Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:44 AM   #151  
it's always something

I liked the Island, too! I also liked Constantine

Squeaker, I saw Derailed a couple of days ago and I agree, I saw that one coming. With just a little bit of tweaking, they could have done a better job. Something seemed SO familiar, though, I wondered if it was a remake.

I recently rented Everything is Illuminated, a strange film starring Elijah Wood. I really liked it! It was definitely unusual, but very good. Quirky. But good
Old 05-09-2006, 06:52 AM   #152  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Suzanne, I am not sure if it is a remake.

I watched Serenity last night. All I knew is the boy really liked the series & movie, and thought I might, and Joey from One Life To Live was in it (he plays the Captain) . I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if I would. I am not a *huge* Sci Fi fan, but I did like like the movie quite a bit. This was just the kind I like. Funny, good characters and an interesting story line. Now I just have to watch the series.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #153  
Pending Email Confirmation

i have everything illuminated in the queue for netflix. it looked pretty good to me. can't wait to see it.

Watched the Japanese horror flick "Audition" and quite honestly, I'm still confused. About 3/4 of the way in you start feeling it's a bit creepy, but also you're not sure why it's a horror film. And then the last 1/4 you are just confused as **** and bombarded with horrific images. I love japanese horror in general, and I honestly am still not sure what to make of it. I think I liked it?

Have discovered another new to me show, Huff. I am loving it. It'll take me a bit to catch up on all the episodes but I really a lot like what I've seen so far.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:33 AM   #154  

I loved audition!

You say you are not sure if it is a horror film??? Was not what she did to those guys scarey enough for you???!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:33 AM   #155  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Speaking of Asian horror films . . .we watched Evil Dead Trap on Saturday night. Not sure if I like it or not. There were some really horrible moments and it seemed to go on forever. There were two spots where the movie could have easily ended but then it took another directions and the darned killer would not die! The end was kind of gross too.

I usually like these types of movies but it seemed like it was just gratuitous violence, a lame plot and not very scary at all. Just icky!

I like the Ring (original version, not the American one) and The Eye - those films rattled your nerves, got into your head and under your skin - much more creepy and scarey.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #156  
Cute & Fluffy

I watched a few movies this weekend.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - I actually really liked it, but haven't read the novel - so I have nothing to base it on. But an enjoyable movie.

The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe. - Eh. It was ok. Long.

The Visitation - Eh. Kind of predictable. Nothing great.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #157  

peacock - oh no, it was definately a horror movie. it's just the beginning is so slow, and you're not sure where the movie is going for quite a while. definately creepy at the end!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #158  

It actually made me laugh i I guess because it is rare from the predator to be a female. The boot was on the other foot for a change!
Old 05-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #159  

hehehe. til the foot was chopped off.

my hubby keeps following me around saying "deeper deeper deeper"... evil man.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #160  

We went to see "See No Evil" on Saturday night. It was okay but a bit predictable in some spots. Some reall gross moments. And well, Kane looked like Kane and didn't say much so he was pretty much himself
Old 05-23-2006, 04:06 AM   #161  

Acacia - korean horror film. just hated it. so disappointing.

The Family Stone - usually don't do chick movies but this one was pretty good. i even didn't mind Sara Jessica Parker.

The Da Vinci Code - I'm not sure. I think it's somewhere between really liked it, and think it could use some improvements. I am one of like 3 people on earth who haven't read that book. I think I may want to read it now. It was good in general but a few times just had that sort of treasure hunt kind of feeling to it that I felt was a little cheesy. Overall I enjoyed it though.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:09 PM   #162  
Cute & Fluffy

This past weekend I saw -

Pink Panther (the one with Steve Martin) - it was cute. Nothing great, but entertaining.

Over the Hedge - I loved it. I thought it was really funny, and very cute.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #163  

Closing to start a new thread
Closed Thread