3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick bios (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/59054-alternachick-bios.html)

miss shelly84 05-13-2009 08:58 PM

Wow, so cool... : )

Greetings all,

I saw this forum and decided I had to post! : )

To the biography, then...

I am a 24-year-old college graduate who decided she hadn't had enough college and is going back to get her second and third degrees in Biology and Psychology.

I have a BA in English, and of course love to read. I love science-fiction/fantasy writers such as Anne McAffrey, Timothy Zahn, Douglas Adams, Marion Zimmer Bradley, J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, Stephenie Meyer, J.K. Rowling, and others. I have also been writing science fiction for 11 years.

(I also like reading essays in Biology and History.)

I dressed Goth for many years, have dyed my hair every color except green (not sure why, guess I never got around to it.) I had my nose pierced for three years until I couldn't have it for one of my jobs. I miss it, and I hope to get it repierced someday.

I have a 2-year-old kitty cat named Frodo, and he's my baby.

I like being outdoors, and love to be in touch with nature. (Religiously unaffiliated though, for the time being.)

I love doing yoga as well. It is so relaxing and clears my mind.

I am a political liberal and a feminist. I consider my mom an influence in that regard, she is also a feminist and taught me all I needed to know. :D

Well, I hope that suffices! I will most definitely be back. : )

Michelle

vertigoskyy 06-01-2009 09:35 PM

My name: Danielle

Job: Daycare Assistant/Teacher/Secretary

Relationship: Married.

Children: Kade is 4.

Pets: 1 pug, 2 snakes, 2 frogs, 1 rat, 2 guinea pigs, & a fish tank

Authors: Sooo many. Jim Butcher, Stephen King, John Grisham, Dean Koontz, Robin Cook, Patricia Cornwell, Janet Evanovich, Mary Higgens Clark, Jonathan Kellerman, Edgar Allen Poe, James Patterson

Movies: Lots of horror! The Saw movies are my fav, but really any horror! Even cheesy 80's stuff. Action, mystery, crime, comedy, musicals.

TV: I don't have time to watch much, but anything crime/forensic/medical.

Music: EVERYTHING. Literally. There isn't a genera I don't like some of. I like random bands no one has ever heard of & lots of popular ones. I'll listen to anything. I LOVE mix cd's.

Hobbies: sports, gardening, crafts, music, games, movies, the Wii, taking walks, museums, amusement parks, concerts, bars/clubs, dancing, road trips, teaching, learning

Home decor: The bedroom is a medieval type theme. The bed set is black & deep red shiny metallic type, the curtains are red shiny metallic type. Hanging on the walls are swords, maces, daggers, etc.

Religion: Agnostic Atheist.

Politics: Liberal.

mauvaisroux 06-04-2009 09:47 PM

Welcome to the boards!

Greendreamer 06-09-2009 11:56 PM

Alternachicks! This rocks!

NAME: Ginny

BIRTHDAY: 11/16/1974 Scorpios rock!

MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE!!!

TOP WEIGHT: 414

CURRENT WEIGHT: 385

GOAL WEIGHT: 185

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: Hazel Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark Auburn Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Writing is my heart and soul! I love to read. Love movies and TV, especially animation and Sci/Fi Fantasy. I love studying astrology.

PETS: None

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Weirton, WV

FAVORITE COLOR: Green

FAVORITE FOODS: Peanut M&Ms

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking or hiking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO READ!!! My current favorite authors are Dan Brown, Steve Berry, and Kathy Reichs. My all-time favorite book is 'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Brontë.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): 'Star Wars,' 'Labyrinth,' 'Harry Potter,' 'Lord of the Rings,' all of the "Marvel" movies, 'National Treasure,' 'DaVinci Code,' and 'Angels and Demons'

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Simpsons, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Bones, Chuck, Heroes, and Fringe.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I mostly listen to New Age and Classical, but I love 'Reach For the Light' by Steve Winwood, 'Colors of the Wind' from 'Pocahontas', and 'May It Be' from 'Lord of the Rings'

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Finding something I can stick to. My work schedule is a mess, and it is difficult to stick to a plan. I'm also a diabetic, so that complicates things.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have gained an amazing confidence in myself, and I think this time it will work because I'm not worried about anyone else and what they think. What someone else thinks of me is none of my business anyway, and since it is none of my business, I don't have to deal with it! :D

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: For now, calorie counting and monitoring my fiber intake

RELIGION: I don't label myself as belonging to any one faith.

POLITICS: Left-wing progressive

PIERCINGS: None

TATTOOS: Not yet, it will be my 100lb. loss reward. It will be a phoenix, the symbol of Pluto, and my favorite X-Men character!

And I must add, I love the dancing carrot! :carrot:

Frigg 06-16-2009 09:03 PM

NAME: Frigg
BIRTHDAY: August 2nd
MARITAL STATUS: Never.
PARENTAL STATUS: None.
TOP WEIGHT: 150
CURRENT WEIGHT: 129
GOAL WEIGHT: 115
EYE COLOR: Brown & Green
HAIR COLOR: Naturally brown-black.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, nature, internet..
PETS: Looking.. Husky or Elkhound.
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Minnesota
FAVORITE COLOR: Black
FAVORITE FOODS: Vegan & Japanese Food
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking outside, hiking.
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Religion, philosophy, psychology, feminism, mythology...
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Virgin Spring, The Seventh Seal, 8 1/2, Vivre sa Vie, etc...
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Metalocalypse, Beavis & Butthead
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Folk, Metal, Industrial... etc.
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation, changing the little things.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Knowing I can do it.
WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting, eating more whole foods & balancing my diet.
RELIGION: Norse Pagan, Agnostic.
POLITICS: Socially liberal, fiscally... moderate?

ICUwishing 06-22-2009 09:08 AM

NAME: Becky
BIRTHDAY: May 17
MARITAL STATUS: Married
PARENTAL STATUS: Mom of very cool son, 9
TOP WEIGHT: 174.5 (2 lbs above where I was 2 days before giving birth)
CURRENT WEIGHT: 159
GOAL WEIGHT: not quite sure - 150's a good start, but we'll see.
HEIGHT: 5'7"
EYE COLOR: greenish hazel
HAIR COLOR: medium reddish brown, but in reality, it's all 100% rather boring gray. Thinking hard about just letting it be.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: learning piano, reading, writing fiction, surfing the 'net, anything having to do with reptiles and amphibians.
PETS: None at the moment. Nurturing the snakes and frogs and turtles that visit the yard.
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mid-Michigan
FAVORITE COLOR: Greens and purples
FAVORITE FOODS: Venison tenderloin, wild salmon, really spicy salsas, dark beer, great Scotches, berries, and mushrooms
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming!
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Fantasy (Jordan, Goodkind), economic histories, Ultrametabolism by Mark Hyman.
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Matrix. Star Wars (4, 5, and 6), Fight Club, Office Space, any stand-up comedy videos - the raunchier, the better (Chris Rock, Doug Stanhope, Dave Attell, Katt Williams ...)
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): House, 24. Getting some evil pleasure from Wipeout. Just about anything on Discovery Channel or Animal Planet.
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Stuck in 70's classic rock - Rolling Stones, OLD Chicago, Queen, Velvet Underground, Animals, etc.
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Spouse is a FABULOUS cook, portion control, and unhealthy relationship with salty/crunchies.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Accountability - I'm 110% responsible for this outcome.
WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Literally, eating less and moving more. Calorie counting and "you bite it, you write it" journaling.
RELIGION: My definition of God got so big that only the pagans will have me any longer.
POLITICS: Libertarian wherever practical, but social progressive and fiscal conservative.
PIERCINGS: Just one set of earrings.
TATTOOS: None at this time. Had some thoughts about an antique compass to remind me to stay the course and find my "true north".

mypunkrockromance 06-24-2009 10:00 AM

MARITAL STATUS: Let's not talk about it - non-existent

TOP WEIGHT: 254

CURRENT WEIGHT: 251

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-160

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Green/Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Very dark brown. Trying right now not to wash it b/c countless hairdressers have told me not to. Currently feeling very gross

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: MUSIC, going to shows, reading, movies (see why I don't lose weight!), .

