Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Joining late, too. Would like to get some weight off and feel better before our youngest son goes off to college this Sept. Had been doing veg, then tried a variation of veg SBD, but couldn't take all the dairy and cheese, etc--felt so sluggish and crappy!

So--back to vegan for the most part with just a little fish occasionally--no meat, no dairy. Lots 'o' fruits and veggies and some grains, legumes and nuts. Up the water.

Walk my doggie when his foot gets better and continue to walk SIL's doggie total of 5 days a week, for 45 min-1 hr. Yoga at least 3 days per week for 30-60 min. Add gardening and cleaning and I should be busy for awhile.

Can't believe how hard this is at this time of my life (will be 50 in the fall), but I am determined to get past this sluggish metabolism and LOSE WEIGHT!

Sign me re-commited.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:13 PM   #17  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

welcome back chervata. your diet sounds about where i hope to be if i ever take the plunge and go torwards vegan.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:31 AM   #18  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hello everybody! Welcome newbies. Its never too late! Well I haven't checked in for a few days. I had a bad week last week. This week is much better. No soda or sugar for going on 3 days now. I started a food diary this week. I managed to go to the YMCA on Saturday and do the treadmill and weights for an hour (30 min. on treadmill, 30 on weights). Very proud of myself for that one. And I've already been 2 days this week and planning on going tonight. I'm movin' right along, FINALLY! I have got to reach my June goal. Hope you're all doing well. Be-lieve me, if I can do it surely anyone can! Take care - Amy
Old 04-29-2004, 09:58 AM   #19  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

chicks! sounds like we are all off to a good start

Welcome back Chervata!

I have been sick for two days so I have not been able to exercise but yesterday I went for an hour long walk and tonight I have my dance class so back to it!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #20  

Mauvais : glad you are feeling better.
Amy : way to go , sounds like you are motivating yourself right into that gym and to your goals.

well i managed to get rid of the weight i had put back on and am back at 182. last week was a bad week. but i have managed to stay on top of myself and stay focused. let's hope this trend keeps up.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:06 AM   #21  

Thanks Heather

Yup! I have to be a good girl this weekend too .....1 am up 1lb and I have to go to a birthday dinner on Saturday night so I will try to eat light - hard because we are going to an Italian restaurant...I can already hear the Tiramisu calling my name...

I plan to exercise on Saturday and Sunday and I am going to a bellydance party tonight so I will be dancing my butt off hopefully that will help me!
Old 04-30-2004, 10:30 AM   #22  

Mauvais : enjoy a fun, Healthy weekend. if you plan it right a dinner out can do no harm.
well haven't been exercising as much as i would like,but have been so busy. some of the major spring cleaning i have been doing for myself and others has to count as exercise. but when i hopped on the scale this am it has gone done. all that water and just keeping busy. trying to eat healthy is working.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:14 AM   #23  

well i have continued to try and make working out a part of my life. ( going to do this mornings as soon as i finish my post ) still drinking water. some days are better eating days than others. craving veggies big time. so today i go to the fresh veggie satore, and stock up.. i have been thinking of taking my measurements. something which i have always shyed away from. so that i have a reference point. yesterday i went over to my best girl (in Real life, lol) and she had gotten WATP express and some exercise shorts, bra. i almost jumped for joy this is a lady who has resisted all my attempts to get us to work together. days have been spent couch potatoing on her sofa watching soaps. so needless to say i was thrilled.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:35 AM   #24  

That's great that your friend is getting into exercising with you!

I have managed to exercise everyday this week
Old 05-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Still no real exercise. I have done some yard work- that kinda counts.... I was thinking of getting Winsor Pilates or a new yoga dvd but that is about as far as it has gone is thinking about it.

Heather - I had the measuring tape out yesterday trying to figure out what frame size I am... I gave myself a headache but while I was at it I did my bust/waist/hip size for the first time since starting Atkins... I have lost several inches in my hips and bust - my waist is hanging about the same maybe an inch smaller. I am 32/29/38 can't really complain about that.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:00 PM   #26  

Amy : nope can't complain about that. sounds pretty darn good to me.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

Sounds good to me too.
I'd be happy with something in the 30's

I just wanted to pop in and tell everyone that I met my goal early! Yay to me.

My goal was to be under 200 and I've been straggling right there between 200 & 203 or so... but today my friend and enemy said 199!! I was thrilled. Had to share.

So now I suppose I should come up with a new goal. Like maybe start exercising finally. I think I've lost all i'm going to just by changing my diet. Too bad for my big lazy self. *L*

So I think my treat at the Bath and Body Works store is calling to me. And maybe today I'll exercise even...
Old 05-14-2004, 11:01 AM   #28  
Amy Needs New Shoes

GOOD JOB LIZZINESS!

Well I haven't done quite as well. I'm back up to 199. I know I've been emotional eating. Argh. And I still haven't found a way to hold my own in house full of sugar luvin', fat eatin' family. I had a small victory the other night, they bought sugar and I made myself look at the fat/calorie/sugar content and that made me walk away. But it was tough. A part of me STILL wanted it. I'm still on track with exercise but eating right is still very hard for me. I just got paid so I'm buying a ton of healthy stuff for home and work. NO eating out either! I have roughly 2 months to reach my goal and I want to FINALLY do it!!!!!! So no more hiding from the list, I'm coming out and shouting my recommitment! hahaha Thanks for listening!
Old 05-14-2004, 01:11 PM   #29  

Congrats. Lizzi that is great!
Amy : i know what you mean. hubby did last grocery shopping and needless to say it was bad. very bad. and if the crap is here in the house i have the hardest time not eating it.
i am holding on but jsut barely the past couple weeks have been rough emotionally and there was days i ate for all the wrong reasons.
so i went to virtual model and made a now me, and i wanna be me. lol they now are taped to my fridge to remind me everytime i open the door. ( i saw somewhere in another thread around here about that and thought what a great idea)
Old 05-17-2004, 10:03 AM   #30  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Thats a cool idea blu! Yeah its VERY hard for me to turn down bad food if its there. I have GOT to get back on track. I have eaten NO veggies in days! And I don't feel very good physically but I still don't think about it while I'm eating. Plus I went to Scarborough Faire all day yesterday. There aren't exactly veggies around to eat in the land of turkey legs and meat pies. But at least I steered clear of the sugar. I've noticed that a lot of the things I used to love I just can't stand anymore. Like waffles with strawberry topping-I tried one Saturday and it tasted sooo sweet it was gross! I think I have my sugar under control, now how to I get the veggies back? Why is it so complicated??? Ok. I'm done complaining. Thanks.
Closed Thread