Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #16  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness
I can not wait til Serenity comes out. That one I will pay for and tolerate the bafoons and babies to watch. We are counting down the days.
I bought our opening day tickets for Serenity yesterday on Fandango. Woohoo!! Last weekend I knit a "Jane hat" for my husband to wear to the movie.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #17  

You know, oddly enough, I have encountered less rude people in movie theaters in Chicago than in have in small and medium sized towns and cities where I lived before? Part of it might be that we tend to go see more artsy fartsy movies in theaters, and that attracts a more attentive crowd. It's also really expensive to see movies so maybe people are more apt to shut up and get their money's worth from the experience!

But, then again, when we went to see the Shining at the Gene Siskel Film Center, some ******* spent most of the movie cramming his knee into the back of my chair (even after I pushed back in my seat violently, probably brusing his knee cap) so that kind of blows my whole theory.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #18  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Just finished watching Monster In-Law. Funny light-hearted movie
Old 09-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #19  
Cynical RedHead

Hi, i am new to the forum, and the alternachicks seem to be my sort of crowd! I will post a little while before I bore everyone with my bio

I just saw Sin City and thought the cinematography was amazing! Now I wish I had gone to the movies to see it on the big screen.

I am trying to watch Bruce Campbell's "The Man with the Screaming Brain." It has been playing on scifi, but I fell asleep after the first hour. Not because it was bad, but because I was tired and it was late.

I also just watched "Taxi" with Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon. Queen Latifah was pretty funny; Jimmy Fallon, not so much. It was a *cute* movie.

I look forward to chatting with you all.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:08 PM   #20  

My husband and I went to see 2046, a film by Chinese director Wong Kar Wai, last night. This was a sequel to his film In the Mood for Love, which Jeff loves but I haven't seen. Even though I wasn't in the mood for a foreign indie talky-talky movie, it was still really good. I cried a couple times and spent some time thinking about it while doing the dishes this morning, and that's always a good sign.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:13 PM   #21  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Default HellBoy

I watched Hellboy last night - eh - it had some funny parts and some so-so action and maybe a touching moment or 2 but it was really kind of dull and dumb. I kept getting interrupted and watched the movie in bits but I dont think that mattered - It was better than Annie Hall - but not as good as Van Helsing.

When it was over and I turned on something else - I had the weirdest feeling I hadnt seen the end but it was a corning ending so that is why.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #22  

Liz.. I saw Emily Rose too.. was a bit disappointed..as you say it was marketed as the next Exorcist.. but using a court room to tell her "true" story was a nice vehicle... The best thing about it was that we tried some popcorn, sans butter and opted for Kernal Seasoning nacho cheese... AMAZING AND ADDICTING .. a definite keeper! Will be buying some of dat dare Kernal at www.nomorenakedpopcorn.com

Saw 4 Brothers.. again ..okay... predictable ..
Old 09-26-2005, 10:28 AM   #23  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am looking forward to seeing "Corpse Bride" ...has anyone seen it yet?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #24  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I did! I loved it. My nephew had fun too. It is very "Tim Burton".
Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #25  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Oh Good! Maybe I will go and see it this weekend
Old 09-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #26  
Pending Email Confirmation

We watched a disappointing Ring 2 this weekend. I must admit I slept through a big chunk of the middle... not that it made much of a difference. The story was lacking and since it was basically the same as before there wasn't much that was scary as we'd already seen it. The little boy in that movie isn't too bad an actor, but I can't really say the same about the rest of the cast.

Started season 4 of OZ and it's awesome, as usual.
Hubby watched a film from Hungary called Kontroll. He really liked it. I slept through most of it too, so I really don't have an opinion.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:43 PM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

Did I mention how excited I am that Serenity is coming out this week? We're gonna wait and see it on a weekday at night but I CAN NOT WAIT!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #28  

I really want to see Corpse Bride, too. I think it will be a fun Halloween movie.

We're going to a 24-hour horror movie marathon on October 13/14! That's why I love my husband so. He's not even a big horror movie fan, but is willing to indulge my obsessions.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:19 PM   #29  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Mergatroid
We're going to a 24-hour horror movie marathon on October 13/14! That's why I love my husband so. He's not even a big horror movie fan, but is willing to indulge my obsessions.
My best friend is like that, which is why he is my best friend and I love him very much. He even took me to see A Hard Day's Night at a theatre by his house. Even after I told him it was early Beatles music (he likes the later stuff), b&w, and had no plot. After the movie I found out he didn't even understand most of what they said. But he sat next to me quietly, and let me enjoy myself. For him, I watched Dune (which I didn't like even if Sting was in it).

Is Serenity the one with Joey from One Life to Live (Nathan Fillion)?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #30  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

We saw Serenity last night. OMG OMG OMG I'm going to shut up now so I don't give anything away, but there was much laughing, crying and thunderous applause in the theatre. I took a picture as we came out, of the crowd down below in the lobby waiting for the next show. Many Jayne hats
Closed Thread