Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:08 PM   #136  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Another movie weekend.

Skeleton Key - ok, not great. But a fun movie.

American History X - I was really impressed with this one. It was really interesting, and sad.

sex, lies & videotape - I liked this one. When it was first out, I wasn't old enough to see it. I was only 12. I just got around to renting it. I love James Spader. And he was at his creepy/weird best!
Old 04-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #137  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

I watched Brokeback Mtn last night - I agree with Lizz that in some respects it was a let down - I guess I expected a different ending and it seemed like they cut out a bunch - at one point I thought the whole movie was just a fantasy of Jacks' and that they never really got together.

As for being graphic - I suppose if one is a homophobe it was - but not graphic compared to the avg sex scene gay or otherwise - the time Buffy and Spike finally got together was way more graphic and longer and that was on prime time tv.

People just have to ***** about something.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:00 PM   #138  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Squeaker - I liked Skeleton Key too but I saw the end coming a mile away

I really enjoyed American History X too even though the subject matter was distressing.

Haven't seen Brokeback yet.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:29 PM   #139  
Pending Email Confirmation

American History X is one of my faves. It definately is some graphic and upsetting material, but I think sometimes you need a movie like that. Plus Ed Norton was amazing, and for some reason I have to see any movies that Edward Furlong is in - some crazy jr high crush from t-2 that still resides in the back of my mind. *LOL*

on a side note - haven't seen any new movies, but found a new show that i am enjoying. Really like Big Love, I think it's on HBO.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #140  

Squeaker - funny you should mention sex, lies and videotape. I thnk i saw it before ont he TV and I just saw it again yesterday on a rented DVD. It was slow to start with and Andie McDowall - whatever her name is is no actress (stick ot the L'oreal commercials!) but I did start to enjoy it. Funny how he did not llike the table being turned and asked personal questions about himself! Typical bloke!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:38 PM   #141  

I saw "V for Vendetta" - it is an excellent movie.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #142  

watched a few this weekend. first we watched henry rollins shock and awe. he's always phenomenal to watch, this was no exception. slow start but got much better. material is somewhat dated now but still a great performance as always.

constantine - meh! i slept through most of it and still the parts i saw i didn't feel like i had missed a thing. another sample of two good actors in bad roles.

mrs henderson presents - it was just great. judi dench is always amazing and the chemistry between her and Bob Hoskins just made this movie. I would definately recommend this one... there is a lot of nudity, but nothing that is distateful for those who might be concerned about that.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #143  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness

constantine - meh! i slept through most of it and still the parts i saw i didn't feel like i had missed a thing. another sample of two good actors in bad roles.
Me too! And I agree. It was OK I guess, but I will respectfully decline on the acting bit. I don't think Keanu is all that good. The only upside to the movie was Gavin Rossdale in it, even just briefly.

I also watched Derailed. Yuck! I guess I had a very different idea of what the movie was about. I was expecting more of a psychological thriller. It was more of your average action movie. It was also WAY too violent for my tastes. Only good thing - Clive Owen. And I could see the twist coming from a mile away.

And lastly - Memories of a Geisha. It wasn't bad. It was a very pretty movie. Kinda slow moving, but interesting.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #144  

Re Constantine - Gavin Rossdale was good in that, wasn't he? Does anyone know if he is in anything else?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #145  

I personally think that while he is pretty to look at, he should stick to singing. But then, it could just have been the movie because they all were pretty bad actors in my opinion in that movie, and I've seen Rachel Weisz in other things and she was great. Keanu well... I think he is out of his element in any role that resembles intelligence. *LOL* He did great in Matrix, but that's about all I've seen him in that was good.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:00 AM   #146  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyl53
I saw "V for Vendetta" - it is an excellent movie.
I've been wanting to see V for Vendetta for a while now and finally went to see it this weekend. I agree with your comment about it being a good thought provoking movie. It might even be worth a second viewing.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:12 AM   #147  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness

I liked Constantine. I think people either really liked it or really hated it. I tend to like "dark" movies and enjoyed figuring out what exactly the director was trying to depict. There were a lot of hidden or covert meanings.

Speaking of which, the hairs on my arms stand up when I think of the line Keanu asks the girl. "Do you believe in the devil? Well you should, he believes in you." Something like that. Freaky!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:08 AM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by webweevil
I liked Constantine. I think people either really liked it or really hated it. I tend to like "dark" movies and enjoyed figuring out what exactly the director was trying to depict. There were a lot of hidden or covert meanings.

Speaking of which, the hairs on my arms stand up when I think of the line Keanu asks the girl. "Do you believe in the devil? Well you should, he believes in you." Something like that. Freaky!
I really like the movie "Constantine" too. That is a good line Constantine says to her regarding the devil believing in her. I was surprised that her character didn't believe in the devil after it was shown she was rather religious. I got the special edition of Constantine which shows the alternate ending. Has anyone stayed to the end of the credits where you see Constantine at the grave of Chaz and you get to see Chaz briefly and what happened to him after his death? If not, go to the end of the credits....I'm glad they did this for the character of Chaz.

Cyl
Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #149  

I enloyed that film too! Keanu Reeves is good in those types of roles
Old 05-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #150  

We watched The Island on the weekend. It was actually pretty good

Also watched the remake of the horror film "The Blob: - we laughed our butts off at that one - just too silly!
Closed Thread