PETS: None but I want a dog so badly! Won't get one while in an apartment though.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeast USA

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple though most would tell you lately it's pink and black

FAVORITE FOODS: Ice cream, bacon, pizza, chinese. But I LOVE fruits and veggies too. Strawberries are my fave, love asparagus.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I like workouts with dancing in them. Last night I did a Carmen Electra workout. I just prefer to do them when no one else is around. I'm starting to like my bike more and swimming is okay too.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): How to Kill a Rock Star, Twilight series, God Shaped Hole, anything by Chuck Klosterman

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Anything with Johnny Depp (my absolute fave is What's Eating Gilbert Grape)

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: 311, My Chemical Romance, Incubus, Motion City Soundtrack, Blink-182, Valencia, All Time Low, The Rocket Summer, New Found Glory, and many many many many more.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Bad eating habits, sedentary.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: In the words of another band I love, Taking Back Sunday..."So sick so sick of being tired and oh so tired of being sick." Depressed, feeling crappy physically, and tired of accepting that this is my life, because it doesn't have to be.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Doing it on my own. I want this to be a lifestyle change, I don't want this weight coming back on.

RELIGION: Baptist, but don't really practice

POLITICS: Very liberal

PIERCINGS: Just ears, I wanted my eyebrow for the longest time but now I have a pretty conservative job, won't happen as long as I'm there.

TATTOOS: See above. I really want the song lyric in my signature "Make this be for something, or else it's all just nothing" on my wrist. I keep balking. I'm seriously wussy when it comes to pain as well.

heartface 07-25-2009 03:25 PM

NAME: Anni
BIRTHDAY: April 30
MARITAL STATUS: Soon.
PARENTAL STATUS: One stupendous 4 year old girlchild.
TOP WEIGHT: 250(non-pregnant high)
CURRENT WEIGHT: 218
GOAL WEIGHT: 140-160
EYE COLOR: Hazel
HAIR COLOR: Dyed dark brown
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Visual arts. reading. writing. thinking. screaming. smiling. animals. nature. creation. destruction. metal things. vintage things. beautiful things.
PETS: Need cats.
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tempe, AZ
FAVORITE COLOR: brassy gold.
FAVORITE FOODS: thai. chocolate. japanese. blts.
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking. sports. dancing. swimming.
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Religion/Occult/Mythology. Philosophy. Psychology. History. Anything by Bukowski/Plath/Cummings.
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many to think of.
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Whatever looks interesting.
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: behemoth. bjork. tool. bat for lashes.
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Grew up with huge portions/Gluttony
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not sure it'll be any different. I'm just willing to try.
WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting. more whole foods. watch portions and sugar.
RELIGION: Firm belief in the Eternal.
POLITICS: All over the place.
PIERCINGS: Two in each ear.
TATTOOS: I'm too brootal for tattoos.

rblace87 07-29-2009 04:35 PM

NAME: Rachel
BIRTHDAY: January 5th
MARITAL STATUS: Engaged
PARENTAL STATUS: No children
TOP WEIGHT: 169
CURRENT WEIGHT: 144
GOAL WEIGHT: 115-120
EYE COLOR: Brown
HAIR COLOR: Brown
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Blogging, Bicycles, Family, Friends, Trivia, Printmaking, Pottery/Ceramics, Complex Discussions, Paranormal, Eco-Friendliness, Animals, Autumn Mornings, Reminiscing, Health of Body and Mind, Body Modification, Sleeping, Lazy Days, History, Ebaying (stolen off my facebook, haha)
PETS: 1 Dog
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
FAVORITE COLOR: Purple or Green
FAVORITE FOODS: Sweets. I'm a sucker for dessert.
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Cardio. Core training. Bike rides.
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Lovely Bones.
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Shawshank Redemption, Amelie, Saw (series) Garden State, Life Is Beautiful
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Six Feet Under (rip), Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Ace of Cakes, Jon and Kate Plus Eight, The Biggest Loser, Law and Order, Survivor, Cities of the Underworld, Medium, Modern Marvels, Hells Kitchen
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Elliott Smith, Pinback, New Order, Death Cab for Cutie, Cursive, Misfits (Danzig era), Ben Folds Five, Fiona Apple, Gorilla Biscuits, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Ben Kweller
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Getting into ruts where I don't lose at weeks at a time even though I follow my diet to a T.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've researched a lot more. I'm losing a whole lot slower, that way I won't gain it all back within a few months of maintaining.
WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting.
RELIGION: Not really religious but I do believe in a higher being.
POLITICS: Don't ask.
PIERCINGS: 1 inch lobes, double lip, septum, double dermal anchors on my chest (retired now), double navel. Getting philtrum done soon.
TATTOOS: None. Haven't decided on what I want.

DivineFidelity 08-04-2009 11:00 PM

I'm sooo glad this forum exists! I think it's definitely where I'll fit in best =D

I'm Rachel. I'm 19 years old and I SERIOUSLY need to lose some weight...lol

I love to read...I pretty much go through 3-4 large books a week, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll read anything, so feel free to suggest your favorites!

I play cello and guitar and piano and violin and viola and bass and I'm learning clarinet and I want to learn saxophone and oboe and flute and trumpet and bassoon...yeah I'm pretty much a huge music nerd.

I play an MMO with my boyfriend called Final Fantasy XI...He lives in huntsville, TX..and I live in houston. I met him when I was up there for college...but I couldn't afford to stay up there...and we'd already been dating for almost a year when I moved back, so we decided to stay together and start playing an MMO so we'd be able to still do something together even though we weren't physically near each other. He's a great guy, doesn't really understand why I want to lose this weight so badly, thinks I look great now...but I'm pretty sure he's just crazy...lol

I've got the two cutest cats in the world...well technically they're still kittens. The black one is Luigi, and the White one is Mario. I'll post some cute pictures of them later in the picture thread =D

I wanted to go to school for Music Education and become an orchestra teacher, but now that's not going to happen because I injured my arm and I can't play cello (my main and favorite instrument) as much as I need to anymore to be a music major...SO I moved back home and I'm working at the coffee shop I worked at junior and senior year in high school (which definitely makes life hard when you're dieting and can't have ANY of the stuff you sell...) and am going to be going to community college to take core classes and then will probably transfer to the University of Houston and get and education degree and teach second grade =D

Music...well that's a tough one. I listen to pretty much everything you could come up with. I love the acoustic stuff, punk, pop, metal, classical, rock, pretty much anything. I also have a soft spot for celtic music..lol

I don't watch much TV, but when I do it's mostly shows like CSI or Bones or Numbers. I don't have cable, so there isn't ever much on.

That's pretty much it...lol. If you want to know more about me, just PM me! ^^

CanadianCutie 08-16-2009 10:30 PM

NAME: Sarah

BIRTHDAY: November 18

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced. Currently in Long Distance relationship (will be 2 years in Oct/09) with a wonderful man who treats me wonderfully

TOP WEIGHT: Not entirely sure. I would guess close to 400, highest weighed weight is 331.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 326

GOAL WEIGHT: 180 for now, may tweak it once I get some progress going.

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Grey

HAIR COLOR: Currently very dark brown, almost black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, computer gaming (played Everquest for years, and WoW for a few months), growing herbs (cooking herbs) indoors, cooking/creating recipes, traveling.

PETS: 2 sweet furballs of the feline variety

OCCUPATION: student (as of January 2010)/part time home caregiver atm

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southwestern Ontario, Canada 80 % of the time/Midwest, USA the rest of the time.

