Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 10:15 AM   #31  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks Tani! That is great that you stayed on schedule with your classes

Yesterday I spent 40 minutes shovelling snow and found out how weak my arms are so I have decided to do some strenght training as of today.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #32  
Waisting away

*LOL* Nothing like shovelling to bring that little fact home.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #33  

Yup!

Last night I managed to not eat after 7:30 p.m.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I ate Bran Buds cereal with strawberries for breakfast, romaine lettuce FF cheese and lean ham at lunch, sugar free jello for snack and when I went to the store in my building I didnt buy any crap food. I did get a diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper (the commercial seemed cool) but also have had a lot of water today.

Tiki.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #35  

Good going tiki!

Today I took my vitamins!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Last night we had to run into Ft. Wayne (nearest large city) and get some things. Jason and the kids wanted to go to Fazoli's-and since the kids actually eat there without any fuss-I agreed. While I would have rather had one of their pizzas or some huge sampler or lasagna dish-I ended up getting one of their low fat/reduced calorie dishes-the Grilled Chicken Platter-which is a chicken breast with marinara sauce, a side of seasoned broccoli, and about 1/3 portion of pasta and marinara. Only 400 some calories for the whole dinner. AND-when the breadstick lady came around and asked us if we wanted more-I told her 3-one for Jason and each of the kids. I had none.

I don't eat at fast food places very often at all-but I am so glad that when I do, that they are getting smarter and offering more choices for more health minded people.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #37  

Good going Aphil!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:41 AM   #38  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil

I don't eat at fast food places very often at all-but I am so glad that when I do, that they are getting smarter and offering more choices for more health minded people.
I so agree! I'm finding it easier and easier to find healthy things to eat at local restaurants. It takes so much stress out of going out to eat.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:50 PM   #39  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've been on these boards, but I came here today for encouragement and I have found it with this thread: it's so nice to see people celebrating the little victories...it's encouraging to think that they can add up to success!

I've had some victories today, but by far the biggest one is getting up at 4:35am to go do 25 minutes on the elliptical trainer DESPITE my desire to sleep in!

Thanks guys for the encouragement. Keep up the great work!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #40  

Good going troo! 4:35 - uhg!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:40 AM   #41  

After 9pm when the kids go to bed is one of my "danger times" and I successfully made it through. I had calories left for an evening snack (I'm a calorie counter) but of course they are limited, and I was really wanting to munchon EVERYTHING. I had a small serving of fruit, and a caramel corn flavored rice cake (they are big for 50 calories and whole grain!) When I was done with my snack-I picked up my newest Shape magazine and started reading until bedtime to keep me out of the kitchen.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #42  

I was really depressed on monday, haven't had an episode of depression in years, and got sent home from work. All I wanted to do was eat, so instead I had a bath with gorgeous bubble bath. But the best thing was, I fit in the bath!!! Before both hips touched the side, now only one does, or none if I position myself right, I was turning over and over in the bath like Flipper!!!!! It was so comfortable I stayed in for ages. Now my only problem is I sink coz I am too short, do you think I am going to get taller now???? LOL
Old 03-18-2005, 07:39 AM   #43  

Height: 5'-2"

Good going, girls!!

Kykaree, I'm sorry about the depressive episode, hon. I'm so glad you got through it... how wonderful about the bath!! That's HUGE progress!!

We took DS to Red Lobster the other night (his favourite restaurant), and I chose my food really wisely AND I didn't have a single taste of those yummy cheese buns!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:16 AM   #44  

ellis-good for you! I have found that with shrimp cocktail, salads, etc. that Red Lobster is pretty easy to eat healthfully at-if you avoid THOSE EVIL ROLLS! You did awesome!

kykaree-You need to take bubble baths more often now, huh? Wow...I bet that felt good to realize how much smaller you have become in that way.

My little triumph yesterday was wanting some chocolate, and instead of eating the entire 230 calorie bar, I broke it into 3 even pieces, and shared it evenly with my two children-so I had a little chocolate just under 80 calories. My husband knows what a chocolate hound I am-and said "Wow, that's some control for you, huh?"
Old 03-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #45  

Height: 5'-2"

Aphil, that is fantastic, girl!!
I know what you mean about eating the whole thing. Often my DH will try to horn in on any snack that I'm eating, but I'm like a dog with a bone, and tell him to GET AWAY!
I've changed my mindset now. I willingly pass my plate or bowl over to him. It's a good feeling. Sort of.
Closed Thread