Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #106  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Hi Ellis! I am doing ok. Mostly just busy. How are you????

As for the Oscars -
George Clooney *sigh* I adore him. I think he is just adorable.
Charlize Theron looked like she was headed to the prom or something. I hated the bow.

I saw Crash, BrokeBack, Good Night & Good Luck, and Walk the Line. I also watched half of Hustle & Flow - it wasn't bad, just not my kind of thing. I saw 2 of the documentary noms too - March of the Penguins and Murderball. The only ones left I still want to see are Capote, History of Violence, Mrs. Hendersen Presents, Transamerica and probably Syriana.

I actually disliked Crash. I loved Brokeback and Good Night. Walk the Line was cool, but long.

Overall, I thought it was a good year for Oscar movies.

And yes I know I am a movie geek.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #107  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm great, Squeak! sorry... didn't mean to take over the movie thread...
I haven't watched a goll-darned theatre movie all year. I need to get out more.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #108  
Cute & Fluffy

Watched Rent today. I saw a stage production of it quite some time ago. As it turns out it still makes me cry. It was really good. Jesse L. Martin is an incredible singer.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #109  
ugggg.....

My son had me watch two videos on the internet--no not that kind....It's a band called Lemon Demon--Geeks in Love and Ultimate Showdown are hilarious...
Old 03-15-2006, 02:04 PM   #110  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Default More Movies in Days Creek

Since I am too lazy/busy/etc to drive 35 miles to the nearest theater - most of my reviews will be videos.

Moulin Rouge - this movie was just unwatchable. I love musicals, but this was way to corny even for me - I bet I didnt see more than a half hour before I got too bored to watch the rest.

Fog - not bad - good plot, bit of a twist - scary in parts

Guess Who - way funny and cute and timely

Monster in Law - I liked it, mostly because it made me realize that my mother in law could have been much worse and she changed her tune when faced with her own alternatives

Flightplan - slow starter but very good and worth the time, suspense, mystery, all the good stuff

Elizabethtown - I thought sure this would be some dumb talking romantic comedy, but instead it was a very entertaining and heartwarming romantic comedy that wasnt really about the romance - made me want to take a road trip with my dad.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:28 AM   #111  
Pending Email Confirmation

watched the upside of anger and really enjoyed it. it was sad and funny and entertaining all around. bit more chickish than i usually watch but it was really good and i'm glad i rented it.

i also loved elizabethtown. thanks for reminding me i want to put it in the queue. gotta watch it again. i know it's weird to say, but it reminded me of harold and maude.. well, i guess i mean to say that i felt the same at the end of both movies...
Old 03-21-2006, 07:12 AM   #112  
Cute & Fluffy

This weekend I watched:
Collateral - It was ok. I enjoyed Jamie Foxx. Tom Cruise was ok.
Zathura - cute kids movie. It is pretty much Jumanji in space.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #113  
Pending Email Confirmation

we watchced Zathura too, and thought it was very disappointing. Jumanji was so much better. I suppose children don't care as much about plots or the holes therein, but they shouldn't assume that 1. children have no common sense and 2. adults won't be watching. *L*

speaking of children's movies, i rented one that i enjoyed when i was little called "Dot and the Kangaroo" and it was horrid. I was so disappointed and we only watched like a few minutes, fast forwarding to see if it gets better. I still think for a movie that old the idea of putting cartoon characters w/ a background of real scenery was pretty cool. funny how something you could adore as a child is so different as an adult.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #114  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Zathura - totally Jumangi in space - it was even made by the same people - sure they tweeked the plot a bit but not much - hello - new stories - not recycled old ones. Jumangi was awesome but has Robin Williams ever made a bad movie?

Iron Giant - animated - excellent movie - good story line - maybe even a bit on the adult side - loved it.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - for the first time I have read the book first - and while they cut tons out of the story line - I think they covered the important parts and of course the effects were awesome. Having read the book first I was hoping for more of that in the movie - but I guess it would have to be a 5 hr movie considering the book was 3 inches thick.

This weekend we are getting Saw II and Sharkboy and Lava Girl - I will let you know if Saw II is as good as the first - now that we know the bad guy - not sure it will have the same twisted ending - but we'll see.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #115  
Cute & Fluffy

Jumanji was MUCH better, but for a kids movie, I thought Zathura was ok. I thought the astronaut was cute.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #116  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Against my wishes we watched "Teh 40-year Old Virgin" It was dumb but had a few funny moments.

We also watched Skeleton Key which wasn't bad either.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #117  
Cute & Fluffy

I was wondering about the 40 Year old Virgin. I will probably end up skipping it.

I did watch Wedding Crashers, against my better judgement, and actually it was really funny. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:54 PM   #118  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Sqeak - that is so weird because I had a dream about Wedding Crashers last night and I havent seen the movie yet. I didnt even remember the dream until just now when I read your post - strange - I must have seen the commercial right before I went to sleep or something.

Glad to hear it was good.

Not too interested in the 40 yo virgin - as I age my tolerance for low brow humor has waned.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 250/185/130

hey guys!!!

in my opinion wedding crashers and 40 year old virgin were both very long movies, i believe each over 2 hours which is really long for a comedy, but i must say that wedding crashers was really funny, vince vaughn was hilarous. skip 40 year old virgin, it seems to drag on.

i think that jarhead is out on dvd, that was a really good movie too, i recomend that.

saw II was alright, i thought that the acting was better in this on than in the first one and the plot was tied together really well, and you get to know the guy behind everything better too, its always nice to get both perspectives!!

-lauren
Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #120  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

We watched Jarhead last night and DH and I both thought it was good.

RE: 40 year old Virgin - I've never found comedies about some guy trying to get laid very amusing - didn't like the American Pie Movie either - guess they are more funny if you are an adolescent male One thing I did find funny was the lead character's huge collection of Star Wars and other collectibles, I know people like that
Closed Thread