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: Salad, anything garlic related, pasta, apples.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Sex *blushes*, walking, swimming, water aerobics.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): the poetry of Leonard Cohen, anything by Jodi Picoult, anything by Jennifer Weiner, Shakespeare, The Time Traveler's Wife (amazing book), Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (great scary book), too many more to name.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Princess Bride, Twelve Monkeys, Secondhand Lions, Mean Girls, Thank You For Smoking, The Dark Knight, Brokeback Mountain, Sideways, Airplane, Sabrina (the original), Zombie Movies, getting into horror/thriller movies.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I like a little bit of everything in terms of music. I tend to pay attention to the lyrics more than the music itself. I love Billy Joel, The Beatles, Tom Jones, 60's to 80's music. The occasional current song will catch my ear, but give me the classics any day.

PROBLEM In WEIGHTLOSS: Focusing on me. I am a people pleaser, coupled with depression, and a misdiagnosis that had me on the wrong medication for years.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am doing this for me, and no one else. I am in a good place mentally and I want to be in a good place physically too.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: No real plan, just common sense. Have cut out of most of the sugar in my diet, taking little steps at a time. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies, only healthy fats.

RELIGION: Agnostic

POLITICS: Best kept to yourself

PIERCINGS: Ears and just got my tongue pierced on July 31st.

TATTOOS: None yet.

izzystizzy 09-03-2009 04:01 PM

Ohhh I think this one is is for me :)

NAME: Isabela
BIRTHDAY: April 2nd
MARITAL STATUS: Soon. (hopefully)
TOP WEIGHT: 116kgs (250lbs +/-)
CURRENT WEIGHT: 72kgs (160lbs)
GOAL WEIGHT: 140-132
HAIR COLOR: Dyed light brown
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Most time I spend buying vintage stuff..Im a big fan of 50's , so i spend a lot of time for the culture and so on..
PETS: Love Guinea pigs
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Im a Portuguese, who lived most of my life in Brazil, but now I study in Poland and go often to Germany cuz my boyfriend lives there.
FAVORITE COLOR: Polka dots black and white
FAVORITE FOODS: Japonese and ice cream.
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking and jogging
FAVORITE BOOK(S): From Anne Rice to Sidney Sheldon , Candace Bushnell , mistic/ spirituals book ... loads of books
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): All from Tarantino
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Lost , true blood , scrubs
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Psychobilly , Rockabilly , Oi! and ska.
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: i like to eat all the time, emotional eater
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Im more aware about my weight problem.
WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting. trying to avoid sugar and more whole grain (and tell my boyfriend to stop screwing my diet)
RELIGION: Kinda alternative.. all related to nature.
POLITICS: Well Im a nowhere citizen so.. I'm not aware about politics in Poland..
PIERCINGS: I had at least 10... but now it's all gone.. (too old)
TATTOOS: 4 of them.. most of it old school tattoos... and a biggg one in my back (L)

petfresh 09-21-2009 05:00 PM

Name Ashley

Age 20

Location ontario canada

Weight & Height: 184, at 5'5". Been 180 since as long as I can remember. But I gained about 10 pounds now I'm going to lose a lot and see what being more light and fit will be like :)

Books I would say that vonnegut is my favourite author... big fan of oscar wilde's a picture of dorian gray... haven't been up to reading much though lately

Music I am pretty openminded about music. pop, rock, alternative, goth rock, electronic music, metal, punk rock, hip hop, riot grrl, dance, singersongwriter... lots a favourite music

TV hmm i'd have to say The L Word, True Blood and Star Trek, haha

Goals see what it's like to be fit, and to stop being chubby all my life. get some self esteem while i'm at it. be dedicated to something :)

Religion I am an atheist

Politics very liberal

Relationship Status single

srr728 10-29-2009 11:19 PM

Hey Ive been lookin around and definatly thought this was the place for a firnge girl like me. ( never really fit into a group) I just like to be an open-minded person about everything and learn about different people. I love to learn new things and discuss with different kinds of people.

I borrowed this layout for intro hope you dont mind!

NAME: Steph
BIRTHDAY: July 28th, yep pain in the *** Leo
MARITAL STATUS: married almost a year
TOP WEIGHT: 288 lb
CURRENT WEIGHT: 170 lb
GOAL WEIGHT: 199 lb firstly
EYE COLOR: Greenish bluish
HAIR COLOR: Blonde
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love reading mostly, crochet and knit and other making things, love Tats (me & husband), docmentaries and learning all about everything ( love history channel!)
PETS: Ruby & Pearl are my puppies
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Indianapolis
FAVORITE COLOR: Turquoise & purple, i like bright things and some people call my taste tacky, but i like non-typical things and sparkles
FAVORITE FOODS: donuts! and cake, lately Feta cheese
FAVORITE EXERCISE: ligting weights, hope to jog someday
FAVORITE BOOK(S): historical fiction right now and ghost/paranormal stuff since its fall. This year my faves were The other boleyn girl and the reliable wife
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): i like paranormal and action
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): top chef ( dont cook ;)) bones, csi, house, medium
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: mostly classic rock, Janis, Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, and a little bit of others
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm addicted to food and negative thinking
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm looking to change my life not just diet for a year
WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: calorie counting, high protein veggies good carbs
RELIGION: Catholic raised, exploring that. Very spiritual
POLITICS: open minded
PIERCINGS: ears and nipple, had more in past, my job is conservative
TATTOOS: most of a back peice, foot, and one around my ankle with a big nautical star, can't wait for more

drake3272004 11-10-2009 05:21 PM

Sorry if I rant a bit!

I use to post somewhat on the paganchicks page and various other places on the 3fc site, but I don't think I ever really posted here. So, I'm going to try this out, I need to change and this seems like the place to go.

I am 31 yrs. old, married with a daughter (10) from a previous marriage and a stepson (13). I am Pagan, ever searching, and have no particular path. I was working pretty hard on my weightloss, got myself down to 205lbs. a couple years ago, but that didn't last long.

I didn't want to believe my husband at first when he told me that I had sleep apnea and I let it go for a long time, thinking that if I just lost the weight then everything would just correct itself. The sleep apnea didn't get better and when I finally admitted that it was a problem I was so constantly drained trying to take care of everyone else and work, I didn't have energy for me. Got the sleep study done and got my cpap, started feeling better right away.

Last fall I found out that I have PCOS, that explained why I seem to have a hard time losing weight and the infertility. Then this last spring we had to move my other stepson (15) out of our home and into foster care (long story short, he found out that my husband may not be his father...which we suspected but never said anything and treated him as if he was, but that wasn't good enough for him and he started to become extremely volatile).

Add on top of that the fact that we made a major move out into the countryside in the last year!

It's just been one stress after another with some depression thrown into the mix. I've just been happy to have maintained and not creep back up to my heaviest. But I need to start moving again and get motivated!

beerdrinker 11-15-2009 04:29 PM

NAME: erica
BIRTHDAY: 10/13
AGE - 26
MARITAL STATUS: dating the most wonderful man on this planet
TOP WEIGHT: 200 lb
LOWEST ADULT WEIGHT: 165 lb
CURRENT WEIGHT: 160 lb
GOAL WEIGHT: 125 lb
EYE COLOR: Brown
HAIR COLOR: Brown
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crocheting
PETS: my roomate's cat
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: TN
FAVORITE COLOR: purple
FAVORITE FOODS: steak
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Frank McCourt is my fav author
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): i'm not a big movie/tv person. i'm a tim burton fan though.
FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): college basketball ;)
FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: rancid, drive-by truckers, gomez, wilco, astor piazolla
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: i work at a restaurant
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i'm tired of being a fat kid.
WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: count calories
POLITICS: i vote
TATTOO(S): 2 nautical stars, rancid, and a drawing i did
PIERCING(S): tongue, nose, industrial in each ear, 3 in each earlobe

kissesmomof4 11-28-2009 01:24 PM

NAME: Amanda

BIRTHDAY: Feb. 3

MARITAL STATUS: happily married

TOP WEIGHT: 230lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 228

GOAL WEIGHT: 200 first and 175 second

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: right now I have boring brown dreads with a hint of red, in need of a dye job but dying the dreadies scares me

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, cooking, tree hugging, homeschooling, history, paranormal, and gaming (WoW)

PETS: 2 rescue greyhounds (I want more) and 2 weird orange cats also rescue

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Near Orlando Fl

FAVORITE COLOR: black and red

FAVORITE FOODS: cheese, or mainly anything with cheese, bread and sweets

FAVORITE EXERCISE: none!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): non-fiction books about health, homemaking, enviromental issues, natural living, the paranormal, and food

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Historical based movies, suspenseful movies, comedy (I HATE chick flicks)

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Survivor, Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Ghost Lab, Amazing Race, Bigget Loser, Law and Order SVU, House, Living With Ed, Wa$ted

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I like everything from big band to celtic but I hate country

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I do not like exercise and I like dessert

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Not sure yet. I guess I am hoping that taking things a few days at a time will help me stick to it

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Dr. Ian's 4 Day Diet

RELIGION: christian

POLITICS: pretty conservative

PIERCINGS: just my ears. Had my belly button done once but the guy did it wrong and it never healed right so when I got pregnant last time I removed it. I would like my nose done but I have already freaked my family out enough with my dreads.

