Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 03:44 PM   #46  

Height: 5'-2"

OH MY GOSH, Lois!! I really missed you... you were one of my favourites! Welcome back, hon!!

Tiki, you are one smart woman. When you're a mom, it's all about the kids, isn't it? That's why there's no way I'll even attempt another try at (temporarily... I know this is life-time thing for me) going off my meds until my kids are grown.
I'm really surprised that we don't hear of more women killing their children. Mothers are supposed to be strong and capable and loving at all times, otherwise we're seen as failures. And God forbid that we should cry out for help.
Kudos to you, Tiki, for communicating your fears and weaknesses to your children. You're a wonderful Mom.

Squeak, I'm so glad that the depression hasn't reared its ugly head to you yet. And I hope it passes you by this year. Remember that we're ALWAYS here for you, okay? We're like invisible Goddesses... always at hand, just for each other.
I love you, too, sweetie.

Mauvais, missy... how are YOU feeling? Weather getting you down? The other day, Ruth said she wasn't leaving her house unless it caught on fire, and I immediately thought, "What a good idea! A fire!"
Old 01-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Ellis,

Your mind works in mysterious ways! Fire is a good idea? Thanks for the compliment though. You are right, we are supposed to be strong so even when we do ask for help, it is often hard to get people to take us seriously. I told the "guy" about that really bad year and he totally didn't believe it. That actually bothered me cause it made me wonder how he would react if I ever needed help again.

On a different note, we got 12 inches of snow Saturday - 12 INCHES - DS got out there and shoveled ours and then also shoveled a neighbors for $11. He actually only negotiated $5 but she felt sorry for him and tipped him $6. He was wore out the rest of the day. DD didn't go out the door. She was too busy getting ready to go to the Daddy Daughter dance. She looked so pretty and is getting to be such a lady. If I wasn't so busy doing her hair,nails, clothes, I probably would have cried a bit.

Tiki.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #48  

Height: 5'-2"

Tiki, a couple of days ago, it was -41F here. Hence the fire.
If only it would snow (NOT 12 inches, though!) and warm up!!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:04 PM   #49  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Tiki-It IS a lifelong struggle. I just KNOW that I don't ever want to get as bad as my worst again. TOTALLY understand what you are saying! I live in Royal Oak, and we got 12 inches too....DH and I shoveled Saturday morning. The kids usually help a lot more than they did this time.

Ellis- Love you too sweetie!! I'm with you; maybe I'll try going without meds once the kids are grown (and after menopause...I think my hormones SIGNIFICANTLY contribute.)

Squeak- Love YOU too!! Maybe you'll luck out this year, and NOT have it. February is always bad for DS14, so I'm watching him too. How much snow did YOU get? My sis (Rhode Island) is completely snowed in!!!

Lois-HI!! Welcome back!! Sorry about the REASON you are back though!!! I'm in the same boat, except that I didn't lose the 30 pounds to begin with!! Hey!! Thin or heavy you can always come and chat!!!

Mauvais-Good for you for getting back into it. I'm still making excuses!!! I pity you Ottawa women, YIKES it is cold!!! Almost makes me feel okay about all the snow we have!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:41 PM   #50  
Slowly shrinking

It's been horribly cold here too, and we got at least 12 inches on Sat. Some more today, but not too much. Snow is more fun when the temps aren't so frigid.

Thank you for the welcome!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:12 PM   #51  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ellis - I am doing okay, thanks for asking. I could feel the SAD working on me during the 1st week of January but I have forced myself to open up all the curtains and let the light into the house, put some bellydance music and gypsy kings on (always makes me feel good and dance around the house) and have been working on home organization projects to keep me busy.

I also forced myself out on this past freezing and snowy Saturday night to go to a club that was hosting a bellydance show. I went with two friends and we watched the performers then spent the rest of the evening dancing up a storm to arabic dance music with the rest of the attendees. We even wore our hipscarves just for fun! It was a blast. Afterwards we went for a nightcap at a martini bar - you should have seen peoples faces when they saw our scarves -

I had not been in the mood to go out that night but I was glad that I did!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:36 PM   #52  

I've struggled with depression as well. I also find that when I start to slip into it I feel like I'm in a very familiar and safe place. It is almost as if nothing can hurt me because I'm already numb. I've also been teaching myself to seek help when I get into that state. I don't use medication, but I think it does help some people. I think if I ever couldn't recover from a bout I would get medicated, but so far I've been able to pull myself out of it every time. The end of last year had me worried though, and I'm being very careful right now. Anyway, thanks for sharing y'all. I really appreciate the open feeling in this forum.

In other news I lost 3# since Friday! Just goes to show what amping up fiber and water can do for me!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #53  

Mauv,

That sounds like such a FUN night! I am also glad you went. And I am sure the people at the bar were ALSO glad you were there.

Tiki
Old 01-27-2005, 07:49 AM   #54  
Wanttolossalot

Back again!
Darn computer crashed on me last week and have not been able to get it working again until last night. I was not impressed at all. Three weeks today NO SMOKES! I will be getting weighed this morning, so I will check in with you later to give info on that, if this beast of a computer allows me too. I am sure it is not a good story though! Oh well! I will get back on track eventually.
Virginia
Old 01-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #55  

congratulations on 3 weeks of not smoking!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #56  

Great job on the no smokes!!!

My fridge and freezer (bought new in 2000) died on me yesterday so I spent all evening cooking up food, packing it in big plastic tubs and hauling it to my sun porch. Luckily the thing is still under warranty but its gonna take them until Monday to get out and check on it. We better NOT get a thaw out here in Michigan before then. I am relying on good old Mother Nature to take care of my food for me.

Tiki.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #57  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Back up to 245.5, but telling you so on a new computer. Finally got a new computer today. It is so nice to have something that works so well.
Tiki, sorry to hear about your fridge. Hopefully they can fix it for yo.
Virginia
Old 01-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #58  

Aghhh! Tiki fridge AND freezer!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather stays cold for you....wish I could send you some of our -30 weather

Well this weekend is going to be terrible exciting ....I am still working on home organization projects but at least it will occupy my time and stop me from boredom eating
Old 01-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #59  

Thanks for the crossed fingers. I didn't realize just how cold my sunporch was until I got home yesterday and my kool-aid was FROZEN.

I have a Friday night chick chat session planned with my girlfriends tonight and then visiting a girlfriend I haven't seen in months tomorrow followed by a date with "the guy" tomorrow night. So of course, I am grinnning BIG TIME just thinking about my weekend.

Tiki.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #60  

Sounds like a fun weekend...also sounds like things are going pretty good with "the guy"
Closed Thread