Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I have a late brother. If dinner is at 3, I get there at 2 to help set up, DB 1 gets there with his family around 3:30, DB2 gets there around 4:00 and then the LATE one gets there around 8PM, as we are finishing up cleaning and putting everything away. I love him but he drives me bananas.

Tiki.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks ellis - I will call you when I get home from work tonight

BTW- the bookstore I went to on Saturday is called Dragantail, it is on Somerset just down the block from the cheapie clothing store we love

I noticed a huge sign up the street advertising condos for sale (to be built) looks like the street may be in for a little revitalization. Also some contractors were out front of the buildings across the street from my place looking at blueprints the other week and Angelo, (the neighbour who is returning) said he hopes to start work on his place this month..

and they are going to knock down the empty restaurant on booth (just up the street from the mob front cafe ) and put up a small apartment building there. Looks like there will be some new blood in the old hood!

My mum and I are on the verge of going across the street and picking up all the garbage that the tenants left behind after the fire. It is an eyesore and has been sitting there since November and since the owner of the house has sold it to a developer they won't do anything about it The place next to it that also burned has some tulips growing in the front yard, how sad yet symbolic of regrowth and renewal.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #18  

If I don't cut my grass, I am sure my neighbors will be posting comments about my lawn real SOON! That is definitely on the Wednesday agenda. Today is cheer practice and then I have GOT to get to Target's for dishwashing liquid and tank tops. The shoulders and arms are looking pretty decent so I plan to grab a few to wear at practice. Gotta get my tan on!

Tiki.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:22 PM   #19  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Playing hooky from work again today. I went in for a few hours, but my head is killing me. What are the chances you can have your sinuses removed? What are they for anyway. Nice thing is I am sick, but not *that* sick, so I can at least get stuff done around the house.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #20  

Hope you are feeling better soon Squeak!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Squeak! Get better soon, sweetie.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:07 PM   #22  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hmmm i think I am the late sister. Darn me!

Squeak, I had a friend who had his sinuses removed. It was an emergency. Apparently did it in the ER, hooked him up to a machine like a big ol' vacuum cleaner and it sucked them out. He said it was the most painful experience of his life and now, he's sick all the time.

I think I was to be an book editor. Work at a publishing house. My professor says it's cut throat but it sounds like such a fun job.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #23  

I am an unofficial editor. My boss writes murder mysteries and I read and edit them. He writes pretty good, the stories are good and I get to fuss and yell at him for making mistakes without fear of losing my job. What could be better? Oh yeah, I guess he could PAY ME for the editing!

Tiki
Old 05-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #24  

What a hoot, Tiki! Yeah, you definitely deserve a raise for THAT!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:32 AM   #25  
On the Leash of My Senses

The second part of my sommelier program started yesterday. Would you like to see what my desk looked like when I walked in after break?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mykindadesk.jpg (18.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #26  

Wow, ggbun... looks wonderful!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:38 AM   #27  

Wow! Good luck with your program

This weekend I managed to get most of the front yard cleaned up, flowers planted and hanging baskets made up. This week I will have to tackle the stuff growing around the tree and trimming broken branches.

The next job is to paint the trim on the front porch and above the doorway and then painting the front door and fixing the mesh on the screen door. Jinkies there's a lot of stuff to do to prep the house for summer

We also went out to dinner on Sunday. We went to a great Italian restaurant and had a wonderful meal including some amazing Tiramisu for dessert! Then the owner sent us some Limoncella liquors for free since we were celebrating our wedding anniversary
Old 05-16-2005, 10:02 AM   #28  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I didn't get anything done on the yard this weekend. We had a few breaks in the weather, but we were just too busy. Sunday we had Mother's Day observed for my mom (She was out of town on the actual Mother's Day) We went out for high tea at a new tea shop in town. It was soooo fabulous. It's been a couple years since we did that, and Mom had a great time.

I even managed to keep diet damage to a minimum; After the tea sandwiches, my sister and I split a scone, and had a treat and a half of the final course of intricate miniature desserts (instead of the 4 per person set out) We packed the extra's home with Mom. Then we took the whole family on a 3 mile hike.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #29  
On the Leash of My Senses

Congratulations on your anniversary, Mauvais!

J & I rode out to the 'burbs this weekend to visit friends. (10 miles/16 k each way)! I felt very tuff riding my bike with traffic whizzing by at 80k/hr. I like city riding better, really. It was the longest ride I'd been on since I got pregnant (and therefore stopped training to ride across Canada!). My legs were a little spaghetti-y when I got home, but better almost instantly. I don't hurt at all today. It's amazing, I remember it took so long for me to get into shape the first time, it seems to come back a lot easier. It's been over two years.

I only lost a pound this week, but I had discovered that the toddler appeared to have been playing with the bathroom scale, which may or may not have happened before I weighed in last, so maybe I didn't lose 6 pounds last week after all. Oh well, I definitely weigh 7 lbs less than I did at the beginning of the month - and that's what counts. Another half a pound & I'm 10% done!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 05-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #30  

Good job at tea. Wish I could say I did as well at lunch on Saturday. I didn't order any mixed drinks, but did order a high fat entree. I felt bad because when I ordered it, I thought it was one thing, but when they brought it out, heck it was fried, not grilled. I ate it anyway and then skipped the rest of my meals for the evening (except the one margarita).

Tiki.
Closed Thread