TATTOOS: Someday I want a tattoo of a cupcake but I am not sure where I would put it. I shoul put it on my butt since that is where all the cupcakes I eat end up :D

britticus 01-07-2010 02:49 PM

NAME: Brittany

BIRTHDAY: april 6

MARITAL STATUS: live in boyfriend!

TOP WEIGHT: 216....so says the *** who weighed me at the gym. My scale only ever said 209!

CURRENT WEIGHT: 204

GOAL WEIGHT: first:179 end: 155-145 where ever I feel happy. I don't like looking boney.

HAIR COLOR: blonde.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, squash, tennis....watching a lot of tv!

PETS: I hate animals. I am allergic and Ialways feel bad for the pitiful little things!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: the maritimes

FAVORITE COLOR: black and yellow. just not together...normally.

FAVORITE FOODS: Dairymilk fruit and nut bars, Double quarter pounder, chicken club burger, deep fried veggies with sour cream, chicken wings with ranch. and BACON. I could eat bacon on anything.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: kick boxing!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I am addicted to the sookie stackhouse series. I hate to be a trendy vampire fang banger fan...but I just love them so much!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Princess bride, pulp fiction, donnie darko

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): True Blood, gossip girl, 90210 (yes, I love silly teen dramas!)

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Bush, Nirvana, MGMT is golden!!! I love to dance to techno too :D

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I don't stay motivated for long.....my fave foods are never a good start....and i love anything sweet, chocolatey, salty...sugary!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm turning 25 and I need to make big changes. I want my next quarter century to be a thin one. i'm not getting any younger and children are probably only a few years away. I need to have healthy eating habits to pass on to my children....future children....

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: I'm on day 4 of no candy/chocolate/pop and I have started back at the gym and do my taebo dvd in the morning! Doing a cleanse as well.

RELIGION: I have a nice personal relationship with God.

POLITICS: LIBERAL.

PIERCINGS: Ears and one more I got when I was 18....I don't really put that one in anymore.

TATTOOS: 4. I'd like one more though. Yellow tulips for my faith in humanity, during the holocaust people who provided safe housing for Jews on the run planted them to let them know they could go there. Who knows where a lot of us would be without them :)

alliexmariexrach 01-08-2010 08:58 PM

Name: Allyson

Weight & Height: i weigh 198 and am 5 feet tall

Job: right now i dont have a job/attend school but i do plan on going to cosmotology school

Music: i listen to mainly alt rock, indie, grunge, classic rock but if i started listing bands i could be here typing for a day or two lol

Books: i have a very wide range of book topics that i like but my favorite book is the perks of being a wallflower.

TV: i dont watch tv really just the hockey and baseball games lol

Interests/Hobbies: i like music, tattoos, peircings even though i dont have a single peircing myself lol, im also slightly obsessed with the suicide girls and actually was going to try and become one before i put on so much weight.

Goals: i want to get to 115-120. thats when i felt my best and was happiest with my weight.

Religion: catholic but i dont go to church the people here in my city are very religious if they do attend church and are very strong in their oppinions most of which i feel the complete opposite of.

Politics: im liberal which again goes into the chruch statement above.

Relationship Status: single lol.

britticus 01-09-2010 12:33 AM

It's a lot easier getting through cosmetology school when you are thin!!! The heat is always up to keep the clients warm and you can really work up a sweat massaging someone's already warm body! The last year of doing my job FAT has been painful!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by alliexmariexrach (Post 3084036)
Name: Allyson

Weight & Height: i weigh 198 and am 5 feet tall

Job: right now i dont have a job/attend school but i do plan on going to cosmotology school

Music: i listen to mainly alt rock, indie, grunge, classic rock but if i started listing bands i could be here typing for a day or two lol

Books: i have a very wide range of book topics that i like but my favorite book is the perks of being a wallflower.

TV: i dont watch tv really just the hockey and baseball games lol

Interests/Hobbies: i like music, tattoos, peircings even though i dont have a single peircing myself lol, im also slightly obsessed with the suicide girls and actually was going to try and become one before i put on so much weight.

Goals: i want to get to 115-120. thats when i felt my best and was happiest with my weight.

Religion: catholic but i dont go to church the people here in my city are very religious if they do attend church and are very strong in their oppinions most of which i feel the complete opposite of.

Politics: im liberal which again goes into the chruch statement above.

Relationship Status: single lol.

ushabti 01-11-2010 12:39 AM

Greetings Alternachicks!

I am getting back into the dieting thing after a hiatus of 7 and 1/2 years. This fat thing apparently is not something that is going to just go away on its own! I have tried not thinking about it, trying to slip into exercising, eating vegetarian, and even going vegan for most of a year, and but this darn fat just sticks around. I know that exercise is a key piece and the ball that I generally drop first so figuring out how to keep that one in the air is a major part of my strategy this go round. I am starting to track what I eat and plan to join a reputable gym by where I work that has various exercise classes. My last success (in 2001 and 2002) was with a combo of Weight Watchers and a gym membership. I may join WW online this time. We will see. I think the gym membership is more key at the moment.

Age 50

Weight 260

Goal 150

Virgo

Spirituality - Web of Life-focused, Quaker/Unitarian + Buddhism and various other mystic paths. Like Dr. Bronner, I believe that it's "All one!"

Liberal/Feminist outlook

Diet - mostly vegetarian/vegan

Married
Children (2 at home and 1 out of the nest)
Pets - 2 cats

Profession- Librarian/Geekette

Hobbies - Reading (of course!), watching movies, listening to music of all kinds, traveling, dabbler in gaming, and inner space exploration (IChing, Tarot, meditation, etc). I like to walk in gardens, nature preserves, scenic places, and large cities (when I can afford to travel to them).

alhiser 01-12-2010 03:25 PM

Aj

NAME: Aj

BIRTHDAY: July 2

MARITAL STATUS: married

TOP WEIGHT: 222.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 220

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

EYE COLOR: grey

HAIR COLOR: dark brown/black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music

PETS: none

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Montana

FAVORITE COLOR: black blood red

FAVORITE FOODS: peanut butter, popcorn, red meat, ice cream

FAVORITE EXERCISE: i love to dance.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): thriller

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Tarantino films , classic flicks.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Reality TV junkie.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Huge fan of alternative... esp bands like smashing pumpkins, Bush, nirvana, etc.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: commitment.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Diagnosed with Lupus, and I figure if I am fit, I can manage my lupus better.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: exercise and calorie counting.

RELIGION: athiest

POLITICS: liberal

PIERCINGS: Ears

TATTOOS: 4. I'd like many more. working on a sleeve

melissaw 01-16-2010 05:38 PM

Of course I overlooked this thread last night and started my own all-about-me thread. Ah, well.

