Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That's a great idea for the weekends beachgal! I haven't been on a picnic in eons!

I really need stay active on the weekends. I usually grocery shop and run errands but I need to stick to my morning routine.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #17  
Faithless The Wonder Girl

A great thing about being on weight watchers is my trusty Canadian fast food guide. On weekends when eating out is unavoidable I always have it in my purse for reference, It works well if I know what I really really want and it's bad for me to realise that its like 18 points and I just don't want it that much! For anyone else who isn't on weight watchers you could carry around a note book and make sure you pick up nutrition guides wherever you go and keep track of your choices, I have a regular at every fast food place.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #18  

Amedelia- your right, I have the WW Canadian food guide and I should really start carrying it with me.

One thing I have done to help me to drink water on the weekends is that I bought two tall slim plastic drink containers that have their own straws built into the cap.

My hubby and I have been filling them with some ice cubes and water or Crystal Light and taking them on our walks and in the car with us on the weekends when we are running errands or taking day trips out of town.

This has made a big difference - we are drinking less pop and we are savin $
Old 06-27-2004, 10:26 AM   #19  

I ate at Denny's yesterday - a place I don't usually go to - and I was pleasantly surprised to find they had a carb conscious menu section and a lower fat menu section
Old 07-08-2004, 10:13 AM   #20  

Default I love this place!

I have been a lurker for a while and this post pulled me out....I have Friday night syndrom...I work my *** off all week and then Friday nights ...treat myself and husband to a bottle of red..then the slippery slope begins with the brain rationalizing "I will start fresh Monday"....so I am formulating a plan over my coffee this morning... ....I am not sure what it will be yet ......but reading your posts may help!!! so thanks!!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 11:43 AM   #21  

Welcome KidzRN!

I am a Friday nighter too I have managed to break the habit of the one beer after work on a Friday night and then the rest of the weekend goes to **** in a handbasket

I am working on it though and getting better
Old 07-09-2004, 10:09 PM   #22  

ok I am stopping the wine...for at least a while and see if it helps..(I am very sure it will but want to leave my options open!!!) this really is a great board ..thanks!
Old 07-10-2004, 01:49 PM   #23  

I have finally gotten into the habit of eating breakfast on the weekends.

I usually start doing things or go out and forget and end up eating my first meal at 1pm - not good
Old 07-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #24  

I think I will use fitday on the weekends even if I loose control ...in the past if I blow a day I will not come clean...there is a good start...coming clean on my bad eating!.....
Old 07-11-2004, 06:01 AM   #25  
maintaining

S/C/G: 243/170/165

Height: 6'

Yeah. Weekends: soooo good and sooo difficult!
What especially helped me was eating proper meals both Saturdays and Sundays (breakfasts like mauvaisroux says!), and logging everything I ate - even when I didn’t eat well.
I suppose it’s OK to have two days a week where I eat (and drink) a bit more – I can focus on eating 10.500 calories a week just as well as focusing on eating 1500 calories a day.
But I weigh in on Monday mornings – and when I have weight-loss-periods (I alternate between loosing and maintaining), that helps keeping me motivated throughout the weekend.

I agree KidzRN: coming clean on bad eating is sort of the prerequisite to change. It’s sort of strange that I actually have tried to cheat myself with food. I can’t understand what I was thinking. Trying to cheat *myself*? I mean – hello? What am I – schizophrenic?
Old 07-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #26  
Waisting away

Like most of us - I find weekends killer too.

However, since I started on the LA Weight Loss, I find it a lot harder to cheat because I diligently log and the counsellors look over my journals when I weigh in. It makes me VERY accountable and it seems to work.

However, like Mauvais I get crabby when I don't eat, so I too have started bringing water and fruit with me in the cars, so I don't crash and then get home and eat anything that's not nailed down.

We don't go out for dinner as often as we used to (which was a lot). This really helps .

And finally, I bought a Hamilton Beach grill (kinda like the Foreman grill) and if it weren't for that baby I wouldn't be able to stay on program. It cooks just about anything, meat, fish, I've even done sliced potatoes on it in minutes. I nuke my veggies and I'm all set.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:19 AM   #27  

Okay, I really have to stay OP this weekend! As of this morning I am 2lbs away from my WW goal! I don't weigh in until monday and I have to go to a BBQ on Saturday where I know where will be ton's of food and booze!

I am planning on bringing some diet soft drinks with me and a big green salad for the table and having 1 piece of chicken with salad.

Hope this works
Closed Thread