :)

TOP WEIGHT: 340

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-160

EYE COLOR:Brown
HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Movies, TV, fishing, cooking, GAMES!!! (video, card, board, computer - any game, I'm in!)

PETS: A Beta fish named Alpha

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Nebraska

FAVORITE COLOR: Orange (except during Husker football season)

FAVORITE FOODS: CHEESE

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Wii fit

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I love the classics. And Harry potter. :)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): So many my mind can't even pick any.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): I like a lot of shows that Fox canceled - Dollhouse, Firefly (Joss NERD!), Wonderfalls. Also enjoy the big bang theory, true blood (and several more)

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I listen to just about everything :)

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I like food too much - turned to food for comfort.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: First real time "trying". I'm making myself accountable to people so I won't give up so easily. Also, I'm getting "older", health reasons come to mind.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: I joined a weight watchers group at work.

PIERCINGS: Just ears right now

TATTOOS: Saving up to get one in memory of my mama.

Number8 09-03-2010 11:50 AM

ooo survey!

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged (good motivator!)

TOP WEIGHT: 198

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

EYE COLOR: green
HAIR : Currently. It's curly brown and I shave it off every 3-4 years for Locks of love. It's about half way there again!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Drawing, and other forms of 2D art and PC games.

PETS: I gained a roommate cat called Ravage (after the transformer)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ontario

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple!

FAVORITE FOODS: Everything! I miss macaroni and cheese the most though!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Treadmill currently. I'm determined to defeat that awful contraption!

FAVORITE BOOK(S):Kushel's series by Jacqueline Carey is my latest fave.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Spirited away, and all classical animations- even the bad ones.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): I only really watch true blood with the man-toy... I don't have a tv lol.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I am constantly listening to Siradio - and internet radio for gamer nerds

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Back injury turned laziness.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've taken the months of physio I should have taken before, and I'm determined to gain more Independence and take charge of my body instead of letting it boss me around!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Eating healthy foods and exercising regularly. Also doing my physio stretches every night!

PIERCINGS: just ears that I never wear - I'm allergic to too many metals to bother

TATTOOS: Can't make up my mind long enough to get one -and having an art background I can see all the flaws in others so If I had one and it wasn't perfect I would go insane..... (I have art ocd)

Curiously Joyful 09-05-2010 02:14 AM

I'm a 35-year-old single mama of three kids whom I homeschool. I'm a lesbian with piercings and tattoos and tons of bumper stickers on my car. I'm an animal lover and run a nonprofit cat rescue that I founded (with a focus on special needs cats). I have one dog and 7 cats, and a foster dog and some foster cats.

I'm in graduate school to become a counselor, during which I intend to hold fast to my metaphysical knowledge and take counseling to a new place in my work. I attend UU and identify with many new age, pagan, Taoist, and Buddhist teachings.

I've been a single mom since January of 2005 and have packed on the pounds since. Got separated, gained weight. Got divorced, gained weight. XH became an addict and stopped paying child support, I gained weight. My mom became terminally ill, I gained weight. 3 months ago I broke my ankle, and guess what? I gained weight! That's when I passed the 300-lb mark.

It's all going to change now.