NAME: mel

BIRTHDAY: August 17th

MARITAL STATUS: married my high school sweetheart. I've been with him since I was 14 (11 years in March!) and couldn't possibly be more in love. I know, I know. But really.... he's fabulous. <3

TOP WEIGHT: 274 pregnant, 267 not pregnant

CURRENT WEIGHT: 220

GOAL WEIGHT: 170, I think. That will put me at a 'normal' or 'healthy' BMI. We'll see what happens when I get there. I do like being curvy (and boy am I curvy ;) ) but I want, more than anything, to be healthy.

EYE COLOR: brown.

HAIR COLOR: brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am totally into being a mom, and making the best choices for my kids (which in my case includes extended breastfeeding, babywearing, healthy eating, and a general respect for them as, you know, people.) I also love to cook (even when I'm dieting ;) ) and sew.

PETS: no thanks. We're all set as far as responsibilities go. ;) Of course, we did start feeding a family of 4 cats that were hanging out around our house and starting to look quite thin. They don't really count though. They won't let us near them. :rolleyes:

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: the 'Lowcountry' aka southern South Carolina.

FAVORITE FOODS: um... my husband is a chef. An amazing chef. My most favorite food is a creation of his - braised beef ravioli in a cream sauce with toasted walnuts, oregano, and lemon zest. It is amazing. Pretty much everything he makes is, though.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I've been Wii Fit'in it lately. I like the majority of those exercises. Swimming will always be my favorite, though. :)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Hmm. I read a LOT, but I don't really have absolute favorites. I've been reading a lot of Douglas Copeland lately, as my sister bought me 4 of his books for Christmas. ;)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Well... hmm. I like a lot of movies, but again... not too many 'favorites.' I never seem to get tired of classic horror movies... or Steel Magnolias. I am aware that I'm a dork.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): we don't have cable, but we seek out the Office and Dexter. We also randomly got into Bones. Blues Clues is a hit around here. ;)

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I can't seem to get enough Against Me! lately. I love Tom Waits, the Pixies... old *** country (Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly), old punk (Black Flag, Bad Brains, etc), southern rock reminds me of my childhood and makes me smile.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: None currently. :) My husband is not really overweight, but trying to get fit & eat healthy. Sometimes he has weaknesses... and sometimes I can't stay strong when he gets weak. Fortunately that doesn't seem to be a problem lately. :)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm incredibly motivated. Even more than wanting to look good - I want to be healthy. I want to chase my kids around and not be out of breath afterwards. I will lose the weight.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: I eat what is good for you. I eat lean proteins and veggies with whole grains. I keep track of my calories/fat/carbs/protein, I exercise, and I am *always* aware of what does into my mouth. If it's going to keep me fat - I don't eat it. Plain and simple. :)

RELIGION: atheist. I'm also very active on an atheist/agnostic/freethinking parenting board, and have been for about 5 years. [That is the only other online community I am a part of.]

POLITICS: liberal

PIERCINGS: I actually don't wear any anymore. I've always had my ears pierced, and I had my eyebrow and a 'Monroe' for a long time. I haven't worn jewelry in almost a year though, and I took my eyebrow piercing out several years ago.

TATTOOS: one... which I just described on the tattoo thread. ;) My husband and I got matching tattoos when we got married - two skeletons embracing in a coffin. <3

Yep... I suppose that about sums me up.

melissaw 01-16-2010 05:39 PM

Oh, right... and I clearly like to wink and smile. And roll my eyes. You'll figure that out with a quickness though. Hahaha.

fiveminutes 01-17-2010 10:54 PM

NAME: lesley

BIRTHDAY: july 17

MARITAL STATUS: single

TOP WEIGHT: 305

CURRENT WEIGHT: 222.9

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HAIR COLOR: brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: i am very into music, video games, hiking, camping, books

PETS: 1 cat of my own, aj who is black and white (i call him my moo-cow kitty :D) and is 5 years old, a 12 week old beagle named gizmo, and my mom has two cats, sita who is 7 and zoe who is 8

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: jacksonville, fl (and i hate it sooo much. cant wait to get out of here)

FAVORITE COLOR: blue

FAVORITE FOODS: macaroni and cheese. it is my biggest weakness....

FAVORITE EXERCISE: i love to swim and used to be excellent, but i've let myself go and can barely do 50 meters without dying, but i'm starting the wii sports active challenge tomorrow

FAVORITE BOOK(S): harry potter. yes, i am a dork :)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): the neverending story

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): i like dexter, cold case, the forgotten, criminal minds, and i am an investigative discovery adict

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: i like a lot of independent artists and local artists. so, tegan and sara, northern state, garrison starr, neko case, tori amos, madi diaz, american princes, incubus, we are scientists, an horse, the spazzys, sia, le tigre, smashing pumpkins, yeah yeah yeahs and there are loads more.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: motivation

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i have set goals for myself, and i have my ultimate goal and that reward at the end

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: i don't really have one

RELIGION: atheist. i believe in god, but i don't associate with any organized religion

POLITICS: no party affiliation. i vote for who think has the best overall policies and plans

PIERCINGS: at one point i had 6 piercings, but now i am down to just my labret

TATTOOS: 14 and my reward for reaching my ultimate goal is my 15th tattoo :)

squishybuggles 01-23-2010 02:53 PM

Hi, first post here. Can I join you guys? :)

NAME: Dayna

BIRTHDAY: Cinco de Mayo!

MARITAL STATUS: Married

TOP WEIGHT: 190

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

EYE COLOR: Hazel (brown/green/yellow)

HAIR COLOR: It changes. Naturally dirty blonde.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to create...crafts, writing, art, etc. Love spending time with my kids, reading, camping, hiking, etc.

PETS: 2 cats. 4 chickens, 1 duck.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southern California

FAVORITE FOODS: Starchy carbs...bread, pasta, etc.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Hiking, swimming, tennis...I don't do any of these enough anymore.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to name! I love David Sedaris, Jack Kerouac, Chuck Palahniuk to name a few favorite authors.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Again, too many to name! Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my all-time faves.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Dexter, Weeds, The Tudors, Glee!, Always Sunny

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Lots and lots of indie, folk, classic rock.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Lack of motivation, late night eating, exhaustion

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I hope this forum will give me some accountability!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Better eating, more exercise

RELIGION: Agnostic.

POLITICS: Pretty liberal.

PIERCINGS: I had many but took them all out.

TATTOOS: One

mauvaisroux 01-23-2010 06:08 PM

Welcome to all the new members! :D

LowEndLady 01-24-2010 10:12 AM

I've been lurking and reading for awhile. Just finally getting around to posting. :dizzy:

NAME: Melissa

BIRTHDAY: October 20th

MARITAL STATUS: Married for over 10 years.

TOP WEIGHT: 234 lb

CURRENT WEIGHT: 158 lb

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 - 145 lb

HAIR COLOR: Currently black and fuchisa

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music and art.

PETS: None right now, but will be getting some kit-cats after we get moved in a couple of weeks.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northwest US

FAVORITE COLOR: Black

FAVORITE FOODS: French fries, chips, and the occasional cinnamon roll

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Dancing, running

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Sacrament, The Secret Life of Salvador Dali, Anything By Clive Barker

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Pink Floyd’s The Wall, High Fidelity,

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Don’t watch a lot of TV right now, but I’ll catch an occasional Mythbusters

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Green Day, The Ramones, rock, punk, pretty much anything to some extent (with the exception of country).

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Stress, I hate watching what I eat, I like drinking with my friends (musicians = free booze).

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Hopefully I’ll stick with it. I’ve found a place where I can maintain without obsessing over food, but I’d really like my clothes to fit again. Unfortunately those two aren’t mutually exclusive.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Whole, healthy foods with an occasional deviation.

RELIGION: N/A

POLITICS: The less stupid the better.

PIERCINGS: 4 active, 4 others closed

TATTOOS: A few. Currently working on half sleeves for both arms.

Technosexual 01-25-2010 05:34 PM

Just me!

This is definitely a support group for me! I've also contributed to the 100 lb. Club, and have been reading the 20-Somethings. They all fit!

My name is Jen, I'm turning twenty-five soon. I'm Aquarius.

