Old 12-02-2004, 05:44 PM   #16  
a brave new me...

Arrow Ok...

Have done pretty good with the green tea instead of the coffee. Now I am focusing on bringing my lunch to work with me everyday instead of eating out all the time. I have been buying tons of frozen meals which are great because I know exactly how many cals etc I am eating. This has been a very good week.

Also started recording my food intake AND re-joined the YMCA and actually worked out a few times. Whoo hooo!
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:48 AM   #17  
Gotta move my Thang!

Holy Cow, Sojourner! Way to go!

I think I will lift your "bring lunch" idea next week - I waste my money on take out too often, it's rarely good for my body, and sometimes it's not even tasty! (Grocery store pizza, for example)

You go, Grrl!
K--
solarmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #18  
Pending Email Confirmation

Well, I have started going to the gym and though I don't go a lot, and I haven't started back on any diets, I am noticing a few little things that the one change has brought one.
For one, when I first started going about a month or two ago I could barely huff and puff on the treadmill, and now every time I go I see I have to go a little bit faster in order to feel it.
Also, while I haven't seen a huge drop in weight, I am feeling a lot more muscles that I didn't feel before, and I can stretch farther than before. I also noticed something, when I first started going to the gym I wouldn't even be sore the next day at all.. but now I make sure to work out hard enough to feel it! I'm improving, and it's a nice feeling.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:59 PM   #19  
a brave new me...

Talking New Week

Even though I started exercising last week, this week I am going to work on getting my booty to the gym. My goal for the week is to go four times. Still drinking green tea (except for Monday mornings... have to be reasonable), and bringing my lunch to work.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:18 PM   #20  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Good going everyone

Ellis - congrats on staying OP for 3 weeks!

I am committing myself to getting back into my weight loss groove after my vacation so I am going out to get some healthy groceries for the rest of the week.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:09 PM   #21  
Pending Email Confirmation

Another result from my little change is that I've lost 2 lbs. It was a nice unexpected surprise because I'm just trying to keep more lbs at bay until after the holidays!

I am going to try to keep a gratitude journal because I focus way to much on negative things. And I need to remind myself of the positive, especially getting through this holiday season and dealing with the loss of my family (not dead, just in a different country, for good) I am hoping the end result will be focusing on postives and pulling myself out of my depressed and crabby mood. I'll let you know if it works. *L*
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:20 AM   #22  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you, Squeak and Mauvais.

Well, I haven't tracked all freakin' week. I did managed to lose another 1/2 pound, though. Some sort of miracle.

Everyone is doing so well... keep it up, girls!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:39 AM   #23  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Good going chicks!

I tried to stay OP on holiday but it was very difficult as the restaurants did not have many healthy choices or smaller meal choices but I did what I could.

I did discover that I can drink skim milk lattes without the sugar
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:24 PM   #24  
a brave new me...

Talking Well

My green tea change seems to have fallen by the wayside and I am back to my coffee drinking ways. But more importantly, I have been sticking to my other changes and meeting my goals. Have been bringing my lunch almost everyday at work and we have cut way, way back on eating out. My first exercise goal was to go three times/week, then four times the next... both of which I did successfully! I am up to swimming for an hour and walk/run on the treadmill for 45-60 minutes. This week my goal is to go an do aerobic workouts three times plus do another two visits for weights. So far so good... only two more workouts this week and I will have done it. It feels so great to follow through with these things!!