Separated from a very badly thought out marriage, and getting divorced this year. I have been with my current boyfriend for almost two years.

I describe myself as a nerd/geek/gamer.

I have my ears pierced and gauged, and six facial/body piercings. Have many others that have closed.

I want tattoos, but, I don't want to get any before I've lost all of my extra weight.

I like metal, alternative, grunge, punk, classic rock, techno, pop, and... Well, lots of music.

I spend a lot of time on my laptop, reading forums, news articles, and just whatever I happen to Google.

My boyfriend and myself both play World of Warcraft in the evenings.

I like horror movies, a little anime, comedies, drama, and documentaries.

I'm agnostic.

I also have a daughter, who I'm probably spending time with if I'm not online. Studying with her to make her super smart! Ha-ha.

I love animals. I have three ferrets, and an anole. I pride myself in taking the best care of my pets that I can, and I'm not shy about providing useful information when it comes to pet care.

I love reading and learning new things.

I enjoy educational television shows ( Travel Channel, TLC, History. ), cartoons, reality shows ( Wife Swap! ), and court shows ( Judge Judy! ).

I'm currently unemployed, living with my single mom, my younger sister, and my daughter. I am actively looking for a job, and hope to go to school at some point, probably for nursing.

I have over 100 lbs. to lose at 230 lbs.

5'2".

I'm doing low carb/low cal.

My biggest downfall when it comes to weight loss is not having enough patience.

I'd love to talk to any fellow Alternachicks out there! I have AIM, Yahoo!, and MSN chat messengers. If you think you'd like to have a conversation outside of this forum, message me with what chat service you use, and we'll hook up! :D ( Edit: For some reason, I assumed that this forum had user-to-user messaging, but, I can't seem to find it. I'll be sure to add more of my contacts to my profile. )

We can talk about our diets, how much weight we've lost, our tips, tricks, how much it sucks to be overweight, how we can't wait to reach our goals, and we can keep each other on track! Or, you know, anything we feel like talking about.

Not interested in talking about religion or politics.

SalaamDementia 01-25-2010 10:26 PM

NAME: Nay

BIRTHDAY: June 22

MARITAL STATUS: Quite single.

TOP WEIGHT: 277

CURRENT WEIGHT: 265

GOAL WEIGHT: 175-ish

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Uh, thats a hard one. Its in the process of growing out from years of black dye jobs and a few failed stripping attempts. So its black, red, blonde, brown, a bit of orange. It goes to my waist, so growing out the natural blonde is going to take a while...

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, art, computers

PETS: My little black pomeranian, Gizmo. <3

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Colorado

FAVORITE COLOR: Black or purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Hot wings, burn your mouth and make your eyes water hot wings. :D

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Biking, walking, cardio

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to name, favorite authors are Poppy Z Brite, Laurell K Hamilton and Edward Lee

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Any good horror movie.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Simpsons, Family Guy, House, Bones

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Super eclectic tastes here, but my favorites are Skold, KMFDM, Gothminister, Static X, Rob Zombie, Tool, Dope Stars Inc, Hanzel und Gretyl.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I get over emotional or stressed and all I want to do is binge.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm finding new ways to cope with my emotional levels - one big one is working out until I'm calm and tired. I've got a lot invested emotionally and financially to losing the weight this time.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Metabolic Research Center

RELIGION: Agnostic. Grew up in the church and once I was old enough to have my own say, I decided it just wasn't for me.

PIERCINGS: Lip, eyebrow, 8 holes in each ear lobe, vertical industrial and tragus in left ear, horizontal industrial in right ear.

TATTOOS: Just one that covers my right forearm. When I reach my goal my gift to myself is going to be another tattoo.

Jaimie 01-28-2010 05:34 AM

NAME: Jaimie

MARITAL STATUS:
Single

TOP WEIGHT: 290

CURRENT WEIGHT: 272

GOAL WEIGHT: 130-135

HAIR COLOR:
natural- dark blond, current- pink w/ purple highlights, next- chestnut brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, photography, scrapbooking, sewing, swimming, music, movies, shopping

CHILDREN: none and undecided if I want any

PETS: 3 dogs, 2 goldfish

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeast Michigan; Detroit Metro Area

FAVORITE COLOR: blue

FAVORITE FOODS: pizza, pasta, garlic, bread, homemade cookies

FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming

FAVORITE AUTHOR(S): A few...Jane Austen, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurell K. Hamilton, Janet Evanovich, Charlaine Harris, Keri Arthur, Stephanie Meyer, Katie MacAlister, Stephanie Rowe, Jacquelyn Frank, Kerrelyn Sparks, Lynsay Sands, Meg Cabot, MaryJanice Davidson, Claire Delacroix, Colleen Gleason, Lara Adrian, Eloisa James, Susan Carroll, Anne Rice, Mary Shelley, Phillipa Gregory, Charlotte Bronte, Nancy Mackenzie, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Juliet Marillier, Kim Harrison, Yasmine Galenorn, Colleen Gleason, Cate Tiernan, Kelley Armstrong, P.C. Cast, Rachel Caine, Richelle Mead and Lauren Willig

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Princess Bride, Robin Hood Men In Tights, Pride & Prejudice, Trainspotting, Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's, the Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Garden State, Almost Famous, Elizabethtown, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Mean Girls, Kill Bill 1 & 2, The History of the World Part 1, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Wizard of Oz, Pulp Fiction, The Raiders of the Lost Arc, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Mystic Pizza, Casino Royale, The Devil Wears Prada, Walk the Line, Knocked Up, Superbad, Talledega Nights, Elizabeth, Shakespeare in Love, Wedding Crashers, The Dutchess, Some Like It Hot, MASH, Blazing Saddles, The Philidelphia Story, Ghostbusters, There's Something About Mary, Animal House, Caddyshack, Father of the Bride, Good Morning Vietnam, Roman Holiday, An Affair to Remember, My Fair Lady, The African Queen, It Happened One Night, To Catch A Thief, The Bridges of Madison County, The Addams Family, Hocus Pocus, Hot Shots, Star Trek

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Don't watch much TV live, but I TiVo, Hulu, or get them from Netflix...Psych, Ghost Hunters, NCIS, Alias, Buffy, Gilmore Girls, True Blood, Castle, Chuck, 90210, Project Runway, Royal Pains, and Top Chef

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: here are some that I like...AC/DC, Aerosmith, The Allman Brothers, Bach, Bayside, The Beatles, Beethoven, Beyonce, Billy Squire, Black Sabbath, Blink 182, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, Bob Segar, Bon Iver, Boston, Brad Paisley, Brand New, Britney Spears, Carrie Underwood, The Cars, CCR, Cheap Trick, Christina Aguleria, The Clash, The Clientele, Coconut Records, Coldplay, The Cranberries, CSN, Damien Rice, Damien Rice, Death Cab ,for Cutie, The Decemberists, Depeche Mode, Destiny's Child, Dolly Parton, The Doors, The Eagles, Elton John, Enya, The Flaming Lips, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, The Four Tops Garth Brooks, George Strait, Godsmack, Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Hawthorne Heights, Heart, Interpol, Jack's Mannequin, Jack Johnson, J.Geils Band, Jay-Z, Jean-Yves Thibaudet, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Eat World, John Lennon, Johnny Cash, Josh Turner,Journey, Kansas, Keane, Kenny Chesney, Kings of Leon, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Letters to Cleo, Lynyrd Synyrd, Madonna, Machester Orchestra, Marvin Gaye, Michael Buble, Modest Mouse, Mozart, Muse, Nelly, Neil Young, Nirvana, No Doubt, Oasis, Paramore, Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Pete Yourn, Phantom Planet, Pink Floyd, The Postal Service, Queen, RHCP, Regina Spektor, REO Speedwagon, The Rolling Stones, Rush, Ryan Adams, The Shins, Silversun Pickups, Simon & Garfunkel, The Smiths, Something Corporate, Spencer Davis Group, The Starting Line, STP, The Stills, Straylight Run, The Strokes, Sufjan Stevens, The Supremes, Supertramp, Taking Back Sunday, The Talking Heads, Taylor Swift, Tchaikovsky, Ted Nugent, Tegan & Sara, The Temptations, Ten Years After, Tim McGraw, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, U2, Van Halen, Vivaldi, The Weakerthans, The White Strips, The Who, Wings, The Wreckers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, .38 Special

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have a carb addiction....

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to spend the second half of my 20s happy and not be held back because of my weight

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: I've joined WW and follow the points system, but will switch to the Core program eventually. I'm trying to eliminate overly processed foods, cook at home more, and I've eliminated beef and pork from my diet.

RELIGION: I was baptized Catholic when I was a child, but lean more towards spiritual and pagan.

POLITICS: semi-liberal

PIERCINGS: ears for now, nose and lip soon :D

TATTOOS:
none yet, but when I reach goal, it's something I've promised myself that I will get done

Daisy May 01-28-2010 05:52 AM

NAME: Lisa

MARITAL STATUS: Single

TOP WEIGHT: 225

CURRENT WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: light brown with blonde streaks

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: music - going to gigs, bad tv, watching sports, glassware/antiques, tattoos

CHILDREN: none yet, one day!

PETS: 2 cats, 1 dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Sydney, Australia

FAVORITE COLOR: green

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate anything!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming

FAVORITE AUTHOR(S): Hmmmm that is a hard one, i usually ready biographies and autobiographies particularly about musicans. have read a few by marian keyes

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Notebook, Oceans 11/12/13, The Castle, Bridget Jones Diary, Love Actually, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Grease, Dirty Dancing...........

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): usually the trashier the better, luv reality tv! also documentaries on social issues, sex and the city, seinfeld, the news!

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: sooo many but a few favourites, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Fiona Apple, Cat Empire, ac/dc, them crooked vultures, eskimo joe, sarah blasko, the doors, neil young, elton john, powderfinger........

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Exercise phobia and binge eating....

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Tired of carrying this extra baggage, time to move forward and feel confident in myself for the first time in many years.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie watch and exercise

RELIGION: nil really. although not atheist

POLITICS: semi-liberal

PIERCINGS: ears

TATTOOS: 5 tattoos, on back wrist and ankle. cannot wait til i reach my goal weight and i can get another! would like my back to be a full piece eventually.

Elladorine 02-01-2010 06:53 AM

Hi, I'm Karen. :wave: You may have seen me elsewhere. ;)

Although I've been posting in a few different forums on this site, I've been lurking around all over the place trying to figure out where I might fit in. I used to be a bit of a goth girl myself way back in the mid-90's (was "goth" even a term back then?) but strayed away from it out of self-consciousness, I think. But at the same time, I never really felt I fit in with the "norm" and have been told I'm a "free spirit." Maybe this is a good home for me? :dizzy: I've lately hit a slump with my weight loss and have spent a lot of time looking within for answers.

I've always considered myself an artist and have often teetered on the quirky side. I love to draw cartoonish, pin-up style girls with the curvy type of figures I'd love to have myself, lol . . . I'm an apple so I feel like I've got all my curves in the wrong places. :p

I'm 5' 8" and currently in the vicinity of 250 pounds. I hit 360 at my highest (possibly more) so I've lost over 100 pounds. :) I'd like to lose another hundred though and I'm especially eager about the next 30 since I suspect that might get me out of plus sizes. ;)

I used to dye my hair burgundy but I've been at my natural brown for a few years now. I have blueish/greenish eyes and love having very fair skin. I've been known to sunburn in fifteen minutes or less, and here I am, living in the desert! I do pretty well to stay out of the sun though.

I'm originally from the midwest, but moved to Vegas to be with the special guy I met online a couple years ago. It's been an emotional roller coaster but he's been good to me and I haven't regretted a moment of it. :D No kids yet but I've got a tuxedo cat named Koji.

I used to want to get a tattoo and my nose pierced when I lost weight several years back, but I feel like I'm getting too old for that kind of thing and will probably chicken out! Or maybe it's more like . . . well, I'm picky, and I don't know if I could ever settle on a specific tattoo and be happy having it for the rest of my life . . . what if I don't like it ten years from now? :o

As for movies and TV, I'm really into animation more than anything, but my overall interest has waned more and more in the past few years (I sorta went through a lot with my ex and I think it changed me). I like all sorts of music; Tori Amos, The Wallflowers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Goo Goo Dolls, Ani DiFranco, and tons more. I guess my favorite genre would be the 90's though, purely for nostalgia purposes. ;)

If I ever seem withdrawn, it's because I have agoraphobia. It's pretty easy to hide since I'm online, but even then it can affect my posting habits. At my worst point I had severe panic attacks, had no clue what was wrong, and couldn't even leave the house on my own. I'm doing much better now that I know what the real problem is; knowing has allowed me to look for support and find ways to cope. Something that's helped is forcing myself out to be social again in the form of a YMCA membership and TOPS meetings.

Anyway, this looks like a cool place to hang out . . . so here I am getting my introduction post out of the way. ;)

shortandfluffy 02-02-2010 03:14 PM

NAME: Kelli

BIRTHDAY: August, 25

MARITAL STATUS: Married almost 3 years

TOP WEIGHT: 184

CURRENT WEIGHT: 177

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

EYE COLOR: Grey

HAIR COLOR: Dark blonde with highlights and black underneath

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Drawing, painting, reading, video games

PETS: Three boxer dogs.. one of which is a rescue from Austin

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeast Texas.. booooring!

FAVORITE COLOR: GREEN!

FAVORITE FOODS: Anything chocolate, cheese, pizza.. mmmm

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Just got into doing 30DS.. other than that I hate it!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Series by Catherine Feehan – “The Dark” series

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too hard to pick just one.. love too many.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): NCIS, Weeds, Bones, Inuyasha, Cowboy Beebop.. to name a few. I love anime!

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Same with movies.. I like it all!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Enjoy eating wayyyy to much.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Its not only about looking good, but its also about my health.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: LA weight loss.. worked in the past, but I quit 

RELIGION: Raised Southern Baptist. I am a Christian, but not quite sure on some things.

POLITICS: Eh.. I vote for the best “candidate”. Or I just don’t vote.

PIERCINGS: 7 in my ears, 1 in my nose and bellybutton, but I don’t wear jewelry in that one.. belly roll hurts it. LOL

TATTOOS: Only one, but I want more! Just too picky to decide on something.

britticus 02-03-2010 12:19 AM

Glad to see new chicks joining!!!!

sucha d0ll 02-03-2010 06:02 PM

NAME: amber alicia

BIRTHDAY: July 6th

MARITAL STATUS: in a long term relationship. not married - but living together.

TOP WEIGHT: 314 right after I had my daughter in 2006

CURRENT WEIGHT: 289

GOAL WEIGHT: 175; or just enough not to be the token 'fat girl'

EYE COLOR: brown.

HAIR COLOR: black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: i love music. i love movies (bf is a Theater major). spending time with family. going to live shows. i'm an astrology nut - tell me your sign and those whom you care about; and we'll talk forever.

PETS: i have a cat named Lucious. i loved him when he was a tiny furball. but now that he has grown up a bit, and won't stop sh*tting in my closet, i wouldn't mind if he decided to get lost and find another family. *sigh* but i keep him because my 4 yr old loves him.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern California, east bay area to be exact

FAVORITE FOODS: anything mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: eliptical machine

FAVORITE BOOK(S): n/a

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Legend. Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter. Blow. drugs or fantasy? i'm in.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): don't watch too much TV. but i was STUCK on sopranos for a minute. we own the entire series.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: sublime. social distortion. the horror pops. any classic rock (led zepplin, jimi,

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: i am addicted to sugar and starch. i love cupcakes, ice cream, and candy.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:my 4 yr old daughter looked at me the other day and said 'mommy - you're tummy is way too big'. i was pretty devastated. when you're overweight you wort of learn how to avoid dealing with it by trying to pretend it isn't there. that brought me right back down to reality.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: no more sugars, starches, carbs. i'm also on the weight loss drug called phentermine. i'm not sure how people on this site might feel about that. hence why i have started at the 'alternative chick' area.

RELIGION: i was born catholic, and even got confirmed at 16. (i was totally pregnant and hoping to repent i guess lol) but either way - i grew up and sort of left religion to the wayside. i'm not concerned with it. to each his/her own.

POLITICS: n/a

PIERCINGS: ears. had the lip - but then it became really 'in' and i jumped 'out'. lol

TATTOOS: here and there. nada too shabby - nada too fancy.

megphilly 02-05-2010 08:33 PM

NAME: Meg

BIRTHDAY: Nov. 21, 1986

MARITAL STATUS: Single

TOP WEIGHT: 296lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 293lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 150lbs

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Reddish brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Medicine, Psychology, Anthropology, Knitting, Writing, Reading, Music, Movies, Piracy (arr mateys!)

PETS: Two springers: Jocelyn and Berkeley, and a cat: Jack

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Riverside, CA

FAVORITE FOODS: Baked goods--I love baking which makes it worse.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical machine, rowing machine

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Pride and Prejudice, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, To Kill A Mockingbird, Harry Potter, Dracula, The Vampire Chronicles, Waiting for Godot, The Great Gatsby, anything by Shakespeare

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Mummy, Pride & Prejudice, When Harry Met Sally, Sherlock Holmes, Casablanca, Bridget Jones, Ever After, Empire Records, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, anything with John Cusack

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Glee, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Psych, House, Sex and the City, Stargate, Arrested Development, Firefly, Futurama, South Park, M*A*S*H

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Third Eye Blind, Pearl Jam, Rilo Kiley, Regina Spektor, Kate Nash, Lily Allen, Florence + The Machine, Benny Benassi, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren--Mostly Alternative Rock and Techno/House/Electronic, though I do find guilty pleasures in hip hop and pop.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My clinical depression, which is of course only greatly aggravated by my lack of exercise and proper diet

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm being more open and honest and seeking support instead of remaining isolated in denial.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Just plan on eating healthier, smaller portions and exercising as much as I can in the beginning. Don't want to set an exercise routine until I'm adapted to the change and I'm more aware of what I'm capable of.

RELIGION: I'm agnostic, though I was raised Catholic.

POLITICS: Yeah, I just...won't go there right now.

PIERCINGS: Just my ears atm, but contemplating snakebites and a nose piercing.

TATTOOS: Planning on getting one once I reach my goal

ladyblades 02-15-2010 03:58 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Lynn

Geographical location: northern Indiana

Marital Status: we consider ourselves married but the law doesn't recognize same-sex partnerships here in the Midwest yet. I've known I was bisexual since I was 15 but until 3 years ago didn't have a relationship with a woman.

Children/Ages: Childfree by choice

Occupation: owner of Blackwidow Stitchworks. I design things. Lots of cool things. I also teach a Crafts class for adults with developmental disabilities once a month.

Pets: Gina LeBelle a very special black cat born on the full moon rise on the Vernal Equinox in a pagan household 5 yrs ago this March; and Izzy formerly a foster who came to us having kittens and is a foot fetish-ist cat; Spike, a brindle boxer who is very smart and has an attitude, Med, a reverse brindle boxer, who is still a puppy although he will be 3 in March; Danni, a red & black MinPin who definitely rules this house.

Music: everything from Folk to Metal

Books: So many - I love books!

Active Hobbies: Designing home decor, handbags, costumes (SCA, Medieval, Native American), adaptive devices for people with disabilities, collecting cookbooks, gardening, creating rituals, cooking healthy, motorcycles, Living History, collecting fabrics & related things, gathering with friends & family, fiber arts, jewelry making, shopping, internet.

Interests: Blogging, folkcraft (ie: Pieceworks Magazine), vintage linens & costume, knitting, weaving, lacemaking, spinning, more fiber arts.

Religion: I call myself a Unitarian Universalist/green witch. I've been pagan since I was 19 and a UU since I was about 40.

Politics: Liberal Demo

Peircings/tattoos: ears double pieced and One large tat on upper right arm. I'd like more but I give platelets and I don't want to stop doing that just for wearable art. Maybe later in life...

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown and dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: the current journey is starting today

Starting Weight: 237

Present Weight: ----

Goal Weight: 137

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my own demons. I use food compulsively to try to fill a hole in my heart that I have hidden from even myself.

Following any specific plan: Whole Foods and fun activities.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a supportive partner who is not interested in food. I have never been with anyone who thought of food as fuel before.

I love everything alternative but to look at me you may not see it. I am just too cheap to keep up a hair style and too busy to have a distintive style in my dress. I just grab and go most days - whatever is clean and pressed.

I'm sure I've forgotten something...

pinkalarmclock 02-24-2010 03:46 PM

NAME: Brit

MARITAL STATUS: long term relationship

TOP WEIGHT: 190s

CURRENT WEIGHT: 177

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

EYE COLOR: blue-green

HAIR COLOR: brown atm

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, watching movies, playing video games, wasting time

CHILDREN: none

PETS: two cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: virginia

FAVORITE COLOR: I have never picked one

FAVORITE FOODS: sushi and seafood

FAVORITE EXERCISE: elliptical

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Lord of the Flies, The Awakening by Kate Chopin, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Ender's Game, The Stars My Destination, The Day of the Triffids, The Picture of Dorian Gray, and more :3

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Howl's Moving Castle, Mr. Brooks, American Psycho, Fight Club, Seven, A Clockwork Orange, Star Wars, The Boondock Saints, American Beauty, Gattaca, and a few others

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Metalocalypse, Venture Bros., True Blood, Dexter, and BBC's Jekyll

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Muse, The Mountain Goats, Elysian Fields, Mirah...

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Actually getting started

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I actually started it and have gone full force and I am super excited

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Exercise, counting calories/slim-fast

RELIGION: I do not have religion

POLITICS: Actively being inactive in politics

PIERCINGS: 1/2inch gauged ears and an industrial on each ear. all the others are dead.

TATTOOS: 1, clockwork orange face on my left shoulder.

missybct 03-10-2010 04:54 AM

NAME: Becca

BIRTHDAY: Jan 14th 1985

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

TOP WEIGHT: 274lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: (today is weigh in, but I'll put 274lbs)

GOAL WEIGHT: 150lbs

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Alternates between red and dark brown.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, philosophy, psychology, criminology (my degree), sociology, writing, cooking, music, films, walking, gym/swimming, travelling.

PETS: Russian dwarf hamster, aptly named Runt.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Norwich, Norfolk, UK

FAVORITE FOODS: Cheese. Oh man, it's all about the cheese.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Rowing, cross trainer, swimming, yoga, walking.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Jane Eyre, To Kill a Mocking Bird, 1984, Wuthering Heights.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Silence of the Lambs, Juno, Memento, Seven, 500 Days of Summer, Vanilla Sky, Moulin Rouge, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Stardust.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Mock the Week, Charlie Brookers Newswipe, Spaced, Arrested Development, Come Dine With Me.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Oh man, how long have you got. The Presets, Pendulum, The Shins, Breaking Benjamin, 3 Doors Down, Arctic Monkeys, Ladytron, Modest Mouse, Kelly Clarkson (heh), Muse, Death Cab For Cutie, The Birthday Massacre, Fleet Foxes, Florence & The Machine, MGMT, Late of the Pier.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have M.E (Myalgic encephalomyelitis)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Because I need and want to do this more than I can convey!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Weight Watchers, it's worked for me in the past.

RELIGION: None whatsoever.

POLITICS: Left-wing but have no particular party I identify with over in the UK, Liberal Democrats if I was pushed.

PIERCINGS: Ears about five times :D

TATTOOS: One on my right forearm, and I'm going to get another tattoo on my ankle once I've lost 2 stone :D